The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What a difference a mane makes! Suited Gerard Butler slicks his hair back for Ischia Film Festival... hours after a VERY scruffy arrival by boat

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

What a difference a mane makes! Suited Gerard Butler slicks his hair back for Ischia Film Festival... hours after a VERY scruffy arrival by boat Empty
PostSubject: What a difference a mane makes! Suited Gerard Butler slicks his hair back for Ischia Film Festival... hours after a VERY scruffy arrival by boat   What a difference a mane makes! Suited Gerard Butler slicks his hair back for Ischia Film Festival... hours after a VERY scruffy arrival by boat Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 5:36 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4683964/Gerard-Butler-cuts-suave-figure-Ischia-Film-Festival.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

What a difference a mane makes! Suited Gerard Butler slicks his hair back for Ischia Film Festival... hours after a VERY scruffy arrival by boat
By Ryan Smith and Fionn Hargreaves For Mailonline
Published: 20:58 EDT, 10 July 2017 | Updated: 02:20 EDT, 11 July 2017

His muscle-bound physique, strong Scottish accent and rugged good looks won him a legion of devoted fans over a decade ago.
But on Monday, Gerard Butler proved that he doesn't just wake up looking like the dashing movie star that he is, as he sported two very different looks just hours apart.
In the evening, he cut a dapper figure as he hit the red carpet during day three of the 2017 Ischia Global Film & Music Festival in Italy - but earlier in the day, his hairstyle left a lot to be desired, when he was seen sporting an unruly mane while yatchting.

The mane difference! Gerard Butler was spotted sporting two very different looks just hours apart when he stepped out in Ischia, Italy, on Monday
The 47-year-old screen star was a far cry from his usual self when he was spotted rocking messy curls, an ill-fitting powder blue polo shirt and baggy khakis.

Wearing aviator sunglasses, he waved at onlookers as he soaked up the sunshine with pals in Lacco Ameno, ahead of soaking up the festival action.
As night hit, his locks were tamed into a sleek style, while his attire - a black tux under a matching round-necked T-shirt, teamed with skater shoes - better complemented his frame. 

Hair hair! The Scottish heart-throb was seen sporting an unruly mane while yatchting with pals

Far cry: The 47-year-old screen star was a far cry from his usual self when he was spotted rocking messy curls, an ill-fitting powder blue polo shirt and baggy khakis

Jovial: He appeared to be in jovial spirits as he sat aboard the sea vessel in Lacco Ameno
Gerard, who transformed into muscular King Leonidas for action 2007 film 300, was recently spotted sporting a sizeable paunch on a Mexican beach with girlfriend Morgan Brown. 
Gerard, who ditched his gruelling workout regime to film thriller Keepers, has changed dramatically since his rise to fame in the mid-2000s.
The actor wore just a red cape and a pair of leather shorts to play legendary Spartan Leonidas, who was said to have lead 300 men into battle against the Persians.  

The actor had to work out six-hours a day for seven months in the lead up to filming the action-packed flick.

+15

Sleek: By that evening, he looked completely different, wearing a black tux under a matching round-necked T-shirt, teamed with skater shoes

+15

Hair today, gone tomorrow: The actor's locks were also tamed into a much more sleek style

+15

Strike a pose: He posed for a snpashot with Italian TV producer Pascal Vicedomini

+15

The work never ends: The actor has been keeping busy with a number of screen projects
He told Entertainment Tonight in 2007: 'You just keep stepping over little barriers. You're enjoying it because you know you'll never be like this again, so you think how much more can you push it?'
In order to prepare for the role, Gerard enlisted the help of Venezuelan bodybuilder Franco LiCastro and mountain climber Mark Twight, who developed a special '300-rep Spartan workout' for him. 
Gerard reflected on the experience to Men's Health in 2010 and said: 'I wanted to look really strong. I've seen so many actors play these kinds of roles, and you see all this equipment on either a big belly or skinny little arms. 
'That was a great thing, to put on that cape and put on that helmet, and not have to think, s***, I should have trained more. Instead, I was standing there feeling like a lion.' 

+15

Ten years ago: Gerard looks a far cry from his role as King Leonidas in 300, when he was required to workout for seven months ahead of the gruelling role 

+15

Rippling abs: In 2009 film Law Abiding Citizen, his character was arrested in the nude, showing off his rippling abs as he was taken away by a SWAT team
The actor, who gave up a career as a lawyer to pursue his dream, also stopped drinking as he chased Hollywood fame in the late 1990s. 
Since his breakout role as Leonidas, Gerard has maintained his impressive physique for action films such as Law Abiding Citizen.
In the 2009 movie, his character was arrested in the nude, showing off his rippling abs as he was taken away by a SWAT team.

Showing off: In P.S. I Love You, his first film after 300, he played Irishman Gerry, who entertained his wife by performing a striptease in a pair of boxers and braces
Gerard also stripped off in front of Jennifer Aniston in 2010 comedy The Bounty Hunter, when he emerged out of the bathroom wearing just a towel. 
The actor's talent and fine figure also landed him roles in many rom coms. 
In P.S. I Love You, his first film after 300, he played Irishman Gerry, who entertained his wife by performing a striptease in a pair of boxers and braces.
He was also the romantic foil to Katherine Heigl's character in 2009 film The Ugly Truth, where he played a chauvanist who held some controversial opinions about love. 

Any excuse: Gerard also stripped off in front of Jennifer Aniston in 2010 comedy The Bounty Hunter, when he emerged out of the bathroom wearing just a towel
The star has kept up his buff image for recent action films like Olympus Has Fallen, which has spawned two sequels, and sword-and-sandal romp Gods of Egypt.
He told GQ in 2016: 'Right now I’m training five times a week. I do a lot of cardio but I’m starting to lift heavy because in my next movie I’m supposed to be beefy, a big undercover cop in LA covered in tattoos – so it’s not big and cut, it’s just big.' 
But a fine physique is not required for his latest film, where the Scottish star plays a lighthouse keeper in thriller Keepers.

+15

Impressive: Gerard also starred alongside Angelina Jolie in the sequel to Tomb Raider, where he played the A-lister's romantic interest

Gerard Butler and Morgan Brown jet off out of LA in 2014

Gerard, who stars alongside Peter Mullan and Joe Alwyn, plays one of three lighthouse keepers who disappeared without a trace on the Western Isles in 1900. 
The actor has finished filming in Galloway, but it appears Gerard and the rest of the crew indulged in some fine Scottish cuisine while shooting the thriller.
Stranraer coffee shop D'nisi brought 60 scones to the Hollywood set on May 3 and had been using the business for a fortnight, according to the Greenock Telegraph.
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Gerard Butler Stuff :: Gerry News :: Gerry Sightings/Latest News-
Jump to: