The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Playing The Field

Go down 
+5
DonnaKat
Nay
pamelajane
LegoJulie
Dallas
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Playing The Field Empty
PostSubject: Playing The Field   Playing The Field Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:17 am

http://www.arcamax.com/entertainmenttoday/s-827402-360076?source=1930

GOAL, Y'ALL: Give Gerard Butler credit for mixing things up. The handsome Scotsman, who was recently in Belgrade, Serbia filming "Coriolanus," will be in Shreveport, La., come mid-March, to shoot Millennium Films' lighthearted "Playing the Field." He'll be playing a former soccer star who has made a mess of his career and family life, with an ex-wife who is about to marry someone else and a son who is trying to look up to him. He takes on the task of coaching said son's team and finds himself fending off soccer moms. Casting of subsidiary roles is now under way.

Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Playing The Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 9:55 am

Shreveport isn't too long a long drive from here...
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Playing The Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 9:56 am

Well, we all know how that movie will end. indifferent
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

Playing The Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 3:48 pm

Yep, PJ.

Boy gets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets full emotional makeover and finds his soul .... and gets girl back.

Julie, I dare you.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Playing The Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 7:58 pm

I double dog dare you, Julie! Butler won't know what hit him. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Dallas

Playing The Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 12:34 am

Here's a test screen of a little boy trying out to play Gerry's son. I guess the son's name will be "Lewis" and the new man that his ex is getting ready to marry will be named "Gerry"? I hope they change that. Somehow I think that might be odd for Gerry fans. But that is the least of the problems with this flick, IMO. The dialogue and snippets of facts from this test screen just makes me sigh......

Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Playing The Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 1:25 am

Such lovely language. Such wonderful illegalities. I don't mind those things in a grown up movie, but not in a kid's movie.

After that clip, I don't want anything to do with this film. *puts away map to Shreveport*
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Playing The Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 6:00 pm

What the heck? It looks worse than I thought! And I thought it was a bad idea to begin with. No
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

Playing The Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 7:56 pm

I don't think it's supposed to be a kid's movie.

I noticed last night on Twitter that two Gerry fansites have already contacted this kid directly on Twitter about his audition tape, and I believe one was even telling him that they posted the vid on their site before the other one. Rolling Eyes If this kid lands the role, how much you wanna bet he'll be invited to the next GALS convention?
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Playing The Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 12:26 am

I hope his parents chaperone him every second.

Not a kid's movie? It's another romcom? GB must really love doing romcoms.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Playing The Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 5:43 am

I finally watched the clip.

With all due respect to that kid and his parents, that was not a gripping audition. The character was just plain annoying.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

Playing The Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 7:46 am

Maybe a girl should try for the part.

It worked for The Bad News Bears.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Playing The Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 9:03 pm

Another audition. From the use of "mate" and "bloke" by the woman reading Gerry's part, I think it's safe to say that Gerry will be using his own accent. And the reference to meeting the Queen seems to validate the tweet and rumors that he will be playing an ex-Celtic player.

Back to top Go down
Dallas

Playing The Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 9:19 pm

I wonder if Gerry using his accent in a mainstream rom/com (as opposed to a period piece) will be a catalyst for him gaining acceptance of the accent for other roles in the future. If he puts in a good performance and audiences like it, he may turn into Sean Connery and never change his accent in his movies (which I wouldn't mind because I think all his accents suck, make his mouth contort more than ususal, and affect his acting ).

BTW, didn't Gerry's real father show up in his life around the time his mother was about to marry his stepfather? Kind of ironic that he's going to be playing a dad who is trying to mend relationships when his ex is getting ready to remarry......
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Playing The Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 9:58 pm

Filming starts March 28th through May in Shreveport. According to the article linked, there is a lot going on in Shreveport and N.O. I bet we will get a lot of pap photos due to the number of actors there at the same time. I wonder if Gerry and Jamie Foxx will get together and party?????

Full article here:

http://www.nola.com/movies/index.ssf/2011/02/what_do_brad_pitt_bruce_willis.html

Quote :
Millennium Films feature film Playing the Field starring Gerard Butler will shoot March 28th to May 2011 in Shreveport. Please send resumes to ptfproduction@gmail.com

Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Playing The Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 5:49 am

Thanks, Dallas. Sorry I didn't respond to your previous post.

I remember the story GB has publicly told about his father's reappearance but I don't recall that it was connected to the time of his mother's remarriage. I believe he said his stepfather told him his father was waiting in the kitchen??

Back to top Go down
Dallas

Playing The Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 10:51 pm

No, he went to a restaurant (I think) to meet him. He said something about looking around wondering who was his dad and seeing his sister there all upset.
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Playing The Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 4:30 pm

NO, NO, NO! Why, Gerry, why? Enough with the superficial romcoms!! A while back, before he started doing them, I really wanted him to try romcoms, and I'm still glad he did, but The Ugly Truth should have been the last one for a while. The Bounty Hunter was a bad idea.

He's falling into cheesy, unoriginal romcom superficiality territory, and he's a better actor than that.

I had thought Playing the Field was supposed to be a drama about a baseball player. It looks like it's devolved into standard formulaic Hollywood drivel from both the premise of it, and the boy's audition tape. (Which, I must agree with Nay, was lacking in the performance department.)

Gerry, Coriolanus and Machine Gun Preacher seem like they play more to your talents. Do more stuff like that. I really think it's the only way you will get the respect of the people in your industry that you deserve. What are you thinking? Who's advising you?

P.S. If you absolutely must do this movie, I agree with Donna. A daughter soccer player might have been a better idea than a son one. At least that one thing would have made this tired premise a bit more original.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Playing The Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 5:24 am

With thanks to Sami!

Uhmmm, is Alan pointing to the correct one? Laughing

Playing The Field ArielsFacebookpage
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

Playing The Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 8:02 am

Maybe Alan likes Iceman better. Laughing

Where'd you find this Sami?
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

Playing The Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:26 am

a friend actually alerted me to it, but it was on ariel vroman's FB page, so i'm guessing he took it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Nay
Nay

Playing The Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 4:45 pm

Sami is sourcing saucy scoops!

Sensational! Laughing
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

Playing The Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 7:15 pm

Wink my insanity level has reached a new high. or...is that a new low?
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Playing The Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:08 pm

Nay wrote:
Sami is sourcing saucy scoops!

Sensational! Laughing

Oh Nay, I love it when you talk alliteratively. Laughing

And I don't think Alan's the only one with the Iceman preference. The guy to the right of Gerry (is that Ariel?) is pointing to it too. Haha!
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

Playing The Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:47 pm

You're right, he is! That's not Ariel. Not sure who he is.

Which raises my next question...

Why is there a playbill for "Playing the Field" when they haven't even started filming it yet? scratch Gerry made that on his computer at home, didn't he?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Playing The Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing The Field   Playing The Field Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Playing The Field
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next