The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The forum went down last night (aka "white screen of death")

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

The forum went down last night (aka "white screen of death") Empty
PostSubject: The forum went down last night (aka "white screen of death")   The forum went down last night (aka "white screen of death") Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 7:10 am

If you tried to access the forum last night and got the 'white screen of death', I just want you to know that it wasn't specific to this forum. Apparently a BUNCH of forums under our forum host went down at the same time. I'm not sure exactly what the issue was, but apparently it was resolved sometime in the night.

The same thing happened on Halloween. If this becomes an on-going issue, I might have to consider switching to another host. Hopefully it won't come to that, though. They've been pushing through a lot of updates, so maybe it's just growing pains.

If you have the backup Bravenet chat room bookmarked, you should still be able to access that in the event this forum goes down in the future...unless, of course, the Bravenet site goes down at the same time. Wink

The Butler's Pantry website that I'm currently working on is under a separate host, so possibly in the future that will be the place to go in the event the forum goes down. It would be nice to have a place to check for status issues such as these, wouldn't it? I think I'll add something like that to the main website.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: The forum went down last night (aka "white screen of death")   The forum went down last night (aka "white screen of death") Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 9:01 am

Yeah, IR was down too,so as you can imagine, I was going nuts. Erik was yelling in my head and I had to yell back at him...."Shut up!" LOL!

I would be irritated, too, if I was an administrator.

XO
Back to top Go down
Helena
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor
Helena

Number of posts : 485

PostSubject: Re: The forum went down last night (aka "white screen of death")   The forum went down last night (aka "white screen of death") Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 11:31 am

Good to know, I thought it was my computer!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lenapapadam
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: The forum went down last night (aka "white screen of death")   The forum went down last night (aka "white screen of death") Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 1:49 pm

I feel so disconnected.... The forum went down last night (aka "white screen of death") 122847
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Birdseed
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor
Birdseed

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: The forum went down last night (aka "white screen of death")   The forum went down last night (aka "white screen of death") Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 9:29 pm

It went down on me (the forum, that is... Rolling Eyes ) while I was logged in, so I lost all the flags that said "New Post". Time to go hunting for what I missed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The forum went down last night (aka "white screen of death")   The forum went down last night (aka "white screen of death") Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The forum went down last night (aka "white screen of death")
Page 1 of 1