The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jamie Foxx & Gerard Butler Thrill as "Law Abiding Citizens" (E Entertainment)

Go down 
+2
Leo
DonnaKat
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Jamie Foxx & Gerard Butler Thrill as "Law Abiding Citizens" (E Entertainment) Empty
PostSubject: Jamie Foxx & Gerard Butler Thrill as "Law Abiding Citizens" (E Entertainment)   Jamie Foxx & Gerard Butler Thrill as "Law Abiding Citizens" (E Entertainment) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 10:46 am

Watch the video at etonline.com

Jamie Foxx and Gerard Butler team up for a deadly game of cat and mouse in the psychological thriller 'Law Abiding Citizen,' and ET has a first look with the stars on location at the Philly set!

"There's lot of bang bang boogie in this movie," Jamie tells ET. "You know what I'm saying? Explosions. The way the movie opens is gripping, so it really has that tone of a 'Seven,' but only this time you get a chance to see [the crimes being committed]."

In theaters in March 2010, 'Law Abiding Citizen' finds Gerard as a man whose wife and daughter are brutally murdered. Looking for vengeance, he focuses his rage against Jamie's character, an assistant district attorney who allowed mercy to supersede justice in the case against the killers.

"It's about this regular guy who, when he turns his mind to it, can really bring a whole system to its knees," says Gerard.

"Gerard's character suffers a loss with his wife and his child; I'm on the opposite end of it," explains Jamie. "I'm really about moving up on the ladder, going from a D.A. to hopefully mayor of the city. Insensitive to his needs at the time … ten years later he comes back with all the wrong answers. He wants to get everyone back, and that's not the way it should go."

Despite such serious subject matter, Jamie says he definitely likes to keep the mood light on the set: "Oh, you know me man -- I'm always about the jokes," he says. "We just always have fun. We talk about the cold a lot. We talk about how Philly can get so cold. The sun is shining, but it is only 22 degrees. So we always get a kick out of that."

"Jamie's a funny guy; I temper it, you know?" says Gerard, who adds that Jamie loves to sing to everybody in between takes. "I like to try my best, but most people tell me I'm not funny at all. But in this, I think it's important to choose your moments for when to get heavy. If I have a heavy day, then I'll try to stay away from everybody."

Viola Davis, Bruce McGill, Colm Meaney and Regina Hall also star in the film directed by F. Gary Gray ('The Italian Job').
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

Jamie Foxx & Gerard Butler Thrill as "Law Abiding Citizens" (E Entertainment) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Foxx & Gerard Butler Thrill as "Law Abiding Citizens" (E Entertainment)   Jamie Foxx & Gerard Butler Thrill as "Law Abiding Citizens" (E Entertainment) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 11:00 am

By the way, I'm not sure if this IS the segment, or they're doing a different segment, but ET is supposed to air coverage of Law Abiding Citizen tonight. Check your local listings for times, etc.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Jamie Foxx & Gerard Butler Thrill as "Law Abiding Citizens" (E Entertainment)   Jamie Foxx & Gerard Butler Thrill as "Law Abiding Citizens" (E Entertainment) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:54 pm

If he's wrapping filming in two weeks, the timing's perfect.

This should put him smack dab in the middle of models in NYC....and a certain "feline" fan.

Heh heh......
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Jamie Foxx & Gerard Butler Thrill as "Law Abiding Citizens" (E Entertainment)   Jamie Foxx & Gerard Butler Thrill as "Law Abiding Citizens" (E Entertainment) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:58 pm

So that's what the manager's voice sounds like.

Oh ... Is shampoo expensive in the US? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Jamie Foxx & Gerard Butler Thrill as "Law Abiding Citizens" (E Entertainment)   Jamie Foxx & Gerard Butler Thrill as "Law Abiding Citizens" (E Entertainment) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 4:13 pm

Why, are you planning on traveling here?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Jamie Foxx & Gerard Butler Thrill as "Law Abiding Citizens" (E Entertainment)   Jamie Foxx & Gerard Butler Thrill as "Law Abiding Citizens" (E Entertainment) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 4:20 pm

No, just wondering if someone is deliberately leaving it off the weekly shopping list. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: Jamie Foxx & Gerard Butler Thrill as "Law Abiding Citizens" (E Entertainment)   Jamie Foxx & Gerard Butler Thrill as "Law Abiding Citizens" (E Entertainment) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 4:45 pm

Alan's hair is an enigma.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Jamie Foxx & Gerard Butler Thrill as "Law Abiding Citizens" (E Entertainment)   Jamie Foxx & Gerard Butler Thrill as "Law Abiding Citizens" (E Entertainment) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 5:01 pm

Word.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: Jamie Foxx & Gerard Butler Thrill as "Law Abiding Citizens" (E Entertainment)   Jamie Foxx & Gerard Butler Thrill as "Law Abiding Citizens" (E Entertainment) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 5:09 pm

Word to your mother.

I have Vanilla Ice in my head now. Between your response and Gerry's jacket, I'm now channeling the '80s.

Speaking of hair, Gerry's looks like it's been dyed again...and he has shaved.
Maybe they are filming earlier scenes that were supposedly 10 years ago when he was younger??

Here's a pic of Gerry with a fan where you can see how dark his hair is:

http://gbgalsgallery.com/v/fan/LAC+Location/frannie/Fran+and+Gerry+_031109_Philly+City+Hall.jpg.html

There's also one with Alan, of course. Bad hair all around.

Last edited by Dallas on Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Jamie Foxx & Gerard Butler Thrill as "Law Abiding Citizens" (E Entertainment)   Jamie Foxx & Gerard Butler Thrill as "Law Abiding Citizens" (E Entertainment) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 7:50 pm

It would seem that they've changed the video from this morning since I posted this, as well as lengthened the segment. The interview with Alan, as well as other parts of the existing interviews, etc. weren't in the original video. Anyway, here's the updated verbiage (the link is the same):

Jamie Foxx and Gerard Butler team up for a deadly game of cat and mouse in the psychological thriller 'Law Abiding Citizen,' and ET has a first look with the stars on location at the Philly set!

"There's lot of bang bang boogie in this movie," Jamie tells ET. "You know what I'm saying? Explosions. The way the movie opens is gripping, so it really has that tone of a 'Seven,' but only this time you get a chance to see [the crimes being committed]."

In theaters in March 2010, 'Law Abiding Citizen' finds Gerard as a man whose wife and daughter are brutally murdered. Looking for vengeance, he focuses his rage against Jamie's character, an assistant district attorney who allowed mercy to supersede justice in the case against the killers.

"It's about this regular guy who, when he turns his mind to it, can really bring a whole system to its knees," says Gerard, who reveals that he was originally supposed to play Jamie's D.A. character. "There was just something about this role that I found very tantalizing. ... It was something very interesting to play and to think about, and I thought I don't get that chance very often, so we did a swap."

"Gerard's character suffers a loss with his wife and his child; I'm on the opposite end of it," explains Jamie. "I'm really about moving up on the ladder, going from a D.A. to hopefully mayor of the city. Insensitive to his needs at the time … ten years later he comes back with all the wrong answers. He wants to get everyone back, and that's not the way it should go."

Despite such serious subject matter, Jamie says he definitely likes to keep the mood light on the set: "Oh, you know me man -- I'm always about the jokes," he says. "We just always have fun. We talk about the cold a lot. We talk about how Philly can get so cold. The sun is shining, but it is only 22 degrees. So we always get a kick out of that."

"Jamie's a funny guy; I temper it, you know?" says Gerard, who adds that Jamie loves to sing to everybody in between takes. "I like to try my best, but most people tell me I'm not funny at all. But in this, I think it's important to choose your moments for when to get heavy. If I have a heavy day, then I'll try to stay away from everybody."

Viola Davis, Bruce McGill, Colm Meaney and Regina Hall also star in the film directed by F. Gary Gray ('The Italian Job').

"We're shooting a lot of very intense scenes, and in between takes there's a lot of laughter," says Gary. "You would expect it with Jamie, but definitely with Gerard too. He's really, really funny."

Watch ET for more behind the scenes action from 'Law Abiding Citizen'!
Back to top Go down
ladyremi
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Jamie Foxx & Gerard Butler Thrill as "Law Abiding Citizens" (E Entertainment)   Jamie Foxx & Gerard Butler Thrill as "Law Abiding Citizens" (E Entertainment) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 8:52 pm

I love you
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Jamie Foxx & Gerard Butler Thrill as "Law Abiding Citizens" (E Entertainment)   Jamie Foxx & Gerard Butler Thrill as "Law Abiding Citizens" (E Entertainment) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 2:39 am

Dallas wrote:
Word to your mother. I have Vanilla Ice in my head now. Between your response and Gerry's jacket, I'm now channeling the '80s.
My work is done. Think perms and blow waves.

Laughing

I love messing with your head.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Jamie Foxx & Gerard Butler Thrill as "Law Abiding Citizens" (E Entertainment)   Jamie Foxx & Gerard Butler Thrill as "Law Abiding Citizens" (E Entertainment) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 2:53 pm

Change is good...longer segments...even better.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jamie Foxx & Gerard Butler Thrill as "Law Abiding Citizens" (E Entertainment)   Jamie Foxx & Gerard Butler Thrill as "Law Abiding Citizens" (E Entertainment) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jamie Foxx & Gerard Butler Thrill as "Law Abiding Citizens" (E Entertainment)
Page 1 of 1