The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Something I wanted to share

Go down 
+3
Nay
DonnaKat
Sharabella
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Something I wanted to share Empty
PostSubject: Something I wanted to share   Something I wanted to share Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 1:31 pm

My nephew just called from Nashville. His wife's heart was getting worse, so the doctors decided that they would have have to go with an artificial pump to extend her life until a match could be found for a transplant. As they were doing the final test in the hospital, a match became available---in that hospital. A perfect match. Three hours before surgery. The doctors say that the surgery went very smoothly and the new heart is already functioning at 70% after 48 hours. She's doing wonderfully well.

While I am so happy that I'm setting here crying while I type, my own heart goes out to the wonderful people that lost a loved one but still gave the gift of life to a wife and mother whose name they will probably never know.

So please, prayer for both my family and theirs. May God bless them.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Something I wanted to share   Something I wanted to share Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 2:29 pm

That is so touching, and truly a miracle.

Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Something I wanted to share   Something I wanted to share Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 5:54 pm

It's so good to read such a happy ending to what was no doubt a really traumatic time for a young family, Sharabella. The donor's family can feel justifably proud of such a generous act.
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Something I wanted to share   Something I wanted to share Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 6:11 pm

Here Here!

I will say prayers for your nephew's wife and the donor's family, as well, Sharabella
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Something I wanted to share   Something I wanted to share Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 10:18 pm

prayers going up for all, sharabella!
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Something I wanted to share   Something I wanted to share Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 11:39 am

Sending my prayers and well wishes for the happiest of endings for your nephew's family. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: Something I wanted to share   Something I wanted to share Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 10:17 am

Just an update to let you know that not only is she home with her family, they came to visit me this weekend. She has to wear a mask when she's out and about but otherwise she's looking great. Test have shown that the new heart is functioning perfectly and there has been no sign at all of infection or rejection. Everything is looking good for a long and healthy life.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Something I wanted to share   Something I wanted to share Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 12:00 pm

thanks sharabella!! good news!! still keeping her on my prayer list!
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Something I wanted to share   Something I wanted to share Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 4:17 pm

That is wonderful Christmas news, Sharabella. Bravo to your family for handling such stressful times.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: Something I wanted to share   Something I wanted to share Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 12:46 am

What a wonderful relief for you. I'm so happy!
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Something I wanted to share   Something I wanted to share Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 8:06 am

That's great news! Happy
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Something I wanted to share   Something I wanted to share Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 11:37 am

So happy for all, Sharabella.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something I wanted to share   Something I wanted to share Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Something I wanted to share
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Pantry Member Stuff :: Prayers and Thoughts, Birthdays and Anniversaries, Well Wishes and Dedications :: Prayer Requests and Special Thoughts-
Jump to: