The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gerard Butler wears the hoops in new movie

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Gerard Butler wears the hoops in new movie Empty
PostSubject: Gerard Butler wears the hoops in new movie   Gerard Butler wears the hoops in new movie Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 12:32 am

http://videocelts.com/2012/11/blogs/gerard-butler-wears-the-hoops-in-new-movie

Posted on Saturday, 10th November 2012 by Joe McHugh

Celtic fan Gerard Butler gets to mix business with pleasure in his latest movie ‘Playing for Kicks’ where he stars alongside Catherine Zeta-Jones.

The trailer for the romantic comedy uses some clever tricks to portray the Paisley born actor scoring at the old Celtic Park in a vintage CR Smith strip.

In the film Butler plays the role of a former football/soccer star, George Dryer, moving into coaching kids and attracting the attention of a range of soccer moms to complicate the coaches already complex private life.

The prospect of a television career also crops up but as ever there are complications for ‘George’ who starred at Celtic Park last season alongside Henrik Larsson in a charity match for Oxfam’s East African famine appeal.

Looking back on that experience he admitted: “It was probably the highlight of my career.

“Back home at Christmas, talking about it with my mum, even she said that. She’s been to Hollywood premieres with me and she said it doesn’t get better than that moment, ‘just to see you walk on at Parkhead.’

“My stepfather is a Rangers fan so it’s been an infinite source of entertainment for him to have to deal with that.”

Despite the match being shown live on television over £300,000 was raised from a sell out crowd of 60,000 to the delight of Judith Robertson, Head of Oxfam Scotland.

She said: “I want to thank everyone who played in, organised, or simply came along to watch the match. It was a fantastic night’s entertainment, and a reminder of the real difference football can make in the world.

“People have been really generous, and I’m delighted to say we’ve raised £300,000 so far. That money will make a real difference to families living in East Africa, providing the kind of things that it is difficult sometimes to imagine ever living without water, food and shelter.”

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1