The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Say something random about you (Part 5)

Go down 
+8
kayanne
Sharabella
LadyNOLA
LegoJulie
Nay
Helena Camacho
sami_stardust
DonnaKat
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 9:19 pm

DK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 11:06 pm

Spoiler:

Random: I had to work late. Is it too late to open up a bottle of Malbec? Cause I just did.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 4:23 pm

Sorry I haven't been around lately, but real life has kept me occupied for the last couple of weeks. My brother has suffered with Lou Gehrig's for several years and passed away this week. I'm going to miss him beyond words. He was very sick for a long time and passed peacefully as he wished, at home, surrounded by his family.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 4:29 pm

Uh, reading the posts on this page, I guess it's best to keep your hands behind your back----or is that naughty too?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 5:47 pm

Sweet Lord, Sharabella. My sincerest condolences to you and his family. If there is anything we can do here for you, just say the word.

Beyond parents, I believe it is when siblings pass away that our own mortality is brought sharply to mind. Like all deaths, the death of a sibling brings upon a search for meaning because it is these people with whom we share a common family history.

Grant him now freed of this life's pains and worries, a place of lasting safety and peace in heaven. Amen.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 5:53 pm

Oh wow, Sharabella! My heart goes out to you and your family!! GOD bless you all and give you some peace. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 8:48 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your brother, Shara....my condolences, thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 11:00 pm

My deepest sympathies and prayers to you, Sharabella.

If you keep your hands behind your back all the time, wouldn't people think you're making obscene gestures back there?
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 12:08 am

LegoJulie wrote:

If you keep your hands behind your back all the time, wouldn't people think you're making obscene gestures back there?

Probably, and knowing me, I would be. It's pointless to consider it anyway, 'cause I need my hands to talk.

---------------------
Thank you everyone.
I held him as he passed -- It's made me feel very old, tired and sad, but I'll make it.

Last edited by Sharabella on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 12:27 am

I'm so sorry about your brother, Shara. I'm glad he got to have his wishes honored by getting to be at home with family. Thank you, Nay, for providing such a nice prayer. I sent the same one up too. And I also asked God to be with you and your family and to give y'all His peace.

And you're right. Hands in the pockets might be stranger than behind the back. It's a tough call. Wink
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 4:58 pm

Sharabella, was your brother able to plan his memorial service/funeral? I knew a lovely man years ago dying of lung cancer who planned it all including his choice of blues songs to be used throughout the funeral. It was so much more personal.

Random:

Here's the latest photo of the small garden at the front and one of it last Easter. It's been nearly a year since I started this project.

Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 GardenatEaster

Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 DSC01605
The below photos are of the second half of the same front area. The before-rotary hoe one shows the weed situation and the other shows one quarter garden bed with my white Old English climbing rose, lavender and rosemary bushes in place. I had been told (and read) that olive trees are slow growers. Someone forgot to tell mine!

Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 DSC01595

Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 DSC01606

Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 DSC01607
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 5:08 pm

Very nice, Nay. I want an olive tree!
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 7:27 pm

Lovely.

I have a great fondness for rosemary, lavender and olive trees. I bet it looks spectacular at night with the lights against the silvery foliage.

And yes, he had made arrangements years before.
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 1:27 pm

A lot of hard work and dedication went into your yardwork, Nay. Way to go!!
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 8:52 pm

Nay, Nay, tcurds and whey, how does your garden grow?
With silver shells, and cotton bells, and one measly phfffffptunia!

Random: I contacted a breeder about some Persian kittens. I think I might be wanting another smushed faced kitty.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 3:08 am

Are you swearing at me in Yankee lingo, DK? Suspect I put lots of manure in my garden.

Thanks Emily, Shar and Sami. It has been a lot of hard work especially for someone who knew absolutely nothing about gardens, soil, plants etc. The learning curve was steep but the pleasure I have gained has been immense.

Random:

Queensland started Pupil Free Days this week and I am sensing that this year, 2012, will be remarkably different at my joint. Not better, not worse, just different.

PS. I find it important to mention that an Aussie (Hewitt) kicked a Yank (Roddick) out of the Australian Open this week.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 10:00 am

Australian Opened what? Vegemite bottles?

What do Pupil Free Days mean? The teachers are free of students? The students are free to do whatever they want? Everyone goes blind? 'Splain!
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 10:26 am

If I may? Confused

I believe Nay is refering to what we call "in srevice" days. Just teachers, working away, learning from each other, making plans, preparing rooms, talking about anyone new, acting like kids, and drinking a hell of a lot of coffee. Then the real kids come back and throw all those well laid plans into the dumpster.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 5:00 pm

Oh. Fun. As a parent, I don't like those days. Kids need to be in school every weekday.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 7:14 pm

Not everything is about vegemite. Australian Open Tennis Championship! Do you live in a sports vacuum in the great state of Texas, Julie?? Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 642267

Shar, you may ... anytime. All of your description is correct except sometimes (more often than we'd like) we are subjected to mind-numbingly boring Professional Development such as happened to a large group of us cattle ticks this week. Off shoots are the coffee, laughs and freshness and excitement of new classroom/incoming students. Julie would be one of those parents I dodge when I see them coming. "Hello Mrs Lego, how are you?" just keep walking lady! Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 646968

Random:

RIP Miss James.

Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 7:38 pm

When I go talk to teachers, I'm fully armed for combat. First strike!

My house is a sports-free zone. BTW, tenniswear has gone to hell.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 8:15 pm

LegoJulie wrote:
BTW, tenniswear has gone to hell.

I figure that in a few years they'll be playin' in designer thongs and tassels. (and boy, are the guys gonna look funny in tassels Very Happy )

But then, I think pajamas are going to become formal wear, and offices will have clothing optional Fridays in the foreseeable future, so what do I know?
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 1:03 am

Sharabella wrote:
But then, I think pajamas are going to become formal wear,
It has, in military uniforms, the camouflage stuff is now worn in lots of nice places. And women's clothings. Just look at the red carpet wear. A lot of them are skimpier than negligees.

Last edited by LegoJulie on Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 1:03 am

i'm heartbroken about ms etta.
Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 2:08 am

Random:
Owen Wilson with his dad at the Whole Foods near my house on Friday.

(He grew up here and I guess was visiting his parents who live close to me.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Say something random about you (Part 5)
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next