The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Siggys From Other Sites

Go down 
+3
Nay
pamelajane
LadyNOLA
7 posters
AuthorMessage
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Siggys From Other Sites Empty
PostSubject: Siggys From Other Sites   Siggys From Other Sites Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 11:56 am

I have a question that is more of an etiquette one than a technical one. I don't know a lot about siggys, including when and where people usually use them.

I recently had a very nice member at another Gerry site I belong to make a cool siggy for me. Is it considered appropriate and acceptable to use that siggy on other forums besides just the one this member is from, including this one? I really don't know what people usually do. It has her "signature" on it in the form of her Username, so it seems like that would be sufficient to credit her.

I really don't if, when someone makes a signature for you, even if you told them what you basically wanted in it, it actually belongs to you or not.
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Siggys From Other Sites   Siggys From Other Sites Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 12:48 pm

I had the same question, once, and I asked the siggy artist if I could use it elsewhere and she said, once it's made for you, it is your's to do with whatever you like. But I still give credit to the person who made it for me, underneath the siggy. Does that help, Emily?

Last edited by pamelajane on Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:10 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling erroe, oops, error)
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Siggys From Other Sites   Siggys From Other Sites Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 3:18 pm

It is good interwebby manners to ask the creator, Emily. However, once granted, it is yours to use as you wish.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Siggys From Other Sites   Siggys From Other Sites Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 3:03 am

It is good form to not promote rival websites in your sigs.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Siggys From Other Sites   Siggys From Other Sites Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 2:36 pm

Well, now that depends...are you rivals, or all working together for one purpose?

And of course, it depends if you like the original site...lol
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Oggy
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor
Oggy

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Siggys From Other Sites   Siggys From Other Sites Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 5:52 pm

My siggy was made by a friend at another site and I use it on both sites...wait a minute... I have not been to the other site for over a year now...wonder why...things that make you go hmmmmmmmm.

I LOVE IT HERE WHY WOULD I GO ANYWHERE ELSE??????

ok deep breath..done..hahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Siggys From Other Sites   Siggys From Other Sites Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 5:53 pm

Yep!

Proud
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Siggys From Other Sites   Siggys From Other Sites Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 3:49 pm

Thanks for the advice, everyone! I will ask her if she doesn't mind if I use it other places. And it doesn't promote the other site. It just has her Username in the corner, not the site name.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Siggys From Other Sites   Siggys From Other Sites Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Siggys From Other Sites
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Butler's Pantry Stuff :: Forum Stuff :: Forum Features & Technical Assistance-
Jump to: