The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread)

Go down 
+7
ktaylor48239
DonnaKat
Samantha
Nay
kayanne
greyeyegoddess
Dallas
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread)   MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 6:22 pm

Quote :
Machine Gun Preacher is shooting at a bar in Detroit tomorrow. 220 Oakwood is the address

http://www.beforethetrailer.com/2010/07/july-26-filming-locations-in-new-york-michigan-los-angeles-shreveport-and-other-locations-including-gossip-girl-and-my-idiot-brother/
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread)   MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 6:31 pm

Don't know if this is correct or the previous location - or both. They are just down the street from each other:

Quote :
•Machine Gun Preacher, starring Gerard Butler, is filming at the Bridge Cafe in Detroit.

http://www.onlocationvacations.com/2010/07/25/monday%e2%80%99s-lot-list-filming-locations-in-new-mexico-l-a-detroit-more-including-machine-gun-preacher-fright-night/

BTW this review of the place is awesome...
Quote :
this place is home to the lowest form of life and we all should be surprised the good people that around ( the few that still live there) haven't taken up arms against the scum that lerk around in plain sight and creep through the diesel and methane smog at night.‎

Nice!!!
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread)   MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 6:45 pm

Bridge Cafe? So it's near, under or on top of a bridge - my guess anyway.

If that is a local's review, then I hope GB brought his armed-with-holy-water-and-cross body guard!
Back to top Go down
ktaylor48239
Boringly Sane
ktaylor48239

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2010-07-09

PostSubject: Re: MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread)   MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 1:03 pm

I saw the same review. Now I like Gerard, but it ain't worth risking life and limb to catch a glimpse of him!
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread)   MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 7:58 pm

•Machine Gun Preacher, starring Gerard Butler, is filming at the Bridge Cafe in Detroit. 130 South Fort Street in Detroit, MI.

Quote :
I went by the MGP set this morning and they were definitely there but there were no fans there. I didn’t stick around because there was no where to park and it’s not a safe area to be walking around by yourself. There were a bunch of Detroit police as well I assume to keep people away. Did not see Gerard though, not sure if he was there yet or not, but there were a bunch of biker’s hanging around with the crew

As for how long Gerard will be here, I have an inside source that says yes they are trying to wrap up filming Wednesday, but they will still be in town for another two weeks wrapping other things up before moving on to South Africa.

Quote :
Yeah, the area where the cafe is located is definitely not safe. A couple months ago, an undercover cop was shot and killed at the gas station right near Bridge Cafe. Also, there’s probably a bunch of druggies and other scummy people standing near there.

http://www.onlocationvacations.com/2010/07/25/monday%E2%80%99s-lot-list-filming-locations-in-new-mexico-l-a-detroit-more-including-machine-gun-preacher-fright-night/

Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread)   MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:35 pm

Sounds like East St. Louis. I wouldn't send my worst enemy to East St. Louis.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread)   MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 4:25 am

So he needs more than holy water, right? Shocked
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread)   MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 7:03 am

Smith and Wesson.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
ktaylor48239
Boringly Sane
ktaylor48239

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2010-07-09

PostSubject: Re: MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread)   MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:34 am

No reports of a actor killed in action this morning, so I am assuming that all went well in the hood yesterday.
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread)   MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:56 am

DonnaKat wrote:
Smith and Wesson.

Smith and Wesson makes holy water too?! bounce
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread)   MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 5:02 pm

No, they make holy oils.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread)   MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 6:00 pm

he should be ok. the fangurls will keep him safe! they wouldn't DARE let anything happen to him!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread)   MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 11:22 pm

Quote :
Update: •Machine Gun Preacher is filming in Canton, MI.

Quote :
MGP is on Ridge St in Canton between Joy and Gyde. House is set way back and no access to anything. I’m leaving. Good Luck.

Quote :
I don’t know if they will be back in Canton or not. Didn’t appear that they were packing up base camp.
I did get a picture and an autograph from Butler at the base camp after shooting. They got done at about 7:30-7:45.
He was nice. Signed 1 autograph for everyone but only took two pictures (said he had to go). There was only 5 of us there.
Quote :
Where is the base camp? is it between joy and gyde on ridge st. if you drive by there is it noticable or just wait on the main st. just trying to get an idea what to look for, if I hear it is still set up tomorrow I think I might drive down from flint. So any information helps thanks

http://www.onlocationvacations.com/2010/07/26/tuesday%e2%80%99s-lot-list-filming-locations-in-new-mexico-l-a-detroit-more-including-moneyball-%e2%80%98fright-night%e2%80%99/#more-16487
Back to top Go down
Fiera
Boringly Sane

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-07-02

PostSubject: Re: MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread)   MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:08 pm

Actually it's not THAT bad of an area. I mean it's not GREAT, but it's not like the absolute ghetto or anything. They always have cops on site when filming and there weren't more than usual on Monday, I think they may have just been more noticeable since everything was really close together. The holding area was across the street from the filming area instead of further away like it often is. We didn't even shuttle to set, we just walked, which was good because I'm all about getting exercise and saving on gas! Smile

Anyway, my sister lives down Fort St and her boyfriend used to live over the former bar we used as the holding area. So that was pretty cool. It's not an area you should go walking alone late at night in, but it's not like you're gonna get shot walking down the street in the daytime. Might get asked if you're selling, but probably not shot. Smile
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread)   MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:46 pm

thanks misty!!
Back to top Go down
Fiera
Boringly Sane

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-07-02

PostSubject: Re: MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread)   MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:50 pm

Also they're mostly done in the area, but I THINK they're having second unit get some shots. Probably stuff without the actors. I know some crew has already gone over to Africa to prepare for production there.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread)   MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:58 pm

really, really, REALLY looking forward to this one!
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread)   MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 2:55 pm

i've heard some fans question why gerry always tries to keep his personal life so quiet, too. DUH!!!!!! look what happens when he's seen with someone!! i know it's all part of the "fame game" but all the hatin' just annoys the crap outta me. can ya tell????

Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread)   MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 9:54 pm

Nope,

couldn't tell on twitter Smile

couldn't tell on the other threads Smile
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread)   MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 12:08 am

i'm glad you couldn't tell, alice. i so wanted to keep it to myself! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread)   MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 7:20 pm

Quote :
Update: •Machine Gun Preacher, starring Gerard Butler, is filming was on Ridge St between Joy and Gyde in Canton, MI. They are at a house set off the road, not much visibility. (Thanks Francis, Tigerds)
http://www.onlocationvacations.com/2010/07/28/wednesday%e2%80%99s-lot-list-filming-locations-in-albuquerque-detroit-nola-more-including-%e2%80%98green-lantern%e2%80%99-%e2%80%98fright-night%e2%80%99/#more-16528
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread)   MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 4:34 pm

Filming continues today at the same place.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread)   MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 5:50 pm

Thanks for all of the updates, Dallas.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread)   MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 9:12 pm

Quote :
Machine Gun Preacher is filming in Canton on Ridge Road between Joy and Gyde RD. They have
have a few more days of filming

http://www.beforethetrailer.com/2010/08/august-5th-filming-locations-in-new-york-michigan-new-mexico-and-other-locations-including-blue-bloods-and-friends-with-benefits/
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread)   MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 3:00 am

Not sure where to post, but since it was during filming in Detroit.....

(I'm assuming that he was sigining a 300 pic by his comment, "Those were the days!"?)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread)   MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next