The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Say something random about you (Part 5)

Go down 
+8
kayanne
Sharabella
LadyNOLA
LegoJulie
Nay
Helena Camacho
sami_stardust
DonnaKat
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 12:52 am

Poor little feather ball. Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 11 551991 May he chirp long and loudly in Animal Heaven.

Random:

The last days of my summer bliss are dwindling away. I have one more full week before I have to start moving my head back into work space. In that one week, I have several major projects to complete.

Finally, after two years, I will rotary hoe the other, larger garden bed in preparation for planting. Researching the right combination and dosage of compost, chook manure, gypsum etc has been time-consuming and frustrating. So I may go with the theory of tossing it all together and hoping for the best.

A corner near my back steps needs work too. Just simple pavers before putting the bird bath and potted rose bushes in place.

Lastly, I have been delaying this one - removing all of the small filler stones in my front pathway, lifting and cleaning the non-working glue from the bottom of various siltstone and slate pieces and then using a tougher-than-Superman adhesive instead to hold it all together.

What will really shatter me after so long away from work???

The loss of my afternoon nap.
Sleep
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 1:14 am

Nay wrote:
rotary hoe
Never knew the Rotary Club has hoes.

DK, condolences on little birdy. Sad Do you have any idea what happened?
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 8:44 pm

Nay, you have more discipline and stamina than me to take all that on.

Donna, I'm so sorry about your bird. Crying or Very sad Ditto Julie's question: Do you know what happened?

Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 9:02 pm

I'm not sure. He was fine and dandy just a couple of days ago, then Tuesday night I came home from work and he didn't do much. I thought maybe he was just tired or came down with a cold. Birds can have heart attacks and strokes, though. I do know he would occasionally fall off his perch in the night and wouldn't be able to get back up. It must have been something genetic. I've had several birds and know they can get pneumonia, but then it isn't so sudden and they close their eyes. He died with his eyes open. He probably had a bad heart or something.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 7:41 am

Sounds like he had problems for a while, to fall off and not get back up. I don't know anything about birds except they're a lot higher maintenance than cats. And they're a lot more colorful.
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 4:50 am

I'm sorry you had to lose him. But at least you gave him such a nice and loving home while he was with you.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 9:07 pm

Random heat induced ramblings:

Holy cow, it's hot here today. High humidity, burning sun, minimal breeze. I've had the car air-conditioning on high, the fans are on max and I am still dripping with ladylike perspiration in 34 degree celsius mid-morning heat. Water might be all I consume today because I don't do well in this type of weather - I am a delicate blossom.

Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 12:18 am

i. hate. humidity.

feel for ya, naynay!
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 4:50 am

I feel for you too, Nay. I don't handle heat well either. So I know it might sound crazy to those who know just how humid New Orleans gets that I moved here. I'm not happy that we've been having such warm weather here in the winter. It's 68 degrees Fahrenheit (20 degrees Celsius) here at 2:45 in the morning. This does not bode well for what the summer's going to be like if the winter's this warm. I've been here in the summer. I believe July and August in New Orleans are two of Dante's levels of Hell. Just sayin'. Wink
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 7:42 am

Crap, that is awful, Emily.

Random:

I've just checked our temperature here and at 9.30pm it is 26 degrees celsius (79 faht) with humidity of 84%. Tomorrow is expected to be the same. Incredible that I had to wait until 4.30pm before I could go outside to do some garden work.

For your information peeps:

Dallas is 2/15 celsius tomorrow.
Atlanta is 12/16 celsius tomorrow.
New Orleans is 10/16 celsius tomorrow.
St Louis is 0/5 celsius tomorrow.
Parts of Florida are 20/26 celsius tomorrow.

... and Glasgow is 8/10 celsius tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 9:47 am

atlanta's summer humidity is like that all the time. i don't mind heat so much, but humidity sucks. i need to move.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 10:37 am

For all you humidity haters, think about this:
The humidity keeps your skin hydrated. Your skin does not lose as much water as in drier places. Compare your skin, especially your faces and hands, to someone who lives in drier places. You'll find that someone your age looks a lot older because of their drier skins that are full of wrinkles.

I'm used to seeing humidity drenched faces here in southeast Texas. When I judge Northerner's faces, I find I usually err around 10 years too old, e.g. a 40 year-old Yankee looks 50 to me.

I complain about the humidity, too. It's wet here. Every surface grows mold and mildew and eventually ivy. And I'm doing it without looking like an unwrapped mummy. (Being fat also contributes to the un-mummy look.)
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 8:26 pm

i moisture a LOT anyway, so i'd like to give it a shot. it would be nice to be able to actually get my makeup ON before it runs off and to not have frizzy hair, and to be able to breathe................
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 10:59 pm

When the air is dry, my hair gets all staticcy and frizzlike when I'm trying to brush it.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 11:02 pm

mine is curly, so i don't brush it. non humid air makes it all curly and fun. humid air makes it look like a brillo pad and no amount of product helps at all!
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 6:09 pm

While we're on the subject of hair and frizziness.....I have really thick hair. When I pull it back in a ponytail, especially after washing it, I get all these little frizzy, baby hairs sticking out that make me look messy. Since they're baby hairs, and not the length of the rest of my hair, they don't get pulled back as much as the rest of the ponytail because they're too short.

Any suggestions about what to do to make frizzy baby hairs stay down? I've tried using shampoos and conditioners that are supposed to moisturize dry hair, and I've tried putting a creamy gel thing on it after I wash it, while it's still wet. Nothing works. I guess I need something to slick that stuff back once it's in the ponytail.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 6:21 pm

I have the same problem, so if you find an answer....share with me please?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:56 pm

So you're all shiny, fuzzy people? Laughing

Random:

I received my new driver's licence in the mail yesterday. Because the technology had changed since my last one and the Dep of Main Roads admin officer was a sour faced old cow, I was a little concerned about the 'quality' of the photo. Customers can't preview the new licence before they are mailed out.

... my concern was justified.

Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:20 pm

Were you flipping the old cow the bird?

Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 11 380140_10150445682578981_183525008980_8531347_2020832053_n
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:27 pm

DonnaKat wrote:
Were you flipping the old cow the bird?
Mentally, yes. Twisted Evil But literally ... I just commented under my breath as I passed her next customer.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:00 pm

Note to self: When "Liking" a Facebook status, make sure no one from Thailand is reading.

Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 11 381804_349878318374961_205344452828349_1309934_1161770005_n

Subnote: Thailand's thumb is epically long. It's mesmerizing.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 2:32 am

That's actually new to me. I lived there for years. I didn't know the Vietnam or Philliphines ones either. Might have to do with me leaving that part of the world just as I turned teens. Hmm...don't know the French one, but I know the rest.

The thumb can't be obscene. That's the finger used by health workers to demonstrate proper condom use.
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 2:47 am

LegoJulie wrote:
The thumb can't be obscene. That's the finger used by health workers to demonstrate proper condom use.

Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 11 415251

Um, are you sure? Think about what that thumb is representing in the condom demonstration. Wink
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:43 am

I don't think polite society would use an obscene gesture in a medical demonstration. Or maybe that's why I (and kids my age) don't think of it as an obscene gesture, just a medical one. Or maybe it's a new one, after the condom thing.

When condoms were first introduced, doctors and nurses would stick up their thumb and roll a condom down the thumb. Not long after there came the joke that some farmer's wife still got pregnant even while her husband used a condom. They asked the husband how he used it, and he said like they showed him, by putting the condom on his thumb.

I was in 4th or 5th grade when family planning programs were instituted by the government. Condoms, pills, IUDs, vasectomies, spermicides, and family planning sessions were all subsidized. If they can pay, it's a token (like 25 cents for a month's worth of pills), if not, it's free. I learned about all those by studying posters and brochures. The posters have the products glued to them in the appropriate places. The condoms came in bright candy colors, and were smaller than the ones I've seen in the US. Probably racist to mention that. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 6:13 pm

Honestly, the two finger salute is only used by five year olds in the playground here and Turkey's gesture is one I have used many times when playing "I've got your nose" to nieces and nephews. Little did I know that I was telling them to f-off in front of their parents.

BTW France? Really? I use that to signal that everything's a-okay.

Random:

I started a new garden yesterday with my Lamarque climbing rose, four french lavendar and two rosemary plants. Bulbs are starting to intrigue me. Some experimenting may happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Say something random about you (Part 5)
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next