The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

King Leonidas Action Figures from Sideshow Collectibles

Go down 
+2
greyeyegoddess
DonnaKat
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

King Leonidas Action Figures from Sideshow Collectibles Empty
PostSubject: King Leonidas Action Figures from Sideshow Collectibles   King Leonidas Action Figures from Sideshow Collectibles Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 2:24 am

If anyone's got $150 to spare for Christmas, these are pretty cool:

King Leonidas Action Figure
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: King Leonidas Action Figures from Sideshow Collectibles   King Leonidas Action Figures from Sideshow Collectibles Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 2:50 am

Wow those are nice, and looks like they are sold out. The other two are almost $300.00 each.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: King Leonidas Action Figures from Sideshow Collectibles   King Leonidas Action Figures from Sideshow Collectibles Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 11:05 am

$300...get it? "300"? Ok, I'll skeedaddle now.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: King Leonidas Action Figures from Sideshow Collectibles   King Leonidas Action Figures from Sideshow Collectibles Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 2:40 pm

i would love one of those, but sadly i don't have $5 to spend...much less $300!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Peege88
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal
Peege88

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-04-11

PostSubject: Re: King Leonidas Action Figures from Sideshow Collectibles   King Leonidas Action Figures from Sideshow Collectibles Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 8:21 pm

Dang....that IS a good likeness of Gerard Butler.

Wowee. I could have my own 12" Spartan. Hehehehehe

Cool stuff. Nice collectible. If I only had the $$.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Peege88
Peege88
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal
Peege88

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-04-11

PostSubject: Re: King Leonidas Action Figures from Sideshow Collectibles   King Leonidas Action Figures from Sideshow Collectibles Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 8:25 pm

Why don't they just commission a Gerard Butler doll....every fan would have one, you know?

Interchangeable leather jackets and v-neck sweaters. Oh...and cock hats. And like the Ken doll had at one time, a marker to draw on the scruff (to be wiped off when you want the clean-shaven look).

He could come with a Gerry dreamhouse, or rather, a nightclub backdrop.

That would sell millions! (Ok, thousands)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Peege88
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: King Leonidas Action Figures from Sideshow Collectibles   King Leonidas Action Figures from Sideshow Collectibles Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 8:53 pm

Most doll loving fans play with Andre'. There are groups on sites that get together and make clothes for their dolls.

I was a doll collector before I lost my job. I have a few different 'action figures' of Leo.

I have one, in a box, autographed by G, won at a convention. It's staying in the box until one day, when I decide to sell it.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Phantom's LadyRose
Boringly Sane
Phantom's LadyRose

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: King Leonidas Action Figures from Sideshow Collectibles   King Leonidas Action Figures from Sideshow Collectibles Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 10:33 am

Actually, the action figures that were initially released from Neca (sanctioned by Warner Bros), that were the 7 inch figures were the most realistic looking ones...I have all three of the ones issued, Leonidas, Queen Gorgo and Ephialtes. Leonidas looked EXACTLY like Gerry, and came dressed in the leather codpiece (very realistic), red cape, arm guards, leg guards, sandals, helmet with black crest, shiield and sword. It had an interchangable head, one with the helmet, one without. All of his scars are there, his muscles are accurate, and his 12 pack abs are clearly defined. But his face and hair are pure Gerry as Leonidas. These figures were only $14.98 each, very affodable. I have mine in their original packaging (as I do my Andre Marek doll), never to be opened, for display only. But the likeness is incredible. I don't know if these figures are still available through Neca, but they might be. Might be worth checking anyway.
Back to top Go down
Phantom's LadyRose
Boringly Sane
Phantom's LadyRose

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: King Leonidas Action Figures from Sideshow Collectibles   King Leonidas Action Figures from Sideshow Collectibles Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 10:39 am

This is the one I have...

http://www.toywiz.com/nfm300kl.html

They are $17.98 now, was $24.98 (when I got mine through Neca, they were only $14.95, but that was when 300 came out. Anyway, they have added another one along with Leonidas, Gorgo and Ephialtes, they now have the Immortal figure as well. I think you can get all four together for around $60.00, which would be a bargain. These were the first figures issued after the movie, and are sanctioned and endorsed by Warner Bros, so they are accurate in their composition. And affordable as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King Leonidas Action Figures from Sideshow Collectibles   King Leonidas Action Figures from Sideshow Collectibles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

King Leonidas Action Figures from Sideshow Collectibles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Gerry Shout Out! :: General Gerry-
Jump to: