The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lainey - Jen mad at Gerry and not talking to him. Problems for the upcoming film promotion.

Go down 
+3
pamelajane
DonnaKat
Dallas
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Lainey - Jen mad at Gerry and not talking to him.  Problems for the upcoming film promotion. Empty
PostSubject: Lainey - Jen mad at Gerry and not talking to him. Problems for the upcoming film promotion.   Lainey - Jen mad at Gerry and not talking to him.  Problems for the upcoming film promotion. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 12:21 am

Whatever. But kind of funny if true and the PR has been planned all along.....
I'm sick of PR, and paps to be honest.

http://watch.ctv.ca/etalk/highlights/etalk-highlights/#clip260410
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Lainey - Jen mad at Gerry and not talking to him.  Problems for the upcoming film promotion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lainey - Jen mad at Gerry and not talking to him. Problems for the upcoming film promotion.   Lainey - Jen mad at Gerry and not talking to him.  Problems for the upcoming film promotion. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 1:59 am

Wow, I nailed it on the violin thread, didn't I? I said the next thing that they would try to spoonfeed us would be the whole "victim Jen" thing.

I don't like to see people being used, and frankly this entire thing is making me sick. I'm sick of these people spoonfeeding this crap to the public. I'm sick of seeing the public eat it up hook, line, and sinker. And I'm sick of them exploiting other actors...in this case, Gerry. I don't know whose idea it was to come up with this entire angle (including the W spread), but it definitely isn't doing a thing to help his credibility. I have nothing against Jen as a person...I don't know her, she might be a very nice lady. But based on what I've seen, getting involved with her on any level is poison. And then there are those who think it's just "her people and poor Gerry", etc. Personally, I don't think his camp is 100% innocent in this, either.

I heard on the news this morning about David Copperfield being cleared of rape charges stemming from a 2007 incident. It would appear that David has a thing for the ladies, having his camp pick out the 'hot' ones for him, and putting them on the front row. He has also been known at times to single out women in the audience at his performances for some "fun" time later. In this particular case, he picked the wrong woman, who it would appear was looking to accuse him in order to extort money from him. I say that to say this, the more "in the spotlight" Gerry becomes, the more careful he is going to have to be...and the last thing he needs right now are "yes men" surrounding him without the backbone to tell him when he needs to stop doing certain things, and at the same time will have his back when the vultures come around. It would seem that Hollywood is nothing more than a bunch of shallow people who are only out for themselves and what they can get from someone, rather than having the integrity to do what they know they should do and/or what they're hired to do. If you're PR, then act like it and if the one you work for doesn't cooperate, you have two choices...knock some sense into his head, or quit working for him and leave him to screw up on his own.

And then there are the fans who defend him no matter what he does...which isn't to his benefit, either.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Lainey - Jen mad at Gerry and not talking to him. Problems for the upcoming film promotion.   Lainey - Jen mad at Gerry and not talking to him.  Problems for the upcoming film promotion. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 9:43 am

I totally agree with you, DK.

I've been on this personal "mad at Gerry" thing, lately, because I guess I'm seeing so much being thrown out there about him and about him and Jen. Of course, we see him kissing that violin girl, but I have't given him the benefit of the doubt that he might actually have known this girl in the past or it's a PR move to show he's not with JA. I've been judging just because I saw the photos. And this Jen and Gerry thing at the Golden Globes...I've felt that it was "fishy" from the start. It was so uncomfortable watching, as I'm sure it was uncomfortable for Gerry. This PR stunt is really so amatureish. And you called it on the Jen being the victim thing, DK. She seems to play victim so well. I've never seen someone want and need attention like JA. Yet, when she's out and about, she acts like her privacy is taken away from her when the paps are taking her pictures. When I was checking out at the grocery store the other day, her face was on several, I mean alot of magazine covers. If she wants it that way, that's her privledge, but don't drag Gerry along with you. And will his PR people wake up, already?

I'm not trying to get all "fangurlish". I'm too old for that anyway. And Gerry is no saint, but that's not my business and how many of us are?. I admire his acting and he's certainly not bad to look at and I also like the fact that he is so down to earth, from what I read. I would hate to see his career dive, because of all this silliness. In a past post I said I am a fan of GB, warts and all and I still am.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Lainey - Jen mad at Gerry and not talking to him. Problems for the upcoming film promotion.   Lainey - Jen mad at Gerry and not talking to him.  Problems for the upcoming film promotion. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 12:57 pm

pamelajane wrote:
I'm not trying to get all "fangurlish". I'm too old for that anyway.
No such thing. Older fangurls are the ones who can afford the products and trips and premiere tickets and carpetside seats and being stalkerish...um... <channelling Roseanne Roseannadanna> nevermind.

I never knew who Jennifer Aniston was until I came here.
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Lainey - Jen mad at Gerry and not talking to him. Problems for the upcoming film promotion.   Lainey - Jen mad at Gerry and not talking to him.  Problems for the upcoming film promotion. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 1:47 pm

LegoJulie wrote:
Older fangurls are the ones who can afford the products and trips and premiere tickets and carpetside seats and being stalkerish...um... nevermind.

Well, I don't have the products (except some of his movies), I've never taken a trip to see him or a premiere nor have I ever had carpet-side seats and I don't stalk him. And very few people even know I'm a fan, except for my immediate family and you guys and people I know on gbdotnet, but I'm a fan, nonetheless. I know that you don't begrudge anyone who has, LJ, except the stalking thing and I don't begrudge them either, as long as it's done appropriately(no to the stalking No ). Anyway, hooray for those who can, but I don't, unless I win something, then THAT'S a different story! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Lainey - Jen mad at Gerry and not talking to him. Problems for the upcoming film promotion.   Lainey - Jen mad at Gerry and not talking to him.  Problems for the upcoming film promotion. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 1:52 pm

i dunno. one of my opinions (and i have MANY that i probably shouldn't share!) is that gerry is a grown man. he shouldn't have to have his "people" tell him to not act like an a$$........set up situation or not.
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Lainey - Jen mad at Gerry and not talking to him. Problems for the upcoming film promotion.   Lainey - Jen mad at Gerry and not talking to him.  Problems for the upcoming film promotion. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 2:30 pm

Fans and stalkers (as long as they're not stalking me or mine) don't bother me, unless they're in my way and blocking my view or shoving me or calling me names.

I think I'm one of the very few people on this forum who isn't a GB fan.

Some adults really haven't matured and don't realize they're acting inappropriately.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Lainey - Jen mad at Gerry and not talking to him. Problems for the upcoming film promotion.   Lainey - Jen mad at Gerry and not talking to him.  Problems for the upcoming film promotion. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 7:43 pm

pamelajane wrote:
Of course, we see him kissing that violin girl, but I have't given him the benefit of the doubt that he might actually have known this girl in the past or it's a PR move to show he's not with JA.

You know, I might be in the minority, but I would rather it NOT be a PR move. I know Gerry is fond of kissing, and God forbid I should judge him on that because I have been known to make out with strangers before. Of course, it was back when I was about 22 years old, but still....it wasn't the fact that he kissed her that creeped me out. It was how "staged" it looked...and his buddies with their cameras all up in it. That creeped me out. If I had been her I would have snogged him as well...yes I would, I'll admit it. But if I had done that and then found out it had been done on a dare, or to look at pictures and make fun of me later, then I would be very hurt.

I do hope that we, as the fans and as the public, aren't being played here. And I also sincerely hope those pictures his buddies took weren't at the woman's expense. Even the "best" of guys can become piggish when they're out together. Believe me, I know...I have lots of male relatives and friends.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: Lainey - Jen mad at Gerry and not talking to him. Problems for the upcoming film promotion.   Lainey - Jen mad at Gerry and not talking to him.  Problems for the upcoming film promotion. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 8:12 pm

Maybe he's starting a new business venture, like those girls gone wild videos. Question
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Peege88
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal
Peege88

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Lainey - Jen mad at Gerry and not talking to him. Problems for the upcoming film promotion.   Lainey - Jen mad at Gerry and not talking to him.  Problems for the upcoming film promotion. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:58 pm

Yeah....

the violin girl incident....that could be looked at many different ways.

One might say that's how Gerry is, and his private nature is coming out. However, since he had his buddies there, and there were cameras (so he must've known those pictures and video would surface) I don't think that that is necessarily something he does normally or on a regular basis---kissing strangers on the street.

Now...if it was a juvenile prank between he and his pals, that's another story, and the girl didn't look too put out about the whole situation. (and btw, I couldn't discern any phone number exchange going on in the video. Maybe I missed that) Looked like everyone was having fun though---and it even seemed like Gerry was egging the gal on as if to give the cameras a big show.

Anyhow. The whole scenario is rather off-putting: one, to think Gerry could actually be that way in his private life, and the fact he and his friends encouraged such a spectacle knowing it might cause a backlash in fandom. And too, to think it may all be a PR stunt of some sort, though I'm not sure why they'd need one.

The whole Aniston thing. I don't get it.

I don't follow her enough to know but I don't get that she plays the victim---well, maybe during the Angelina/Brad thing. But, I don't sense that she's all PR and desperate. She seems like a decent person, a dependable actor for the type roles she plays, nothing outstanding....I just don't sense that she's pining away for Gerry. She seems pretty independent to me. And unless I've totally missed something I don't see her broadcasting her miseries to the press.

Any PR going on now would certainly play around the upcoming Bounty premiere. And schmoozing at the GG could simply be in preps for that or because they really are friends. It's not impossible.

**and perhaps the "awkwardness" sensed between them onstage was them espousing their new characters from the Bounty. I dunno....

From what I've gathered though, she isn't gunning for him as her next beau; she seems very independent of him.

Back to Gerry: I don't know what he's thinkin' these days. Some of the choices he's made, the situations he gets into.....sheesh. Not the most flattering behavior of someone wanting to reach the higher echelons of cinema---or perhaps he isn't after the top honors any more. Eh? Hard to say from his current catalog of movies.

Wish he'd grow up, straighten up and dig his chops into more substantial roles and show us what he's got. Otherwise he'll wind up a Lindsay Lohan or a K-Fed or .....eeewww....yikes....whatever...I just hope he wakes up before he's 60.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Peege88
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lainey - Jen mad at Gerry and not talking to him. Problems for the upcoming film promotion.   Lainey - Jen mad at Gerry and not talking to him.  Problems for the upcoming film promotion. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lainey - Jen mad at Gerry and not talking to him. Problems for the upcoming film promotion.
Page 1 of 1