The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C.

Go down 
+3
Nay
Leo
DonnaKat
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C. Empty
PostSubject: Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C.   Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 8:04 am

Gerard Butler attends the Post Pre-Inaugural Ball hosted by The Huffington Post and MySpace at The Newseum on January 19, 2009 in Washington, DC.

Link HERE .

Pictures are also in gallery.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C.   Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 8:23 am

Celebs flock to Washington to attend pre-inaugural balls

Celebrities attending a star-studded party in Washington the eve before President-elect Barack Obama's inauguration, talk about the incoming U.S. President and how he has influenced them. Actor Val Kilmer says he's been so touched by Obama, that he may run for governor of his state, New Mexico.

WASHINGTON, D.C. UNITED STATES (JANUARY 19, 2009) REUTERS -
Celebrities are ruling the red carpet in Washington, but there's
only one true star in the city - incoming U.S. President Barack Obama.
At a pre-inaugural celebration stars including Val Kilmer, David
Arquette and boxing promoter Don King - are gushing about Obama and how much influence the President-elect is having on their lives.

Sultry singer Shakira says that Obama has given hope not just to
Americans, but to people in her native Columbia and around the world.
"I believe that his triumph is the triumph of all the minorities who live in the U.S., not only the African Americans but also the Asian community, the Jewish community, the Latino community. I think that his victory is sending a very strong message to all the kids around the world who
now think that anything is possible and that they can become anything they want with perseverance and hard work."

Val Kilmer agrees with Shakira, and says that Obama has had a
significant influence on his personal life - one that could be career
changing. Kilmer told Reuters, "Well I was making jokes because actors have a long line of success in politics, so I was making fun of Reagan because he was a very good politician but not such a good actor and so people in my state took it seriously and they've asked me to run for governor. So I've been looking at ways to just be more public with things I've been private about and just being supportive. He's really inspired me to be more responsible."

Asked if he was seriously contemplating a shift to politics, Kilmer
said, "I have a great love for it, so it might happen." Kilmer isn't the only one influenced by Obama's work within his own community."

Actor David Arquette, says he's started volunteering at a soup kitchen
in Venice, California twice a week. "It feels like there's a conscious shift in people's approach in the world and I want to be part of that and I want to support them and my fellow Americans."

Gerard Butler wanted so much to be part of the celebration of change, he flew to Washington at the last minute to attend the party and soak in some of the excitement. Butler says he's scheduled to start working on a new film on Tuesday (January 20), which is inauguration day, but he couldn't miss the once in a lifetime opportunity. "It feels like he's kind of inspiring to everybody. And there's just something special going on and I want to be part of it."

Reverend Jesse Jackson says that what Obama is bringing to the White House, is a "renewal of faith," which he says is "infectious,
it's in the air and with that attitude people in fact can change."

But talk wasn't limited to the new President - the 44th First Lady has
some celebrity admirers too - and not for her clothing choices.
"I don't really care what she wears. I just hope she continues to
be one tough chick, ya know, that's what she is. I think she's pretty kick ass. So you know, I don't care what she wears, she could wear a brown paper sac for all I care, just as long as she keeps being as feisty, as intelligent and as she is already."

Stars went into the Newseum to party alongside ticket holders to the
event, who were treated to performances by Sheryl Crowe, Will.I.Am and Sting.

Link here: http://mpelembe.blogware.com/blog/_archives/2009/1/20/4063515.html
Back to top Go down
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C.   Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 1:18 pm

Wow....I don't know why this surprised me so much.

It also reminds me of what Helena wrote about his future , ten to twenty years from now. At the time, I was scratching my head and saying...."naw...I doubt it."

Dude....you're spot on!
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C.   Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 1:20 pm

I'm jealous because Gerry got into this event and I can't. How the heck does a Scotsman get into an Obama event at the last minute, and I can't?

That's trippin'.

I'm also jealous because he looks good too. I could never look that good in a blue suit.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C.   Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 5:02 pm

I'm with Leo - very surprised.

The logistic of this intrigue me. I would not have thought that making a decision like attending a DC function could be possible at the last minute. Either he's staying in a tent somewhere or flew in on an albatross or this was planned a while ago, in my estimation. It's either the beginning of a new interest or a fabulous chance to schmooze.

But hey, what do I know?
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C.   Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:32 pm

I'm wondering if Jamie Foxx had something to do with it. From what I heard from co-workers, Jamie was involved in the Obama campaign.

Sting was there as well, and we know the two of them are friends.

I'm still jealous, though. I think I'm going to go make friends with Oprah.
Back to top Go down
sky_fitsheaven
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal
sky_fitsheaven

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C.   Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 8:10 pm

Video:

From ET Online
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C.   Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 9:14 pm

I'm impressed...
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C.   Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 9:29 pm

I'm still trying to get the video to play...danged slow computer.

Thanks for sharing, Sky! I know I'll eventually get it to play. Laughing

I'm still jealous...while I'm impressed that Gerry made it to this event instead of being spotted as razzi fodder in yet another nightclub, nevertheless the fact that he was there at the event, sporting his nice blue suit and tie while was stuck here at home, sporting my nice blue pajamas, has me jealous. While I know my nice blue pajamas looked just as good on me as his blue suit looked on him, nevertheless the fact that he partook of the nice food and drink and hobnobbed with the elite while I sat home eating stinky chips while watching repeats of "Lost", has me pea green with envy.

I have no sympathy for him. He should sit home one night while I go out and have my picture tooken.

And no, Gerry...you will never make all of us happy. So don't even try. We're women, and therefore by proxy and birth it is impossible.

I blame it on the PMS.
Back to top Go down
sky_fitsheaven
sky_fitsheaven

PostSubject: Re: Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C.   Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 10:01 pm

Quote :
He should sit home one night while I go out and have my picture tooken.

Ha! Write him a very polite letter, Donna, and propose that he pay for an all nighter for you and some girlfriends. Offer to loan him your fuzziest slippers and rent him something with Jason Statham (or Titanic, his choice, of course). Explain your reasons why in point form, and include a Power Point presentation showing you in your living room acting out your fantasy night out. He will either be impressed by your creativity or pity you.

If that doesn't work, threaten to show up at his next Tonight Show appearance dressed as a camel wearing a belly-dancing outfit yelling something about a baby daddy and $75 he owes you for your services.
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C.   Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 10:18 pm

LOL !!!!!
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C.   Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:33 pm

sky_fitsheaven wrote:
If that doesn't work, threaten to show up at his next Tonight Show appearance dressed as a camel wearing a belly-dancing outfit yelling something about a baby daddy and $75 he owes you for your services.

Sky, ROFLMAO!!!!! Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C. 646968 Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C. 646968 Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C. 646968 Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C. 646968 Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C. 646968

This IS a unique turn of events. Gerry's never attended or commented on anything political really that I can think of. I understand how he feels. Change and history making are in the air in America. You just want to be a part of it.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C.   Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:49 pm

I'm still jealous. Suspect

Do you have a camel outfit I can borrow, Sky? scratch
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C.   Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 4:25 pm

LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
sky_fitsheaven
sky_fitsheaven

PostSubject: Re: Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C.   Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 6:01 pm

DonnaKat wrote:
I'm still jealous. Suspect

Do you have a camel outfit I can borrow, Sky? scratch

I did, but he won't give it back! Every time I ask he just breathes heavily into the phone and whispers, "No, I need it!"

Jerk.

Razz
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C.   Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 8:45 pm

I finally got the video link to work.

What happened to Val Kilmer?
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C.   Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 4:20 pm

That is interesting, Pat. Do you mean you think he is apolitical in his personal beliefs about politics (in that he doesn't have any), or just that he has opinions, but he is apolitical because he keeps them to himself?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C.   Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gerry attends the Post pre-inaugural ball in D.C.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Gerard Butler Stuff :: Gerry News :: Gerry Sightings/Latest News-
Jump to: