The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"After Rehab" Lunch 25 February

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

"After Rehab" Lunch 25 February Empty
PostSubject: "After Rehab" Lunch 25 February   "After Rehab" Lunch 25 February Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 1:30 am

Gerard Butler grabs some lunch by himself at Coogies restaurant on Saturday (February 25) in Malibu, Calif.

The 42-year-old actor returned home the day before after successfully completing a treatment program in rehab to address issues with prescription drugs.

Gerard had a copy of the book Another Man’s War: The True Story of One Man’s Battle to Save Children in the Sudan on his table. His recent film Machine Gun Preacher was inspired by the book’s author Sam Childers.

http://www.justjared.com/2012/02/25/gerard-butler-solo-lunch-following-rehab/
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: "After Rehab" Lunch 25 February   "After Rehab" Lunch 25 February Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 10:17 am

I have that book too. I wonder if Gerry's is autographed by Sam like mine is. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: "After Rehab" Lunch 25 February   "After Rehab" Lunch 25 February Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 2:15 pm

I'd love to read it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: "After Rehab" Lunch 25 February   "After Rehab" Lunch 25 February Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 6:12 pm

Fighting fit: Gerard Butler looks a picture of health jogging after three weeks in rehab

By Sarah Bull and J J Anisiobi

6:50 PM on 26th February 2012

Gerard Butler looked a picture of health as he jogged along Sunset Boulevard yesterday afternoon. The 42-year-old actor seemed to be fully recovered from his substance abuse issue as he got back in to his physical training regime accompanied by his personal trainer.

The Scotsman waved to fans who screamed his name and smiled as he exercised in Los Angeles, California. Gerard, who left rehab after being treated at the Betty Ford Center, was in good form and appeared to be fighting fit.

The 300 actor was dressed in a pair of black Asics jogging bottoms and a tight fitting grey T-shirt.

According to TMZ.com, the actor apparently sought help for his problems at the Betty Ford Center. His spokesperson told the Mail: 'Gerard has completed a successful course of treatment and has returned home in good health.'

The website claim that Butler's issues began when he started suffering from severe pain following the filming of action movie 300 back in 2006. It is thought that a surfing accident in December then added to the issues.

However friends of the star may be concerned he is already attending Hollywood parties in the build up to the Oscars.
He posed last night at the Weinstein Company's pre-show bash at the exclusive Soho House club in West Hollywood.

TMZ.com are reporting that Butler made the decision to enter the Betty Ford clinic three weeks ago when he decided he had become too reliant on pain medication. The website also reported that Butler is expected to be leaving the clinic today.

Butler spoke previously about how difficult he found it to adjust when filming wrapped on the physically-gruelling action film 300.
He said: 'When when you finish filming your whole routine changes and suddenly you don't have to do what you did anymore. It's kind of weird. You feel a little lost. You don't have to hold yourself the same way physically.

'I noticed in watching the video journals that even when I wasn't performing, I was still walking around as the king and talking like him. I don't do that anymore! I can slouch again!

'There was definitely a period of adjustment and physical pain because I stopped training. That was the worst thing I could have done.'

It had also been reported last year that there were plans to make a sequel to the film, with claims in December that Joel Egerton was in line to replace Butler in the role of King of Sparta. Then, late last year, Butler was involved in the surfing accident which is believed to have exacerbated the pain he was feeling even further.

Butler had been shooting Of Men And Mavericks in California, a movie based on the life of US surfer Jay Moriarity, playing Rick 'Frosty' Hesson, Moriarity's mentor.

He was getting ready to film action scenes when he was thrown off his surfboard and pummelled by breakers at least 12 feet high, then held underwater for two consecutive waves before being hit on the head by four or five more when he managed to swim to the surface.

Speaking about the accident in January, Butler said: 'It was a pretty close call. 'The waves just took me in, and I couldn’t get up. It was pretty hairy. It was maybe of of the few times that reports were not exaggerated.'

Butler, who is a teetotal, also spoke previously about how he became addiction to alcohol. He said: 'I used to drink until I couldn't remember anything. I was just mad for it and on a death wish. It was madness.

'One or two drinks was never enough for me. I was a foot-on-the-floor-all-the-way drinker, so it had to go. I don't miss it.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2106705/Gerard-Butler-looks-picture-health-jogs-weeks-rehab.html#ixzz1nWpFIM1x
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: "After Rehab" Lunch 25 February   "After Rehab" Lunch 25 February Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 6:15 pm

It was just one day after leaving rehab, but Gerard Butler is already back to business.

As we reported, the actor just completed a three-week program at the Betty Ford Center for prescription drug addiction.

He was spotted Saturday afternoon, looking fresh and happy, having lunch by himself in Malibu.

He kept himself busy by attending the Weinstein pre-Oscar bash at the SoHo House in West Hollywood Saturday night, where he showed up solo (seen above).

We're not sure if partying is the BEST idea, especially less than 48 hours after completing rehab, but we're gonna give him the benefit of the doubt here.

Stay healthy, Gerard, and keep up the good work!

http://perezhilton.com/2012-02-26-gerard-butler-spotted-at-weinsten-oscar-party
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: "After Rehab" Lunch 25 February   "After Rehab" Lunch 25 February Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 6:21 pm

Pardon me for thinking this way ...

WTF is with jogging after rehab stint for addiction to painkillers prescribed for a back injury??? Who does that?

Don't get me started on the night out at Weinstein's party? Mad

This story is getting fishy and I'm starting to think cynically.

Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: "After Rehab" Lunch 25 February   "After Rehab" Lunch 25 February Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 9:14 pm

Love you, Nay.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: "After Rehab" Lunch 25 February   "After Rehab" Lunch 25 February Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 11:50 pm

Right back at you, Sami. Laughing
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: "After Rehab" Lunch 25 February   "After Rehab" Lunch 25 February Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 12:15 am

Based on the tweets which had him spotted at Indianapolis and Malibu, I'm not so sure he was even in rehab for 3 weeks.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: "After Rehab" Lunch 25 February   "After Rehab" Lunch 25 February Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 12:49 am

Could it all be publicity? Surely not! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: "After Rehab" Lunch 25 February   "After Rehab" Lunch 25 February Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 1:29 am

Surely it couldn't be PR? But for what purpose?

In all seriousness, they wouldn't be that manipulative and/or deceitful, would they?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: "After Rehab" Lunch 25 February   "After Rehab" Lunch 25 February Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 1:32 am

More photos of the Weenystein party...

http://www.gettyimages.com.au/detail/news-photo/actor-gerard-butler-attends-the-weinstein-company-news-photo/139937636

http://www.gettyimages.com.au/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&language=en-US&family=editorial&assetType=image&mt=photography&p=gerard+butler#
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: "After Rehab" Lunch 25 February   "After Rehab" Lunch 25 February Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 11:27 am

I can't imagine it either ,Nay, but I think the job of most PR people is to be manipulative and deceitful....as long as it works. Don't think this is the case here, but I could be wrong. What do I know?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: "After Rehab" Lunch 25 February   "After Rehab" Lunch 25 February Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 5:36 pm

Make of this what you will. I find that Blind Items can be frightfully close to the truth and almost out of left field ... You will see by the answers that few believe it is anyone but Gerard Butler.

Today's Blind Items

When this reality housewife was sharing the details about her sex week with this A list movie star. What she forgot to mention was that the reason was it lasted an entire week or weekend was because it took almost that long for the actor to get ready to perform. Our Housewife was very imaginative in thinking of new ways to make him performance ready but the drugs really made that difficult.

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2012/02/todays-blind-items_28.html
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: "After Rehab" Lunch 25 February   "After Rehab" Lunch 25 February Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 11:13 pm

Twitter + Social Media + Blind Items = nightmares for the celebrities in question

That being said = GOOD LORD

......that being said....

Why would said woman say he was a 10 if he wasn't performing. Doesn't say much for her judgment....

Which leads me to believe that 99.9% of women in Hollywood are brain dead. Wink

Geez Louise, forget about the money and/or fame for a second or two. Get yourself a midwestern cowboy and forget a horse and ride a cowboy.

On second thought, forget it....stay in Hollywood and leave the cowboys to the real cowgirls. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: "After Rehab" Lunch 25 February   "After Rehab" Lunch 25 February Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 1:56 am

DonnaKat wrote:
Why would said woman say he was a 10 if he wasn't performing. Doesn't say much for her judgment....
Nononononononononoooo ... she said he was an 11/10! That extra point means going above and beyond ALL expectations.

"After Rehab" Lunch 25 February 646968
Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: "After Rehab" Lunch 25 February   "After Rehab" Lunch 25 February Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 5:33 am

I took her answer as trying to be polite and make up for the fact that she spilled thebeans on their hookup, i.e. she wanted to make him look like a good lover publically out of some sort of respect and apology for her faux pas.
I'm not suggesting that she lied, but the way she said it it came across to me as her being polite and wanting to possibly diffuse any more questions or speculations. I do think she felt bad about blurting it out. she tweeted about how she should have kept her mouth shut but it was "Plead the Fifth" and she had already used her one chance to not answer a question.
Also she supposedly told her friends he had a skinny penis, which he found out about and then wouldn't take her calls. So maybe she was trying to make up for publically embarrassing him among those people by then confirming his "manly, sexual" image on tv (?)

Or she could have been so coked out too that she really did tink it was good - when he finally got it up. In any event, I think she was just trying to be polite with her answer.

Whatever the specualtion and whatever the truth actually is, I think it is a prime example of why casual sex with people you don't know well is never a good idea. JMO.

Who knows, maybe Gerry was worried about the pills and cocaine coming out, like his bedcapades and thought it was time to do something about the monkey on his back - hence the Betty Ford Treatment very soon afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "After Rehab" Lunch 25 February   "After Rehab" Lunch 25 February Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"After Rehab" Lunch 25 February
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Gerard Butler Stuff :: Gerry News :: Gerry Sightings/Latest News-
Jump to: