The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure

Go down 
+5
greyeyegoddess
Nay
andrea
DonnaKat
Dallas
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure Empty
PostSubject: Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure   Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:50 pm

Update from poster in Serbia (with summary):

Quote :
Hello people.I am a poster from Serbia and I posted all news on JJ but someone doesn't want me to post there anymore so I came here.
The first news is that Gerry was again at the club called "Stefan Braun".It was a night when famous people make cocktails and on Monday host of Serbian show "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" was mixing drinks.Fiennes and his girlfriend wanted to move to some more private place so they moved from hotel to a flat on Dorćol it is situated in the center of Belgrade.Gerry wanted from producer to move him to a flat and they are trying to find him a flat at the moment.

Next news is that Gerry was at the hospital.According to this article and I'll post you the link at the end Gerry was at the hospital on Monday at six pm.It is stated that he was not feeling very well because of the food and drinks that he was consuming and that he is not used to and because of the tiredness.He had a high blood pressure so they gave him an infusion after which he felt much better.PR of hospital didn't confirm this but she also didn't refused the statement

Translated Article:
http://www.pressonline.rs/sr/vesti/dzet_set_svet/story/114703/Otkrivamo%3A+Batler+se+najeo+i+napio%2C+pa+završ%20io+na+infuziji!.html

Discover: Butler is the most common and drank, and ended the infusion!
Hollywood actor, who filmed in Belgrade, "Coriolanus" on Monday night admitted to the clinic, "Ristic" due to high blood pressure. Actor fell ill because prejeo and drank too much

Hollywood actor Gerard Butler was admitted on Monday night at a private clinic Belgrade "Ristic" because of poor health?

How Press has learned, Butler, who for two weeks stay in the Serbian capital for the filming of "Coriolanus" Ralph Fiennes, a clinic in New Belgrade's security and drove the producers of the film.

Butler was immediately admitted to the duty doctor and, according to our interviewees, after careful examination it was found to have extremely high blood pressure.

- The actor arrived about 18 hours to the clinic, and after reviewing and removing attached to the blood infusion. Doctors have found that these are heightened pressure as a result of heavy consumption of large amounts of food and drink, which caused mild poisoning known as an actor is not used in our kitchen. He was also concerned and fatigue, as Butler last few days, in addition to recording commitments around, enjoy the charm of Belgrade nightlife, the clubs and the "plastic" and "Cinema." Butler was on the staff of the clinic, "Ristic," leaves a positive impression and not a single moment did not behave like a star. Once he felt improvement, transported to his suite at the Hyatt Hotel the next day and continued with their duties around the shooting - said our source.

PR Service famous actor did not want to comment on our findings. Sanja Mrđanov, which is in charge of relations with the public clinics, "Ristic," did not want to confirm, but to deny that the Butler received by them.

- The attitude of our institution is clear - we respect the privacy of all our patients, whether it is ordinary citizens and world-famous personality scale - said Mrđanov.
Quote :
[quote]
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure   Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:27 pm

You're not 20 anymore, Gerry. I can't party like it's 1999 anymore without feeling like I'm 99 years old - and neither can you.

There are a lot of times I'd love to go out and party and stay out all night but I know I have to get up and work. Them's the breaks. There are such things as health problems, yes, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out if you overtax your body, it will respond with warning signs. 500 calorie per day diets don't help, either.

If a person is going to abuse their body with lack of food, rest, vitamins, etc...I don't see that as being any different than abusing it with alcohol or drugs. A person might not drink or smoke, but that doesn't mean they're taking care of themselves.

Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
andrea
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor

Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure   Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:41 pm

well,your just right there he isnt twenty anymore and I stopped goin out like that since ages....if I go out really long and drink some alcohol I have to be off the next day. But hardly go out these days because with my three jobs ..I just dont have the time , I just rather go out for a nice cup off coffee and have a nice chat.....well well I think G.B is overduing it a little bit, when you see his filmin latley he has done a lot hasnt he ? And buildin up his muscles and goin thin again is not good for his body either, his body will strike one day !
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure   Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 10:19 pm

Too much coffee and red bull doesn't help the blood pressure either.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure   Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 1:59 am

Firstly, in all seriousness and if it accurate, I am saddened to hear this news. Leading an exciting life in many people eyes doesn't always equate to a healthy, happy one. I hope he's better quickly and learns a few lessons from it.

That said ... He needs some self-management skills, a better appreciation of the benefits of common sense and maturity and an ability to know his limits - emotionally and physically.

DK, from your lips to his ears.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure   Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 4:07 pm

wow...
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure   Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:52 pm

Now it has made the English news/blogs:

http://hollywood-spy.blogspot.com/2010/04/gerard-butler-taken-to-belgrade-clinic.html

GERARD BUTLER TAKEN TO A BELGRADE CLINIC DUE TO EXCESSIVE ENJOYMENT IN SERBIAN FOOD AND BRANDY

Now this is what happens to celebrities who do not read HOLLYWOOD SPY. How many times have I told you people, that when you come to Serbia you can't drink slivovitz (lethal Serbian plum brandy) like you'd drink whiskey, vodka or any other poisonous liquid.
According to Serbian press, Gerard Butler, who is currently filming "Coriolanus" in Belgrade, has been taken to a private clinic yesterday by producers and his security. After blood testing, doctors have diagnosed a high blood pressure, and Gerard was given an IV. According to doctors, the high blood pressure was the result of Gerard's excessive enjoyment in Serbian delicacies and domestic brandy which led to mild food and alcohol poisoning. We don't have to mention that beside too much food and drink, Gerard has also exhausted his organism with too much work and too much partying, since Serbians have been seeing him in Belgrade clubs almost each night this week.
But at least the stories about Gerard being a great lad, have been proved again, since the clinic staff was more than impressed by his friendly attitude and positive character.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure   Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:58 pm

http://www.scoopcelebrity.com/gerard-butler-poisoned-with-food-in-serbia/

Gerard Butler poisoned with food in SerbiaComments (0)By Scoop Celebrity
Posted on 28 Apr 2010 at 10:10am

Gerard Butler poisoned with food in Serbia

Actor Gerard Butler on Monday afternoon suddenly fell ill due to consumption of heavy foods and large amounts of alcohol and was ended in a private clinic Ristic in Belgrade. Press reports that about 18.00 Butler was driven to the clinic by security and producer of “Coriolanus,” film, which is currently filming in Belgrade. Following the review, which found that Butler has extremely high blood pressure and blood tests, the actor was given infusion. When his condition improved, he was moved into his apartment. Already the next morning he continued with the filming.

Doctors have found that Butler, unaccustomed to Serbian cuisine and heavy foods, have symptoms of mild poisoning. In addition to food and alcohol, for the poor health of famous Hollywood actor was guilty his fatigue. In fact, despite the grueling all day-long filming, Gerard Butler did not resist the charm of Belgrade nightlife and it is seen in all-night parties at clubs and bars.
Back to top Go down
andrea

PostSubject: Re: Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure   Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 2:33 am

ohhhh my goood well, when your not used to heavy food from serbia...thats why they drink they brandy or schnaps afterwards like we do...it helps the digestion...hicks...
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure   Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 5:00 am

Where is the ugly truth in all of these articles? Was it food, alcohol or both?
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure   Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 11:16 am

OK, I will admit that I read these articles, so I shouldn't complain, but someone in the Serbian press seems to be on Gerry like a bee to honey. They seem to know his every move. But what is being translated out there is very confusing. And that could be further damaging to Gerry, besides what Gerry has already done to himself, in the past. Rolling Eyes

P.S. I do hope Gerry is feeling better.
Back to top Go down
andrea

PostSubject: Re: Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure   Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 11:32 am

did I miss something out here ??? " besides what Gerry has already done to himself, in the past. "

alcohol..food...women...other stuff ???
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure   Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 5:20 pm

yeah, not getting the whole picture and I guess we'll wait when he gets interviewed for the film and people ask him, what happened in Serbia?
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure   Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 9:07 pm

A new twist...

My heart isn’t bust... it was only dust

MOVIE hunk Gerard Butler was yesterday at the centre of heart scare claims - after sniffing DUST on a film set. The Bounty Hunter star complained of breathing difficulties while shooting his latest film Coriolanus.

Local media claimed he'd been rushed to hospital with chest pains and needed treatment for high blood pressure on Monday night. But last night the Paisley-born actor's mum rubbished the reports - and revealed his illness was caused by working long hours in dusty conditions.

Speaking from her home in Comrie, Perthshire, Margaret said: "It's a gross exaggeration. He's filming in old factories and the whole crew are suffering from congestion. That's it.

"There's dust everywhere and he's got mild congestion.

"He says they're all suffering from it and because he's filming they have to be careful." Margaret denied her son had suffered chest pains, and added:

"It was a local doctor he saw, he wasn't admitted to hospital. I know that he has been working very long hours on this film."

Butler is filming the movie adaptation of Shakespeare's tragedy - directed by Ralph Fiennes - in Serbia.

The 40-year-old was prescribed throat lozenges by a local GP on Monday to help with the dusty conditions on set.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/2953761/My-heart-isnt-bust-it-was-only-dust.html#ixzz0mXchDE4D
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure   Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 9:17 pm

I can see how dust and congestion can be confused with food poisoning....I'm being sarcastic of course!

Geez. What about the high blood pressure? Makes you wonder if his mother is also minimizing the story a bit (or maybe her son minimized it when he talked to her). He may have had chest congestion, but where did they get the I.V. fluids and high blood pressure angle? I wonder if he might have also been dehydrated (with high blood pressure) and fatigued and didn't want to address that because he may have contributed to it a bit?

I totally believe the chest congestion part. This guy seems to be sensitive to chest and throat infections. I swear, he seems to have one or the other on every other film. I blame the years of smoking. Very Happy

I'm sure this isn't the end of it all - and I'm sure that Gerry will tell his injury/illness stories when he hits the press junket. At least he'll have some new material. Very Happy

Although how can he twist the story to make it more interesting and death defying when his mother said he only had "mild congestion" and the doctor only prescribed throat lozenges?

Last edited by Dallas on Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure   Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 9:59 pm

So let me get this straight. The Sun just picks up the phone and calls Mum Margaret instead of his publicist etc?

I'm sorry, but I find that really funny. And even more odd that his mother talked to them instead of telling them to contact his publicist. He is a 40 year old man with a team of people who deal with his career and image. Mama doesn't need to help him out.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure   Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 1:45 am

Dallas wrote:
Mama doesn't need to help him out.
Oh, I don't know, I think she's one of the few people associated with him who has his best interest at heart. Remember, his "people" booked him with major BEER and major SHAVING GEAR companies for Rio.

As for dusty sets, the crew and directors and wear masks and kerchiefs to cover their noses and mouths, but actors can't. Plus reciting Shakespeare in long chunks means breathing a lot and breathing deeply.

I thought the Butler swore off alcohol. No drinky means no brandy, right?
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure   Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 2:38 am

He probably was adversely affected because he's a mouth breather.....

Yeah, Nay.......I said it.
Back to top Go down
Geranimal

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure   Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:12 pm

I worked in medicine for thirty years. Gerry got a touch of food poisoning/gastrointeritis, probably started having diarhia and maybe throwing up, got dehydrated, that will cause the pulse and pressure to rise, a bag or two of normal saline will fix you right up, no problem.

I don't believe the stuff about the chest pain or calling Mum. However, it does concern me that Gerry still thinks he can "party hardy" at "forty" without the side affects. It also worries me that he cleanses too much and does 500 calorie diets then he'll binge on burgers and cupcakes and rich food! He's hell on that body of his and I'd like to take my palm and smack him upside the forehead!

Ger
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure   Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:58 pm

Do it!!

You're right, moderation is the key. Nothing wrong with cleansing, but you can't follow it up with gorging and gluttony. Wink
Back to top Go down
Geranimal

PostSubject: Re: Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure   Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 7:57 pm

Cleansing is not a bad thing but not when it's used for the wrong reasons. Gerry needs a good woman in his life to watch over him. I will volunteer, but I can't promise I'll be good.

Ger
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure   Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 1:09 pm

Depends on the definition of good...
Back to top Go down
andrea

PostSubject: Re: Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure   Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 4:16 pm

greyeyegoddess wrote:
Depends on the definition of good...

lol...just lookin after him bounce
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure   Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 2:47 am

His mother has entered the fray? Holy Mary, Mother of Dzerard! Why? Has the umbilical cord been cut?

Dallas wrote:
He probably was adversely affected because he's a mouth breather .....

Yeah, Nay ....... I said it.
You always find a way. Consistently my friend is what brings you those big scores from the judges. Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure 10outof10
Back to top Go down
Geranimal

PostSubject: Re: Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure   Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 1:36 pm

How about so good you're bad! Or so bad you're good?

Ger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure   Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gerry goes to hospital with high blood pressure
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next