The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spartacus star Gerard Butler hits it off with NRL Premiers the Roosters

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Spartacus star Gerard Butler hits it off with NRL Premiers the Roosters Empty
PostSubject: Spartacus star Gerard Butler hits it off with NRL Premiers the Roosters   Spartacus star Gerard Butler hits it off with NRL Premiers the Roosters Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 7:31 pm

Pics at link:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/spartacus-star-gerard-butler-hits-it-off-with-nrl-premiers-the-roosters/story-fnilxh2p-1226868550480

THE South Sydney Rabbitohs may have a Gladiator on their side in Russell Crowe but the Sydney Roosters have adopted their own warrior — Spartacus.

The Roosters hosted Gerard Butler for his first league game on Friday night when they played against Manly.

When asked how he would go against the footy players on field, Butler told Roosters TV host Jared Coote: “I think they would kick my ass.”

“When you’re seeing it live and in the flesh, they hit hard, man, and they hit constantly ... I like watching it.”

Roosters captain Anthony Minichiello with Gerard Butler. Source: Supplied
Butler was given special celebrity treatment after watching the game from the Roosters Chairman’s Club, being taken back to the sheds to meet the boys post-game.

He did, however, have reservations about meeting the players following their 8-0 loss.

“I am a little bummed because the Roosters lost,” he said. “At the end they said ’come down and meet the team’.

“I have been in a situation before when I had to go meet a losing team and you walk in and you know you shouldn’t be there, but these guys were great.”

The Spartacus actor posed for pictures with captain Anthony Minichiello and prop Jared Waerea-Hargreaves.

Gerard Butler talks to a fan at the opening of Casablanca Bar in Double Bay.

Gerard Butler at Handa Opera on Sydney Harbour. Source: News Corp Australia
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1