The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rumours - Lover or Fighter?

Go down 
+6
LadyNOLA
greyeyegoddess
pamelajane
Leo
DonnaKat
Nay
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Rumours - Lover or Fighter? Empty
PostSubject: Rumours - Lover or Fighter?   Rumours - Lover or Fighter? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 7:36 am

Hello ladies and strangers,

Today I bought this week's OK magazine (Australian edition) with all of the Golden Globe pictures, gossip etc. No, GB wasn't in that section of the magazine but he was pictured and mentioned elsewhere - The Art of Elysium's 2nd Annual Heaven Gals at St Vibiana Cathedral, LA. A small photo of him with Kate Bosworth was included where she is leaning over a table towards him and he is mid-stream with that crooked mouth saying something. Anyway ...

Rumours - Lover or Fighter? Th_gallery_main-gerardbutler-art-of-el

I realise quotes are often misinterpreted/misconstrued/made-up but the caption with the photo says:

"Guys take a photo of me speaking to someone and, apparently, I'm having an affair with her" Gerard Butler said of his reputation as a ladies' man.

So maybe the magazine has read this article.

http://socialitelife.celebuzz.com/archive/2009/01/11/gerard_butler_says_hes_no_womanizer_baby.php

At the same gossip site, his supposed studliness is noted.

http://www.celebuzz.com/gerard-butler-doesnt-get-around-s77161/ Take note of the comments left by a only poster:

Amazing how the entertainment industry gossip system works. Butler was asked (presumably by the paparazzo photographing him in Philadelphia) how he gets all the hot ladies. He pointed out that every time he is photographed talking to a woman, he is said to be having an affair with her. He said, "I'm having 10 affairs a day,according to you guys." He said nothing more about that, except to deny a direct comment that the pap thought Catherine Zeta Jones was one of his affairs, which he emphatically denied.

He is not heard to say anything about how it (having all these affairs) would be too exhausting or that he's "not that kind of guy." Unless he made the same comments elsewhere and elaborated on them, somebody is making up quotes. They float around the world and get embellished more and more. It's pretty damn silly.

I've been a journalist for years and this lax approach is verboten with any legitimate media outlet. I shake my head when I keep seeing references to Butler having been "linked" to this actress and that model, piling up a long list of LINKS that then seem to take on the aura of record. Who LINKED them in the first place? The entertainment press. I even suspect strongly that things he is quoted as having said in magazines and newspapers were concocted by his publicity people to stimulate interest in him. I especially suspect that when he is questioned about something and doesn't remember saying it.

There has been so much conflicting information printed about this guy, pro and con, if I were to write an article about him, I'd want to go right back to the sources and start fresh.

I say, gossip is NOT journalism. Think on it, fans and others.

Let's discuss. What are your honest and unbiased thoughts? Is there any truth in Hollywood circles? Or is it a scarce commodity?

Last edited by Nay on Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Rumours - Lover or Fighter?   Rumours - Lover or Fighter? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 7:58 am

Nay, did you mean to post this in the chat section? scratch
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Rumours - Lover or Fighter?   Rumours - Lover or Fighter? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 8:41 am

Yes DK, because I wanted to start a conversation about it. I couldn't see its position in other areas - movies, sightings, news, messages to GB, playroom). If it's not the right place for you, it's fine to move it.

Last edited by Nay on Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Rumours - Lover or Fighter?   Rumours - Lover or Fighter? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 2:29 pm

I tend to think there is a grain of truth to some of these rumors. Being a fan for over two years now, I've been able to observe a few traits he owns...superficially, of course.

Like any guy, he loves beautiful women. He's lucky enough to be in a career where he can access MANY of them. To my knowledge, the man is not engaged. I don't think it's inappropriate at all to ask a bevy of beauties out on a date any chance he gets.

As a nosy betch, I would LOVE to see how many phone numbers he has in his cache. LOL!!

However, if what Helena says is true, all that may change in March. (for G)
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Rumours - Lover or Fighter?   Rumours - Lover or Fighter? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 5:41 pm

What will change Leo or Helena?
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

PostSubject: Re: Rumours - Lover or Fighter?   Rumours - Lover or Fighter? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 5:47 pm

Oops, apparently my post posted twice. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Rumours - Lover or Fighter?   Rumours - Lover or Fighter? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 5:52 pm

I partially agree with you agree, Leo, but I am still highly suspicious of how much is 'contributed' by public relations/publicists. Fictionalising an image is certainly one way to keep someone fresh in the public's mind, don't you think? Surely any actor wanting fame and financial success would go along with that plan.

For example, what do you think of when you hear these names? Clooney, Hilton, Travolta, Winslet, Kidman ...

For me (in order) - smooth charmer, superficial void, smiling Danny, talented mummy, celebrity sell-out. Their images were cleverly crafted to cater for past memories of their successes (failures in Hilton's case) and yet are still open for future embellishment. Clooney makes stories, in between movies, that he is passionate about. Hilton is famous for being famous - the first of her generation to do so. Travolta has flashes of comedy and drama but seems to make wonky choices at times. Winslet is a dark horse who has stealthily built an impressive career and is now in a fine position to pick and choose. Kidman had talent but is, post-Cruise, not the woman I thought she was.

Back to GB. In five years time, what image will be have? What word/s will we be able to use to describe him? Will he be known as a womaniser? Will he be known as a celebrity? Will he commit altruistic acts that are kept secret? WIll he be seen as a joker or as a serious thinker?

I believe that PR can do just as much damage as it can enhance. Butler's image and his fans have the potential to fascinate me more than any reality show and the images we are presented with through the media are often the longest lasting.
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

PostSubject: Re: Rumours - Lover or Fighter?   Rumours - Lover or Fighter? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 6:02 pm

Yeah, again, what's gonna change in March for GB, per Helena? Anyone?
Back to top Go down
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Rumours - Lover or Fighter?   Rumours - Lover or Fighter? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 7:22 pm

PJ, honey....refer to Helena's reading for G down in members only. It's quite interesting.

Nay....I would agree. Although he's a very private person....stories still get out there.

As an admirer of his, I'm not helping him much. I embrace every new article that comes out about him.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: Rumours - Lover or Fighter?   Rumours - Lover or Fighter? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 8:09 pm

Hmmm...interesting, Nay.

Makes me wonder though, did the fans partially cause this? I mean, did we, in our desire for G to get the attention we thought he deserve, turn him into the ladies' man that now, publicity is displaying? Everywhere G goes, women are there. And I'm just as guilty.

~alice
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Rumours - Lover or Fighter?   Rumours - Lover or Fighter? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 3:17 am

Thanks Alice and Leo.

I'm not sure if fans have contributed to this or not, Alice. Maybe through a desire for publicity and a 'bigger' name, there has been a corresponding demand for more knowledge and gossip. A never-ending circle. I have said before that I believe GB should have made legal moves on his name and I stick with that.

What disturbs me in this publicity-driven industry is that a celebrity's desire for fame and a fan's demand for knowledge can so easily swing towards ownership and a misguided belief that (through interviews, media occasions, public events, snapshots in magazines etc) a real image is being presented. Uh huh, you can believe everything you read and half of what you hear, right?

Who really knows someone at a safe fanship distance? I am always greatly amused by people who jump in and answer what a celebrity would/would not do when they really don't know them! Maybe this is how the stalking psyche starts and that's not amusing in the slightest.

Leo, embracing every new article does not put anyone over the line of 'fevered fan'. It simply makes you interested in an interesting person, one that you see on the big screen in roles unlike your everyday life. But saying that a fan KNOWS someone based on the image that PR has provided you with is misguided in my book.
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Rumours - Lover or Fighter?   Rumours - Lover or Fighter? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 2:45 pm

I agree that there is probably some PR involved in his image. I do think we have followed GB long enough that we know his personality pretty well (sense of humor, etc.), but unless we actually know him personally, we will never know what he is really like (how he behaves with his friends and collegues and in relationships with women).
Back to top Go down
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Rumours - Lover or Fighter?   Rumours - Lover or Fighter? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 11:16 pm

Well said, Em!

One other thing....

As long as I'm a fan of G's..which will probably be a long time....I wil NEVER get the doll thing. Ever.

(lol)
Back to top Go down
LoneWolf
Boringly Sane

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Rumours - Lover or Fighter?   Rumours - Lover or Fighter? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 9:13 pm

Leo wrote:
I tend to think there is a grain of truth to some of these rumors. Being a fan for over two years now, I've been able to observe a few traits he owns...superficially, of course.

Like any guy, he loves beautiful women. He's lucky enough to be in a career where he can access MANY of them. To my knowledge, the man is not engaged. I don't think it's inappropriate at all to ask a bevy of beauties out on a date any chance he gets.

As a nosy betch, I would LOVE to see how many phone numbers he has in his cache. LOL!!

Hi Leo;

Just curious. No one knows even Helena what Gerry will do/not do. Everyone thought and said Bianca would be his wife by December 2006, look what happened. A friend of mine stationed in Diego, his fiancee has a brother who works closely with Ariel and he has said many times Gerry has no intention of settling down. (I was out in LA in December and we all got together and mouthy me commented about Gerrys "skirt chasin") and also was told this- "What you have read in some of his interviews are partially true, meaning he did say he gets lonely at time yet that doesnt mean he is going to settle down...."I'm sure you have read this in his interviews.

Also, as you told PJ read about it in members only...I'd like to but can't find the thread. (Please dont bash me-I just added a comment based on what I was told in LA).

Peace.

Lw
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Rumours - Lover or Fighter?   Rumours - Lover or Fighter? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 9:18 pm

LW, no one's gonna bash you here for stating your opinion. After all, if we all acted, thought and felt the same, it would be boring!

As far as getting lonely yet not wanting to settle down, I know completely where Gerry might be coming from on this. There are times when I want nothing more in the world than to be able to come home to someone, have someone to hold at night, etc. Yet there are other times I just want to be by my dang self and heaven help the person that tries to "communicate" with me during those times! Laughing It's no wonder I drive men away...I'm like a Jeckyll and Hyde! Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
LoneWolf
Boringly Sane

PostSubject: Re: Rumours - Lover or Fighter?   Rumours - Lover or Fighter? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 9:26 pm

DonnaKat wrote:
LW, no one's gonna bash you here for stating your opinion. After all, if we all acted, thought and felt the same, it would be boring!

As far as getting lonely yet not wanting to settle down, I know completely where Gerry might be coming from on this. There are times when I want nothing more in the world than to be able to come home to someone, have someone to hold at night, etc. Yet there are other times I just want to be by my dang self and heaven help the person that tries to "communicate" with me during those times! Laughing It's no wonder I drive men away...I'm like a Jeckyll and Hyde! Shocked

Between remembering what he said in those interviews about how he didn't like coming back a hotel room with no one there, yet part of him does want to settle down that does not mean he is.......yet every time he is seen with someone he is dating them, and with what my friends in LA have told me and what I have read, he would have already been in a relationship....no one has ever denied in conversations I have been in he isnt a sweetheart of a guy, it is just that right now he is unstable when it comes to a relationship. And, like you I find it hard at times to come home to a quiet place, yet I also want to run nude through my house (boy if my dogs and fish could talk....I'd be on the next "Boom-Boom Burtha" show....complete with saggin' bootie and flappin' ta-tas.) plus I don't want to share the dude I'm with...(done that).
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Rumours - Lover or Fighter?   Rumours - Lover or Fighter? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:16 pm

Thanks for your unique perspective, LW! It's nice to have an inside scoop.

Personally, I think Gerry will be the settling down type only when he meets a woman he finds suddenly brings out the settling down side in him.
Back to top Go down
LoneWolf
Boringly Sane

PostSubject: Re: Rumours - Lover or Fighter?   Rumours - Lover or Fighter? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:47 pm

LadyNOLA wrote:
Thanks for your unique perspective, LW! It's nice to have an inside scoop.

Personally, I think Gerry will be the settling down type only when he meets a woman he finds suddenly brings out the settling down side in him.

Hey anytime g/f;

Me, with all that I have been thru regarding dudes.......it is now applications at the door........those only with a**es tight enough to eat off of or crack walnuts only need apply (those will tight chests will also be considered-required for all applicants....education in manners, ie how to treat a lady and no slobering is a must......)

Anyway, as I told DK I am a lost cause been to long for this poon-mama...as I've said before if I took a prisoner right now, he would not survive! I would show no mercy!!! the expression rode hard and put away wet would be changed to ridden and drained!!!!! (OOOhhhhh lllllllaaaaawwwwddd-subawdy hep me pleeeeezzzzzzz........I think I need a diaper.......these unpure thoughts of Gerry, his bootie, chest....(memo to DK: remind me to send him an app)....***crawls back to the gutter......*****
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Rumours - Lover or Fighter?   Rumours - Lover or Fighter? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 3:02 am

Thanks for your input ladies! I was wondering if DK would throw another semi-tragic, bunny-footed pyjamas story our way. Hahahaha! Laughing

Okay, so we've veered a little off-topic track.

If there were several baskets in which you could place yourselves, which would you choose?

Basket 1: Believe none of the GB PR - Jeepers, the man speaks off the cuff all the time! And he probably can't remember what he does say.

OR

Basket 2: Believe a little of the GB PR hype - He's a little bit of this and a little bit of that (kind of like a recipe in progress or a little country/a little rock'n'roll).

OR

Basket 3: Believe everything that GB says/is quoted on.

OR

Basket 4: Straddling the undecided fence on GB - Watch out for barbed wire!

OR

Basket 5: Your choice on the spectrum ...

OR

WhoTF came up with that dumb basket idea?

My personal opinion is that we are still seeing someone and their image actively molded by a team with one common purpose (Basket 2). That means I believe a very small amount of what is reported in interviews as I frankly do with other celebrities. I enjoy the entertainment value but I do not take his opinions, values or views seriously as they do not impact on my life.

BTW: DK, we're all chipping in for new pjs for your birthday. Rumours - Lover or Fighter? 646968
Back to top Go down
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Rumours - Lover or Fighter?   Rumours - Lover or Fighter? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 3:56 am

LoneWolf wrote:
Leo wrote:

Hi Leo;

Just curious. No one knows even Helena what Gerry will do/not do. Everyone thought and said Bianca would be his wife by December 2006, look what happened. A friend of mine stationed in Diego, his fiancee has a brother who works closely with Ariel and he has said many times Gerry has no intention of settling down. (I was out in LA in December and we all got together and mouthy me commented about Gerrys "skirt chasin") and also was told this- "What you have read in some of his interviews are partially true, meaning he did say he gets lonely at time yet that doesnt mean he is going to settle down...."I'm sure you have read this in his interviews.

Also, as you told PJ read about it in members only...I'd like to but can't find the thread. (Please dont bash me-I just added a comment based on what I was told in LA).

Peace.

Lw

I do astrology as a hobby. It's fun for me. I don't claim to be a psychic or seer. Helena runs circles around me as far as the science of astrology goes.

However, I've done G's chart as well.

That being said....no...nothing is set in stone. The man has a free will. There are just indications in his chart that may lead to a major romance or deep friendship with a female in the near future. For the record, I don't know shet about Bianca, except that she is quite beautiful.

Questioning astrology is all well and good. It's not everyone's cup of tea. Take it with a grain of salt.

The woman G ends up with will have to have a thick skin. As I've said before, she'll probably get turds in the mail...or worse....get harassed by nutcases thinking THEY'RE his soul mate.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Rumours - Lover or Fighter?   Rumours - Lover or Fighter? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 5:54 am

Bravo Leo! cheers

Isn't it all a matter of choice? Choice to believe and choice to not believe.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Rumours - Lover or Fighter?   Rumours - Lover or Fighter? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:30 am

Of course, darling!

*kiss*
Back to top Go down
Helena
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor
Helena

Number of posts : 485

PostSubject: Re: Rumours - Lover or Fighter?   Rumours - Lover or Fighter? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:33 pm

Based on my personal experience, if 3 months ago someone would have said to me, I will meet the man of my dreams and move in with him in 3 months time...I would have fought them tooth N Nail, cuz I had NOOOOOOOO intentions of settling down with anybody. I am an independent woman who wants to come and go as she pleases...thoughts of marriage had no place in my brain, neither did monogamy. EVEN if it was Gerry....
In a matter of 3 months, I met the man of my dreams and he's movin in with me sunday.

I don't care what the charts say, I don't care what anyone says, when love comes knocking, and it's right, we have no control.
Gerry hasn't fallen hard enough yet.
But he will. Rest assured.
Yes he's a fighter...but for someone to be a fighter, he has to have passion, which also makes him a lover.

SO there...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lenapapadam
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Rumours - Lover or Fighter?   Rumours - Lover or Fighter? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:38 pm

Aaaaaaa!!!!!!!

Congratulations, baby! Woo HOOOOO!!!!!!

I wish you EVERY happiness. You deserve it!!!

In G's case, I hope he falls so madly in love that the air hurts!

Ain't love grand?
Back to top Go down
Helena
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor
Helena

Number of posts : 485

PostSubject: Re: Rumours - Lover or Fighter?   Rumours - Lover or Fighter? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:05 pm

Embarassed

Thanks luv!
Yes, love is the most transformative power on the planet.
That's why I don't get phazed when someone says "i'll never do this...or I'm not settling down....or anything else that really has no bearing on future events.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lenapapadam
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumours - Lover or Fighter?   Rumours - Lover or Fighter? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rumours - Lover or Fighter?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next