The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Say something random about you (Part 4)

Go down 
+7
Nay
Sharabella
Dallas
greyeyegoddess
kayanne
andrea
DonnaKat
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 34 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 7:38 pm

Is it bad of me that I'm trying not to see the videos or pictures from Japan? My heart breaks when I think about those poor people, and I just don't think I can bear seeing anymore suffering.

Random:

My vacation is half over, and I still haven't painted any of the promised pictures (the drawing doesn't really count ), or bought new kitchen chairs. Maybe tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 8:55 pm

sami_stardust wrote:
emily: les mis is my alltime favorite book. loved your quote!

Thanks, Sami!!! I've never read the book myself, but I'm in love with the musical. I think my favorite part is the finale when Jean Valjean and most of the other main characters sing a different version (than the one sung earlier in the show) of "Bring Him Home" that contains the quote I mentioned, and then ends with some of "Do You Hear the People Sing?" again to close out the show. It's one of the most moving things I've heard/seen because it proclaims God's compassionate love, as well as human kindness and the power of the human spirit and its quest for liberty.

Sharabella wrote:
Is it bad of me that I'm trying not to see the videos or pictures from Japan? My heart breaks when I think about those poor people, and I just don't think I can bear seeing anymore suffering.

It's not bad of you at all, Bella! I think that's normal. I'm the same way. I've limited what I watch about it on the news because when I do, I start crying. It's just too much to take in.

I totally get what everyone's been saying: Nay mentioning the cars that could contain entire families. Julie mentioning the “1,000 bodies washed ashore.” And PJ mentioning whole trains disappearing. It’s just too much unimaginable horror to take it all in all the time.

There are good stories too. I’ve seen news reports. I can’t remember the details exactly, but some things like a 4 month old baby and at least one family member with her being safe. I remember seeing relatives being reunited. It might have been a mother and daughter. There was also a woman who was visiting Japan who was trapped there without any way to call home, and the news reporters got her in touch with her sister to let her know she was okay.

If anyone is interested in ways to help the victims, I know an easy way to do it. You can text the word REDCROSS to 90999. They will tack on $10 (USD) to your monthly phone bill, and the money will go to the American Red Cross. I’m not sure if it’s just the people in the U.S. that have access to do this or not though. You can text them more than once if you want to donate more than $10. You can also go to their website: http://www.redcross.org/

You can also do this to donate $10 to the International Medical Corps by texting the word MED to 80888.

Both of these things I mentioned above, as well as how to contribute to quite a few other organizations, are listed here (as advertised on NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams here in the States):
http://dailynightly.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/03/11/6247271-japan-earthquake-how-to-help

Donna and Nay, if you think my suggestions above might be appropriate in another section, I’d be happy to post them there too to get the word out.

And Donna, regarding Nay mentioning you not being around, I hope everything is okay with you.

Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 5:40 am

You're such a kind person, Emily.

Here's an Irish pick-me up.

And here's what I played today to get us in the green mood.

Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 8:55 am

Nay wrote:
We called ourselves the Three Musketeers (and occasionally the Three Stooges) because we had an almost instant bond when we met. We'd catch up most weekends for a long Chat. Oggs was laid-back, Dallas was fiery and I was ..... uhmm .... a stirrer

That's so cool. Thanks for that.

And, again, Happy St. Patrick's Day to all.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 6:12 pm

Random Musings:

Another wet weekend coming up and so much washing to do.

Crazy Days And Nights website is going downhill fast. A waste of reading time most days.

The world is right to be scared of the Nuclear situation in Japan.

Prince William is visiting Queensland this weekend to offer his support to flood victims.

Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 6:19 pm

Meet the newest member of my household: Smile

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 25 Bird
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 6:44 pm

I hope the cats don't think he's for THEM. He's sweet.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 7:31 pm

I will make sure and put him where they can't get to him when I'm not around. They've been in the house with a bird before. In fact, the bird was there before they were, and he was OFF LIMITS!! lol
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 8:59 pm

Cute birdie.

Swimsuits are out in the stores. Sad Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 10:32 pm

oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you have a 'keet! i have a 'keet! what's his/her name???
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 10:50 pm

What a cutie, DK. His feather would look good sticking out of your cats' mouthes. Laughing

I've posted a few photos down below of the front garden that has turned into my obsession ... at least the start of the garden ... so much more to plant.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 8:32 am

He/she doesn't have a name yet. I used to have a keet named Beaker, he was my baby who got on my shoulder and preened me. I had him almost 8 years before he died.

It isn't my first bird, we've had plenty, but it's been a few years. The cats don't seem to really pay attention to it like they did Beaker. And Beaker was not afraid of the cats, which made me have to really watch them around him (and vice versa).
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 2:05 pm

He/she is so pretty and white and fluffy looking just like all the stuff we had all winter. In honor of that, maybe you name him/her----- Dammit.

OK, how about Scraper, Flurries or Flaky?
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 4:08 pm

I did think of Snowball.

There's also Whitey, Cracker, or Dandruff. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 6:52 pm

He/she is pale Moonglow colored, so how about Loony/Lunar/Luna? Or maybe Mist/Misty.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 11:48 pm

Cat Chow.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 4:46 pm

Random:

I just saved a poor, sickly green frog without screaming hysteria. I've come a long way, baby. Wink

What started three weeks ago as a way of supporting a friend has potentially turned into a two session per week fitness workout. I've not had a personal trainer before and after the first session, I have never ever had such sore arms in my life. But now, third week, I feel stronger and more sculpted (if that makes sense).

Several weeks ago I mentioned that I'd be heading to a concert with some friends to see a fine Australian folk/indie band - The Waifs. THEY WERE ....... FANTASTIC. Here's one of my favourite songs.

Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 7:14 pm

you saved a frog? i'm so proud.

and? the waifs are cool. loved that song!
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 8:04 pm

Nay is maturing!
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 5:18 am

Maturing?

Twue dat. One day I may even catch up to violingirlkissing, unleasheddogowning, giftcardhandingtostrangers people.

Dallas!!!!! My latest purchase:

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 25 Inconceivable_red1
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 4:59 pm

My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:43 pm

mandy rules.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 10:40 pm

Inigo Montoya: Who are you?
Man in Black: No one of consequence.
Inigo Montoya: I must know...
Man in Black: Get used to disappointment.
Inigo Montoya: 'kay.

Westley: There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world. It would be a pity to damage yours.

Random:

Saturday mornings with my early wake-up call (puppy licks), gentle-ish walk for the paper, hellos to strangers, gardening in the cool air are rapidly becoming my favourite time of the week.
Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 2:27 am

GIVE ME THAT SHIRT!!!!!!

Me wants.

My name is.........

Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 2:47 am

Truly one of the best movies ever.

Mawrige..............wuv, twue wuv........

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Say something random about you (Part 4)
Page 25 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 34 ... 43  Next