The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Adrien Brody to play 'Motor City' villain

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Adrien Brody to play 'Motor City' villain Empty
PostSubject: Adrien Brody to play 'Motor City' villain   Adrien Brody to play 'Motor City' villain Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 12:34 am

Didn't Adrien Brody supposedly date Madalina before Gerry started dating her? Like as late as this April? Makes you wonder if Adrien was a cover and she has been dating Gerry longer than anyone thinks. If not, I think it's weird to date your good buddies ex girlfriend. And it's weird to date someone 19 years younger than you too, but that's a different topic......

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118058276

Thesp to star opposite Gerard Butler in Dark Castle thriller

Adrien Brody is in negotiations to play the villain in Dark Castle's "Motor City" starring Gerard Butler.
Brody is replacing Gary Oldman who was originally on board to play the villain in the thriller, to be helmed by Albert Hughes.

The film follows a felon who, after being released from prison, begins tracking down the men who framed him. Chad St. John penned the script.

Joel Silver is producing through his Dark Castle shingle along with Andrew Rona, Ethan Erwin, Randall Emmett and George Furla. Dark Castle's Steve Richards is exec producing.

Brody was most recently seen in Sony Classics' "Midnight in Paris."

Production starts Sept. 17 in Atlanta. Warner Bros. will release the film in April.

Dark Castle also has "Bullet to the Head" coming out in February through Warner Bros.

Brody is repped by Paradigm.

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Adrien Brody to play 'Motor City' villain   Adrien Brody to play 'Motor City' villain Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 12:35 am

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Adrien-Brody-Go-Up-Against-Gerard-Butler-Motor-City-32644.html

Adrien Brody To Go Up Against Gerard Butler In Motor City

Adrien Brody found himself playing the villain when he portrayed the insane drug dealer Psycho Ed earlier this year in the pot comedy HIGH School, and now he's getting set to play another part on the antagonist side. The Oscar-winning actor is now in talks to play the central villain in Motor City, the new film from director Albert Hughes. The role was originally going to be played by Gary Oldman, however, he recently dropped out of the production.

Variety, who reported the Brody casting, says that production is gearing up to start in the middle of next month with Gerard Butler set to star. The story follows a man who gets sent to prison for a crime he didn't commit and, upon his release, goes on the hunt for the people who framed him. Chad St. John wrote the script for the movie.

It was recently said that Mickey Rourke is in talks to join the project as well, however, the new report doesn't mention his name. It's unclear if this means that Rourke is not involved with the production or if the trade doesn't have the latest information. Famed producer Joel Silver and his Dark Castle banner are producing the movie along with Andrew Rona, Ethan Erwin, Randall Emmett and George Furla.

Brody recently completed work on two projects, namely the Xiaogang Feng drama 1942 (which co-stars Tim Robbins) and Vince Offer's InAPPropriate Comedy (which also has Rob Schneider, Michelle Rodriguez, and Lindsay Lohan). Motor City will be released by Warner Bros. next April.

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Adrien Brody to play 'Motor City' villain   Adrien Brody to play 'Motor City' villain Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 12:38 am

I like Adrien Brody, but I find him an odd replacement for Gary Oldman. Maybe it's because I see the villian figure being older than Gerry and not the other way around? Of course, I am basing this on a blurb about the plot -- so basically nothing. Adrien might be perfect.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Adrien Brody to play 'Motor City' villain   Adrien Brody to play 'Motor City' villain Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 2:26 am

Honestly, that is no 'real' substitution in terms of authentic bad guy appeal.

Oldman out - Brody in. I might be out too.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Adrien Brody to play 'Motor City' villain   Adrien Brody to play 'Motor City' villain Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 6:37 pm

Madalina is that young? Why am I not surprised.

I like Gary Oldman.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Adrien Brody to play 'Motor City' villain   Adrien Brody to play 'Motor City' villain Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 7:03 pm

Dallas wrote:
And it's weird to date someone 19 years younger than you too, but that's a different topic......

A WHOLE different topic. I can't imagine I'd have anything to talk about with someone significantly younger; older yes, but not the other way around.

Maybe I'm just 'age-phobic'. Laughing Oooh, have I invented a new word??
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Adrien Brody to play 'Motor City' villain   Adrien Brody to play 'Motor City' villain Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 11:04 pm

The word is ageist (agist), as in someone with ageism (agism).

I can talk to people 19 years younger than me. Keeping from calling them "stupid kids" is the hard part.
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Adrien Brody to play 'Motor City' villain   Adrien Brody to play 'Motor City' villain Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 5:08 pm

Nay wrote:
Dallas wrote:
And it's weird to date someone 19 years younger than you too, but that's a different topic......

A WHOLE different topic. I can't imagine I'd have anything to talk about with someone significantly younger; older yes, but not the other way around.

I'm going to wager a guess that long, soul-searching talks are not the appeal or foundation of this relationship...
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Adrien Brody to play 'Motor City' villain   Adrien Brody to play 'Motor City' villain Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 1:38 am

Yeah, long something else.
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Adrien Brody to play 'Motor City' villain   Adrien Brody to play 'Motor City' villain Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 6:08 pm

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adrien Brody to play 'Motor City' villain   Adrien Brody to play 'Motor City' villain Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1