The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Cinema Society & Dior Beauty with DeLeon host a screening of "The Whistleblower"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

The Cinema Society & Dior Beauty with DeLeon host a screening of "The Whistleblower"  Empty
PostSubject: The Cinema Society & Dior Beauty with DeLeon host a screening of "The Whistleblower"    The Cinema Society & Dior Beauty with DeLeon host a screening of "The Whistleblower"  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 4:34 am

The Cinema Society & Dior Beauty with DeLeon host a screening of "The Whistleblower"

Where: Tribeca Grand Hotel, Jimmy at the James Hotel

Who Was There: Rachel Weisz, Daniel Craig, Anna Wintour, Gerard Butler, Dylan Walsh (Nip/Tuck), Matthew Settle, Pablo Schreiber, Stephen Baldwin, Scott Adsit, Albert Hammond Jr, Nicole Miller, Patricia Field, Hamish Bowles, Olivier Theyskens, Sante D’Orazio, Carlos Leon, Lorenzo Martone, Fern Mallis, Genevieve Jones, Andrew Saffir

Other Details: When Anna Wintour comes out to your film, you know you have a hit, at least the critical kind, on your hands. Rachel Weisz hosted a screening of her new movie The Whistleblower last night, along with the director and real life woman behind the true tale of a cop who uncovers international corruption in Bosnia. After the film, guests head to the Jimmy at the James hotel where Daniel Craig joined his new wife for some celebratory cocktails and checked out the view. [Via]

Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

The Cinema Society & Dior Beauty with DeLeon host a screening of "The Whistleblower"  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Cinema Society & Dior Beauty with DeLeon host a screening of "The Whistleblower"    The Cinema Society & Dior Beauty with DeLeon host a screening of "The Whistleblower"  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 7:05 pm

http://www.fashionweekdaily.com/scene/article/rooftop-whistlin-at-the-jimmy

Rooftop Whistlin' at The Jimmy

(NEW YORK) A pack of Tribeca-hopping scenesters (and serious A-listers) swarmed the Tribeca Grand Hotel last night for the screening of Rachel Weisz's new thriller The Whistleblower, hosted by The Cinema Society and Dior Beauty with DeLeon Tequila. Anna Wintour, Nicole Miller, Patricia Field, Hamish Bowles, Johan Lindeberg, Genevieve Jones, Olivier Theyskens, and Fern Mallis repped the style set, toasting with Tinsletown's hautest including Gerard Butler, Brian Geraghty, Anna Anissimova, and Weisz's new hubby, Daniel Craig.

Apres the late-night screening, partygoers (excluding Anna and Hamish, of course) made their way to the Jimmy at the James Hotel for a rooftop soiree with goat cheese fritters and shotglasses of gazpacho soup, served with generous flow of vino. Miller hovered close to the bar--sunnies still in place. "I always sound the whistle on gum chewing in the office. I bust people all the time!" she smiled while admiring her true blue mani. Who's this designer's favorite whistleblower of all time? "Deep Throat," she said without hesitation. Mallis wholeheartedly agreed while Stephen Baldwin opted for a classic. "Jesus!" he shouted with a ferocious fist pump. Butler, hanging close to the exit, had no comment.

"I'm not fond of the title 'whistleblower' at all. It conjures up images of tattletales or narks," confessed Kathy Bolkovac, the real-life inspiration for the flick. Weisz, lounging poolside in Valentino with a media-shy Craig, didn't mind throwing around the touchy term. "Kids are the biggest whistleblowers. I was just at Jeff Koons' London exhibit. There are signs everwhere that say 'Do not touch,' but the sculptures were so shiny and beautiful I had to touch them. My son screamed out, 'She touched it!' A security guard ran in and I denied it of course, but my son gave me away."

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1