The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shooting begins in Jay Moriarity film; paddle-out moved to Friday

Go down 
+2
greyeyegoddess
Dallas
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Shooting begins in Jay Moriarity film; paddle-out moved to Friday Empty
PostSubject: Shooting begins in Jay Moriarity film; paddle-out moved to Friday   Shooting begins in Jay Moriarity film; paddle-out moved to Friday Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 9:50 pm

Pic at link:

http://www.mercurynews.com/entertainment/ci_19090993

By Wallace Baine

SANTA CRUZ -- The new film about the late Santa Cruz surfer Jay Moriarity has a new name, a few new co-stars and a new plan for shooting the famous paddle-out scene.

The scene to re-enact the paddle-out that took place shortly after Moriarity's 2001 death will now take place Friday. Originally, the film's producers had hoped to shoot the scene Thursday and Friday, but surf conditions and other schedule changes have revised the original plan. Extras are being asked to show up at 6:30 a.m. Friday in Pleasure Point.

Walden Media's coordinator for extras Joel Domhoff stressed that though the paddle-out is scheduled for Friday, the plan is still fluid and subject to change.

"I wish I could say that it's 100 percent," he said, "but it may change again."

The film, directed by Curtis Hansen and starring Gerard Butler, also has a new name. After being called "Mavericks" and, briefly, "Iron Cross," the film's working title is "Of Men and Mavericks."

Jonny Weston, an accomplished surfer, has been cast to play Jay Moriarity. Weston is shooting "Cherry," starring with James Franco and Dev Patel.

Walden Media also announced that, among the new cast members of the film, are Elisabeth Shue -- nominated for an Oscar for her starring role in "Leaving Las Vegas" -- Abigail Spencer ("Mad Men") and Taylor Handley ("The O.C.").

The primary scenes in which the public will interact with the film crew include Friday's paddle-out shoot, and a planned scene at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, scheduled for Oct. 24 or 25.

The crew spent its first day in Santa Cruz on Monday shooting surfing scenes at Steamer Lane and West Cliff Drive. Tuesday, the shoot was moved to Pleasure Point, where Moriarity grew up and lived with his young wife Kimberly before his death in June 2001 in a diving accident a day before his 23rd birthday.

The film's producer and screenwriter Brandon Hooper said that he has met several locals who have come down to the film's set to talk about Moriarity.

"It's amazing how present Jay is in everyone's mind," said Hooper. "I mean, I don't think I've had a conversation with someone about him without them getting emotional about what kind of guy he was."

"Of Men and Mavericks" tells the story of Moriarity and his longtime friend and mentor Frosty Hesson who will be played by Butler, the popular star of "300."

Hooper said that Hesson and Kim Moriarity have been on the set every day. After shooting in Santa Cruz, the production crew will move on to Half Moon Bay to shoot the footage at Mavericks.

Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Shooting begins in Jay Moriarity film; paddle-out moved to Friday   Shooting begins in Jay Moriarity film; paddle-out moved to Friday Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 3:21 am

cool, they are coming to Half Moon Bay. Much closer!
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Shooting begins in Jay Moriarity film; paddle-out moved to Friday   Shooting begins in Jay Moriarity film; paddle-out moved to Friday Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 6:34 am

Hopefully Gerry won't perform a full moon....with donuts.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Shooting begins in Jay Moriarity film; paddle-out moved to Friday   Shooting begins in Jay Moriarity film; paddle-out moved to Friday Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 8:36 am

I have forgotten about the donuts. Gross!
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Shooting begins in Jay Moriarity film; paddle-out moved to Friday   Shooting begins in Jay Moriarity film; paddle-out moved to Friday Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 10:42 am

I guess my sense of humor doesn't run like that. I never *did* get why he and his friends thought that was so funny.
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Shooting begins in Jay Moriarity film; paddle-out moved to Friday   Shooting begins in Jay Moriarity film; paddle-out moved to Friday Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 10:44 am

OOPS!! Didn't mean to overpost. Am having a horrible time with the forum today. Is anyone else?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Shooting begins in Jay Moriarity film; paddle-out moved to Friday   Shooting begins in Jay Moriarity film; paddle-out moved to Friday Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 4:27 pm

I deleted it for you, Sami. No trouble for me logging on today.

Mebbe Julie broked it!
Laughing
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Shooting begins in Jay Moriarity film; paddle-out moved to Friday   Shooting begins in Jay Moriarity film; paddle-out moved to Friday Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 4:57 pm

Thanks NayNay. It's been ok most of the day, but earlier this morning it was acting WONKY.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Shooting begins in Jay Moriarity film; paddle-out moved to Friday   Shooting begins in Jay Moriarity film; paddle-out moved to Friday Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 9:04 pm

Nay is sabotaging all of your posts.

Oops, was I supposed to share that? paranoid
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: Shooting begins in Jay Moriarity film; paddle-out moved to Friday   Shooting begins in Jay Moriarity film; paddle-out moved to Friday Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 9:32 pm

sami_stardust wrote:
I guess my sense of humor doesn't run like that. I never *did* get why he and his friends thought that was so funny.

Ditto. But then Gman does laugh a lot at his own jokes.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Shooting begins in Jay Moriarity film; paddle-out moved to Friday   Shooting begins in Jay Moriarity film; paddle-out moved to Friday Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 10:17 pm

DK! Betch, be quiet.

WONKY has five letters, Sami. Much as JULIE has five letters.

Just saying, is all. geek
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Shooting begins in Jay Moriarity film; paddle-out moved to Friday   Shooting begins in Jay Moriarity film; paddle-out moved to Friday Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 12:56 am

Hey! What I do?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shooting begins in Jay Moriarity film; paddle-out moved to Friday   Shooting begins in Jay Moriarity film; paddle-out moved to Friday Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1