The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kim Vo dishes on Britney Spears, Kate Hudson, Gerard Butler & others

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Kim Vo dishes on Britney Spears, Kate Hudson, Gerard Butler & others Empty
PostSubject: Kim Vo dishes on Britney Spears, Kate Hudson, Gerard Butler & others   Kim Vo dishes on Britney Spears, Kate Hudson, Gerard Butler & others Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 6:19 pm

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/features_fashion/2009/09/kim-vo-dishes-on-star-clientele-launches-hair-care-line-at-gbs-stores.html

Kim Vo is running just the teeniest bit late today.

The hair stylist and hair colorist to-the-stars just got off a plane at Miami International Airport at 2:40 p.m. as he heads for a yacht moored at the Epic Hotel downtown at 6:30 p.m.

Tomorrow it's back to Beverly Hills to coif his bold-named clientele for the Emmy Awards this Sunday.

He was suppose to call me at 2:15 for phone interview about the launch of his Kim Vo Hair Care line...which is what the yacht party is all about.

"I had to call you right away," he said to me breathless as he negotiated MIA's terminal. "I wanted you to be my first."

Oh Kim, if only that was even remotely possible. "Hey, I slept my way to the middle and clawed my way to the top," Vo said laughing.

And with that, we bonded by 2:45.

Vo is launching his Kim Vo Hair Care line at GBS: The Beauty Store chain in South Florida. Aside from exotic good looks - the benefit of French and Vietnamese heritage - Vo shot to stardom himself as a judge on Bravo-TV's hair-raising Shear Genius reaility competition.

He is returning for the third season, which has already been videotaped and may start airing in January of 2010.

"It's an entirely new cast of judges," Vo said, as a disembodied voice in the background encourages him to report anything suspicious he might see. "I'm the only survivor."

So after 19 years in the beauty biz, why start a product line now?

"I like to do things where you can put your own twist on it," Vo said. "This line takes in consideration the hottest trends going on out there now. For keratin reconstruction, we have no sulfates and no sodium chlorides in our products. So you can use [them] with kerating treatments and thermal reconditioning."

"I have a salon in Laguna Beach and it's right on the beach and we have the same humidity, so I do get it."

Vo also said his "hero" products are the shampoo and conditioner, which are formulated from a colorists' point of view (he was voted "Best Blonder in the Business" by Vogue magazine) and works with chemically treated hair.

And then we spent the last five minutes dishing about his salon stars - by 3 p.m. we were done and he had found his driver:

KateHudson Kate Hudson: "She's hippie-chic. She's the ultimate beach girl - so down to earth. Her hair represents exactly what she is: carefree."

Goldie Hawn: "She does it herself. She uses a little lemon juice and goes outside in the sun to play - I only do a little color for her. I see her in her red Ferrari with big sunglasses looking very Hollywood."

Jenny McCarthy: "We took her from dark to light. She had extensions and now a bob. She wanted something new. She was tired of extensions. She had a new life, a new man there had to be a new look."

Gerard Butler: "Nice and clean. He really likes the texturizer we have for short hair [in the Kim Vo Hair Care line]. Maybe we have to do a 5-minute color job on his salt and pepper temples when he does a movie like 300, but other than that he likes his hair au natural.

Nicky Hilton: We took her from dark to light. I think what we did do was give her an individual look. IOt's a bohemian-chic look."

Britney Spears: Love her. We've really seen her blossom. She's been blond, shaved, extensions, dark toBritneySpears light. Her skin tones can carry a lot of tones. Now she's baby blond. She is doing what any normal 27-year-old will do."
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Kim Vo dishes on Britney Spears, Kate Hudson, Gerard Butler & others   Kim Vo dishes on Britney Spears, Kate Hudson, Gerard Butler & others Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 2:31 am

Liar.

Colour on the salt and pepper my foot! I scoff at au naturelle.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Kim Vo dishes on Britney Spears, Kate Hudson, Gerard Butler & others   Kim Vo dishes on Britney Spears, Kate Hudson, Gerard Butler & others Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 8:47 am

You color your hair, Nay?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Kim Vo dishes on Britney Spears, Kate Hudson, Gerard Butler & others   Kim Vo dishes on Britney Spears, Kate Hudson, Gerard Butler & others Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 8:50 am

Hell yeah. But I colour it so that it is not such an obvious difference .... unlike Senor Butler who one day looks 'au natural' and the next is suspiciously darker.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Kim Vo dishes on Britney Spears, Kate Hudson, Gerard Butler & others   Kim Vo dishes on Britney Spears, Kate Hudson, Gerard Butler & others Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 9:53 am

Oh, you weren't scoffing at natural hair. You were scoffing at GB's so-called "natural" color.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Kim Vo dishes on Britney Spears, Kate Hudson, Gerard Butler & others   Kim Vo dishes on Britney Spears, Kate Hudson, Gerard Butler & others Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 10:19 am

Maybe he prefers 'natural' but keeps having to color it for roles. Personally, I think the color sometimes makes him look older...especially when they go really, really dark.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Peege88
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal
Peege88

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Kim Vo dishes on Britney Spears, Kate Hudson, Gerard Butler & others   Kim Vo dishes on Britney Spears, Kate Hudson, Gerard Butler & others Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 12:09 pm

I like his salt-n-pepper hair.....and now, beard.

Looks good on him I think. Maybe when his hair is colored it shouldn't be such a dark brown/black--it DOES make him look older and worn out.

A softer brown shade would work.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Peege88
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Kim Vo dishes on Britney Spears, Kate Hudson, Gerard Butler & others   Kim Vo dishes on Britney Spears, Kate Hudson, Gerard Butler & others Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:33 pm

LegoJulie wrote:
Oh, you weren't scoffing at natural hair. You were scoffing at GB's so-called "natural" color.
Actually LJ, I was scoffing at that Kim person's quote of Senor Butler's hair colour staying 'au natural' most of the time. We have eyes in our heads!

The darker shades are quite harsh on some people and therefore much more noticeable. Like DK and Peege, I prefer a softer brown colour on him and on moi.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kim Vo dishes on Britney Spears, Kate Hudson, Gerard Butler & others   Kim Vo dishes on Britney Spears, Kate Hudson, Gerard Butler & others Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kim Vo dishes on Britney Spears, Kate Hudson, Gerard Butler & others
Page 1 of 1