The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Say something random about you (Part 5)

Go down 
+8
kayanne
Sharabella
LadyNOLA
LegoJulie
Nay
Helena Camacho
sami_stardust
DonnaKat
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 12:38 pm

Isn't that the show on HBO? Unfortunately, I don't have that station. Sad

Random: I'm watching a show called "How Will the World End?". It just showed a scenario of the Gateway Arch tumbling down during an earthquake. Freaky.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 1:23 pm

I watched the first season or Thrones, but I'm not sure that I'll watch the second. It's just sooooo dark. However----- The acting is great and the storylines compelling so I make no promises.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 2:34 pm

I've never seen the show. I might try to watch it all at once if it shows up on Hulu.com. I don't know. I don't like dark cinematography. I know they want to convey mystery and intrique, but sheesh, turn the lights on!
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 6:20 pm

It's the story that's dark and brooding. The cinematogtaphy is great. (OK--A lot of that is dark too ) Lots of loveless sex and no hint of any kind of a happy ending. It isn't a happy show, but it draws you in.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 6:33 pm

Sounds like soap opera.

I saw about 5 minutes of some random episode, and it was dark, during the daytime.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 10:24 am

Yep, kinda like "Dallas" meets "Lord of the Rings".
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 11:38 am

Never watched Dallas. Saw Lord of the Rings. Tried to read it once - long boring narratives - got through 2 pages. Movies were easier to digest. Same with The Name of the Rose.

Finally saw part 2 of the last Harry Potter movies. So not a fan of black and white movies. Or of loud music and background sounds, and almost inaudible dialogs. Had to keep adjusting the volume. How did those movies get rated PG-13? Because they don't use cuss words?
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 8:52 pm

I was glued to the Lord of the Rings when I first read them in high school. It took me a long time to break down and watch the movies because I didn't know how true to the books they were.

Random: I'm reading Hunger Games right now. It's pretty dark for a young person's book. Not a bad read, and it was free download on my Kindle.
Back to top Go down
Helena Camacho
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal
Helena Camacho

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2011-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 11:28 pm

I never read the book of Lord of the Rings... But I did see the movie... It was kinda depressing....

Hunger Games.... I have no idea what its about... The movie looks promising though... From what I could tell...

Medievel Times were dark... And bit barbaric.. Thats how its been potrayed for many years....

Have you seen the Bolyne Sisters? However you spell it... That was gloomy.... I have yet to see where they picture That era Happy... It was nothing but gloom and doom....

My book takes you on a emotional roller coaster.. You are happy, sad, angry, and hopeful and I take you for another slope ride... lol... I'm evil that way...

But some might say I have no business in writing a book...Everybody is entitled to their opinions... Everybody gets critisized for one thing or another... Part of the industry...

Back to top Go down
http://www.thelegendsofsouthhaven.net
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 9:00 pm

Helena, why would anyone tell you you have no business writing? It is your right to do so, so I say go for it! I wish I had become a writer instead of what I'm doing for a living today. But maybe I'll just take a stab at it. Who knows? Thing about writing is, you never know when you might just be the next JRR Tolkien or Stephen King.

Random: I had a very bad day today, but I'm home now and the dog desperately needs a bath. Any volunteers?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 4:33 am

Toss her in the shower/bathtub with you, Donna. It's messy but quick and she's certainly small enough. That said, Bud didn't like the water falling on his head.

Random:

I empathise with the work situation. Last night (Tuesday) was a two glass of vino night but even that and phone therapy with a friend didn't help.

What is to become of Greece? Are they the first domino piece to fall in the next European disaster? I also worry about France, Germany and Italy.

"Game of Thrones" is addictive. Yes, it's violent and the family situations turn my stomach but the intriguing nature and survival skills of the main characters enthralls me.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 7:33 am

Greece? Don't get me started on the biennial debacle called the Olympic Games. Everytime some idiots in Texas decided to bid for the Games I pray they fail. So far it's working.

The Olympics are huge money sinks and wastes of resources and space. Host cities/countries don't make money from the Games. At best they get the new stadiums they've been wanting (which they paid for). In lots of places the stadiums just sit and rot, while the cities or countries still try to pay off debts from the constructions, or stand at the verge of bankruptcy. See Greece.

Yup. London needs all that sudden influx of people and traffic. Heathrow should be fun. I'd like to have missiles on my roof, too. *sigh*

Great Britain should survive the Summer Olympics this year. Can't imagine the British Empire going bankrupt. I wonder. If they start to, will Canada and Australia have to cough up cash to keep Britain afloat, being British Commonwealths?

Also very smart of them to not join the European Union. I hear that's a German thing. "Let's change Deutchmark to Euro and get everyone to use the Euro. We'll rule them all without all that war. Hahaha." Germany and it's coconspirators should suck it up and bail out Greece, and any other country in the EU. It's supposed to be ONE shared economic community, isn't it?

Random:
I'm bored. And hungry. All that thought about grease.
Back to top Go down
Helena Camacho
Helena Camacho

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 11:20 am

Thanks Donna... I appreciate your words of wisdom and inspiration....

I never watch the Olympics... Just not into it...Never have been...
Back to top Go down
Helena Camacho
Helena Camacho

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 4:27 pm

Here is the latest.. I just recieved news that a Dr. Bruce Stratton from Corpus Christie, Tx just got a press release on my book and is reading it.. He is from a radio station...

Now the nerves are eaten me alive... lol...
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 10:25 pm

I took off the sweatpants, put some water in the garden tub and got in the tub with my dog to give her a bath. Laughing Hey, it worked! And now she keeps wanting to get back into the tub. The dog loves water....whoda thunk it?

Nay, my job is driving me to the vino too. I'm on my second glass. drunken

Helena, that's great news! Good luck!

Random: I wish I was in kindergarten again. Times were simpler back in the day. No computers, smart phones, gaming systems, high gas prices, old age sags and wrinkles and crags and gray hair and slowing metabolism...just me going to school to have milk and cookies, lie down on a mat, play house and/or blocks and listen to stories. And Sesame Street seemed better back then. And Campbells Chicken Noodle Soup seemed to taste better when mom heated it up.

I don't want to be an adult anymore. I quit.
Back to top Go down
Dani Blue
Random Babbler
Dani Blue

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2012-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 11:26 pm

Hey everyone,

Life has been a bit nuts lately, and I just got over an ear infection, but now I'm back.

I hope everyone's doing ok! Sorry your job is giving you stress DK!

Smile
Back to top Go down
Helena Camacho
Helena Camacho

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 12:28 am

Hope all is well..

I was watching the game... lol... Once again... all I gots to say is IN your face Gerry!!!! We won again!!!!!! lol... Your team sucks... lol...

77 to 75... Once again Thunders won!!! Woohooooo...

It feels pretty good to best someone... lol...

Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 4:05 am

I'm glad Coco enjoyed her dip, Donna. Did you drag out the hairdryer and towel and fluff her up? Laughing

Random:

I hope Ratko Mladic burns in a fiery hell. Some small measure of justice may be served. Mongrels like this give animals a bad name.

Jordy is now officially mine ie. his pedigree paper arrived today. With family names such as "The Full Monty" and "Graceful Diva", it's no wonder he's noisy and a show-off.

This awful week is nearly over. Not that I wishing my days away or anything ...

Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 6:09 am

Yes, I blow dried her, brushed her and fluffed her too!

Two more days of work....sigh, I hate thinking this way but this week has been crazy and not in a good way.

Random: Day two of nausea. I wish I could call in sick, but the workplace seems to fall apart when I'm not there. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 2:18 pm

Pregnant?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 3:44 pm

RIP Ms Summer. Your effortless style will be missed.

Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 4:06 pm

Whatta voice! How sad. GOD's peace to her family, friends and fans.
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 7:57 pm

That took me back to younger days.

The Diva of Disco will indeed be missed.
Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 4:32 am

Random: Donna Summer reminds me of the skating rink as a kid.

Game of Thrones and The Borgias are my secret vice. Those shows are awesome!! And The Killing on AMC is really good too. I have yet to watch Shameless this season -- so I have to catch up. But Nurse Jackie is awesome. And I think The Big C has started as well. I need to get caught up. That is a great show for anyone that has been affected by cancer.....

Wow, that's the most I've posted in forever.

The End.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 5:48 am

OMG
OMG
OMG
OMG!!!!

Dallas is *gulp* posting. Does this mean the end is nigh? Shocked

Oh and yes, she watches too much television and her vices are too numerous to list.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 26 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Say something random about you (Part 5)
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next