The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers?

Go down 
+8
LegoJulie
sami_stardust
Geranimal
Leo
Nay
greyeyegoddess
Oggy
DonnaKat
12 posters
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers? Empty
PostSubject: Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers?   Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 1:24 am

If you were to have an in depth interview/conversation with Gerry and you asked him which type of fan he prefers - the 'gusher' aka 'he is so dreamy he's so perfect he does nothing wrong' etc. - or the realist aka 'Gerry might be hawt and all that but he just made an arse of himself when he did thus and so' etc....

What do you think his answer would be, and why?

Discuss (this should be an interesting conversation).
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Oggy
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor
Oggy

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers?   Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 1:37 am

I think that he would prefer the ones that are honest and say that he just made an arse out of himself.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers?   Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 1:57 am

don't know...

Ones that like him? Those that appreciate his work.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers?   Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 3:02 am

Intriguing question and very topical.

I imagine any 'celebrity' (such a nefarious term) would hope to be admired for their body of work and respected for their contribution to the Arts. Like all professions, some enter the industry with questionable goals (dollars, free holidays, power to gain etc) but it shouldn't take away from an initial assumption that the person has good intentions and therefore, worthy dreams.

That said, I would not and could not respect a person who became a 'celebrity' in the current usage of the word. By that term, I mean someone who is seen too often, has no private limits, continually sells their soul (and their families) for money and recognition, open their mouths to spew garbage and have no discernable altruistic goals.

I can only and genuinely admire another type of 'celebrity' who lives in that often fake world and yet maintains an unwavering sense of personal integrity and honesty.

Fans for current 'celebrities' certainly seem to extend from the 'rose-coloured, gushy' variety on one end of the spectrum to the 'criminally-insane' on the other.

So, I'm hoping that GB would want to be the second type of celebrity which will allow me to admire AND respect him at the same time and therefore fall as a fan somewhere in the middle.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

Number of posts : 1699

PostSubject: Re: Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers?   Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 9:45 am

greyeyegoddess wrote:
don't know...

Ones that like him? Those that appreciate his work.

I would agree. All actors want to be liked....if not loved. And asking him insightful questions ABOUT his work might score you brownie points. I notice if an interviewer's questions get too personal, he gives them a rather hooded stare and bites his lip. LOL.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers?   Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 2:39 pm

that's interesting, Leo.
Back to top Go down
Geranimal

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers?   Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers? Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 7:23 pm

As far as what HE would like in a fan, probably the ones that gush and are in complete denial of him in reality, otherwise, he wouldn't try to hide it so much. Although he could also appreciate the fan who sees him for who he is and still likes him but to be honest, I don't think he likes himself too much sometimes.

I think he'd best appreciate the fan who sees his flaws, knows his strengths, loves him anyway and is loyal unconditionally but then up to a point they want to knock him upside the head rather then just go away. It's kind of a relationship just like any other in a way.

We've all seen his down side and what he's capable of showing, whether it's on purpose or not and if it walks like a duck, you know the rest.

He may just be arrogant enough to believe, however, that his fans will love him no matter what and a few will but many will go away in disappointment that he is not living up to their expectations of him.

My only beef with him would be that the more he behaves badly, in whatever form that is, it also makes a mockery of his fans who believe in him and support him. The only thing bad, really, that I can see about Gerard Butler is that he seems to have an unsatiatable appetite for women to the point that he seems to always have that longing in his eyes, that look of searching each face, whether he's out somewhere in his off time, at a premiere or working. I think he's got a killer look about him too that will make most females, old or young or whatever, think he's interested in them. It's like a look that says, "come here baby, you're the one". You know that look!

It seems that on the fansites for him, the number of guests visitors has dwindled as of late. Perhaps it's just a lull or maybe because the last movie he made he was only a voice over and the one before that didn't seem to be a hit, all though I liked it. But he still has more fan sites than most other actors anyway.

I've grown to love the big lug but I don't always like him and he makes me angry sometimes and I think it's because I want him to be a big star and I know he's capable of it and I think he's got so much inside of him that he sometimes doesn't know how to deal with. But sometimes it seems like he doesn't care as much, like he's lost that passion for his craft for some reason.

He seems like a hot commodity in Hollywood right now and he's still operating on that forward momentum from his successes as well as his sex appeal but unfortunately, I don't believe he can just behave any way he wants to and maintain a level of success.

My fear is that after all the hipe and energy I've put in to being his fan, he gets a rep of being a, shall we say, "douche" eventually, then not only I, but a lot of faithful fans will feel like fools.

I wish I could sit down with him, face to face, and have a fireside chat with him sometime, then we'd argue and yell and then have great make up sex. Smile

Ger
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers?   Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers? Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 11:16 pm

Will write an interestin- story later, w-en computer laptop is fixed tomorrow, but it completely s-ows a different side of ...

Letters on keyboard between F & J dont work. Nor does backspace or apostrop-e key. Drivin- me bonkers. Just today, too.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers?   Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers? Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 11:39 pm

true story: my keyboard got wonky once. i got frustrated and hit it really hard.....and it started working!
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers?   Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers? Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 1:04 am

Maybe turning it over and shaking out whatever may be stuck in there could help. The keys should also pry off and push back on.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers?   Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers? Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:42 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. I actually took the keys off, did everything I could to clean, fix, etc, and they still didn't work. I never knew how much I used the "H" key. It was very trying to come up with other ways to say "anything" or "whatever" or even "something" without using "H".

But back to the thread...

I was told that when Gerry was hanging all over L.A. fans would see him, but wouldn't come up to him. This was probably after 300 or so.

Ok, this was a group of fans. He saw them, they saw him and they didn't race after him. He knew they knew who he was and he tried to get them to notice that he noticed, without seeming so full of himself.

It's an interesting story, which should be told at Shin's by the people who went-L.A. local fans.

I've never been one to say, if Gman is around, leave him alone. I used to say that if he was filming anywhere within a 100 mile radius, I'd be there to watch. And I encourage people to watch him work, although those thoughts of mine are kind of old now, and I probably wouldn't do it for Gman anymore.
Back to top Go down
Geranimal

PostSubject: Re: Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers?   Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers? Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:52 pm

I would love to see Gerry in action working! I might travel a ways to see that. I've heard premieres can be pretty brutal, a lot of yelling and pushing. That is not my thing.

But when it comes to running in to him, I'd love to be out walking say through Central Park on an autumn day and see him just sitting on the Balcony Bridge overlooking The Lake. I'd only stop if he made eye contact. Of course, I'd be carrying a copy of my book of poetry and I'd want to give it to him. I mean the "book", my horney lasses! Get your minds out of gutterville!

Ger
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers?   Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers? Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:22 pm

There's obviously decorum, but you don't get what you want by standing by.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers?   Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers? Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 2:57 am

What sort of fan?

Hopefully, a sane one.
Back to top Go down
Geranimal

PostSubject: Re: Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers?   Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers? Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 1:12 pm

How about the kind that buys a ticket and sees his movies? I bet he likes those the best!

Ger
Back to top Go down
andrea

Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers?   Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers? Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 4:45 am

Geranimal wrote:
How about the kind that buys a ticket and sees his movies? I bet he likes those the best!

Ger

and the ones which buy his DVD`s like me....well I am probbably that type of fan...will never meet and greet..but enjoys his movies lol.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers?   Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers? Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 9:11 am

You never know, Andrea. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Geranimal

PostSubject: Re: Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers?   Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers? Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 12:16 pm

I'd like to meet Gerry one day, after I arrange it to run in to him by accident! I want to pretend I don't know who he is or confuse him with someone else. "Hey, I know you! You're that guy, whatshisname, on Dancing With The Stars! Say something in Ukrainian!"

Ger
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers?   Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 12:08 am

Geranimal wrote:
Although he could also appreciate the fan who sees him for who he is and still likes him but to be honest, I don't think he likes himself too much sometimes.

I agree. For all his bravado, I think deep down he's an insecure person who desperately wants to be accepted and to matter. But I don't fault him for that because I can definitely relate.

Geranimal wrote:
I've grown to love the big lug but I don't always like him and he makes me angry sometimes

I think that sums up the attitude of a lot of us here. That's why we're "sanely insane." Wink

Geranimal wrote:
My fear is that after all the hipe and energy I've put in to being his fan, he gets a rep of being a, shall we say, "douche" eventually, then not only I, but a lot of faithful fans will feel like fools.

Yeah, I think this is part of why some people (myself definitely included) feel kinda sad and jaded whenever he does something douche-y and reveals just how all too human he really is. You feel let down. You start to question your judgement when it comes to people's characters. "If I could be so wrong about Gerry, who else could I be wrong about?"

But hey, for all his flaws (and we all have our own ourselves), I'd like to believe he's mostly a decent guy. Hey, I'm still here, aren't I? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ktaylor48239
Boringly Sane
ktaylor48239

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2010-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers?   Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 4:06 pm

The kind of fan that is Brunette with dark eyes, long legs and a smokin' body!
Back to top Go down
luvthatgerryjuice
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers?   Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 4:01 pm

Apparently he likes a fan(female) who will give him a dirty message or two according to the "talk dirty to me" interview a few years ago. Not that I would DARE! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers?   Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which type of 'fan' do you think Gerry prefers?
Page 1 of 1