The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Say something random about you (Part 4)

Go down 
+7
Nay
Sharabella
Dallas
greyeyegoddess
kayanne
andrea
DonnaKat
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 33 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 1:29 am

Wow, didn't realize I wrote so much.

Let me edit:

Random:
Grrrrrr! Dallas is a top angry city in the US.
Back off f/ckers!!!!!

Oh, and Nay, pick up your dirty clothes. Then you wouldn't have a bra stealer in the house. Or at least when you do your dirty striptease at the end of the day, clean up your mess.

And close your blinds.

Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 9:37 am

Nay wrote:

Except I don't pinch other women's bras and roll around on them! [/font]

Well, maybe not YET. Wink
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 10:13 am

Nay, are you far away enough to not get tsunamis?

This morning an earthquake of 8.4 (or 8.9) hit northeastern Japan. It shook for like 5 minutes. Then tsunamis hit them, at least 300 bodies found. They are expecting tsunamis all around the Pacific Ocean, like New Zealand, Hawaii, and US West Coast. I wonder about Indonesia. Australia may be protected by Indonesia.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 5:00 pm

Dallas wrote:
Grrrrrr! Dallas is a top angry city in the US. Back off f/ckers!!!!!
This reminds of that Ghost Busters movie where the city was full of toxic anger and it spilt over into the residents. Does this make Dallas and Julie green slimy, dangerous monster/ghosts?? Shocked

Quote :
Oh, and Nay, pick up your dirty clothes. Then you wouldn't have a bra stealer in the house. Or at least when you do your dirty striptease at the end of the day, clean up your mess. And close your blinds.
I DO! On all counts, I DO!

PS. Stop looking through my blinds with your satellite, Dallas. Bud might be a thief but you're the perv. Laughing
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 8:26 pm

My sister in law's niece is in Hawaii, her hubby is stationed there. We were all concerned, but she let us know they're okay. She went upland to stay with some friends.

My heart goes out to all of those affected.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 9:25 pm

The Japanese earthquake has been described as 1000 times stronger than the Christchurch one two weeks ago. Australia is safe thanks, Julie. One thing to be grateful to the Indonesians for - acting as a natural geographical block.

I wonder at the synchronicity (karma?) of so many natural disasters on the heels of worldwide economic decay and middle eastern/african political and cultural upheavals.

Random:

With the flooding that has happened here in Queensland, combined with the various other financially draining occurences, I am worried for people's mental health. I suspect we may see a rash of very bizarre behaviours over the next few years.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 9:41 pm

At the risk of sounding "religious", I can't help but mention that these natural disasters are mentioned in the Bible as taking place during the "last days". Not to mention all of the political upheaval in the world right now.

"Men's hearts failing them for fear" I believe it says.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 12:02 am

Natural disasters happen all the time. Sometimes they're really big and affect many places, sometimes they seem to come one after another in one place. There's always been some natural disaster at work at anytime on earth, but we don't hear about all of them.

Didn't an Indonesian volcano just erupted in the last 72 hours?

The Middle East has never been at peace. Not even for a day.

I don't understand world economy. I know that having debts is bad, and everyone and every country seems to be operating in debt. We need to cut that out.

Richter scale for earthquakes:
Each number up in the Richter scale means 10 times the energy released by the quake. The numbers are exponents of 10.

2.0 quake is 10 times as strong as a 1.0 quake.
(10^2=100 compared to 10^1=10)

3.0 quake is 100 times as strong as a 1.0 quake.
(10^3=1000 compared to 10^1=10)

I've been in a 4.5. The buildings swayed and cracked a little, desks swayed, felt like being on a boat that just pulled up anchor or accidental step on a skateboard, a floaty dizzy lurch. No real damage except to really weak structures. Things didn't fall off shelves, but tall ones fell sideways.

The one in Japan was 8.9, that's 4.4 higher on the Richter scale, 10^4.4 ~ 15000 times stronger than I've seen. The one in Christchurch, NZ a couple of weeks ago was a 7.1, that's about 100 times less than the Japan quake.
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 1:05 pm

I will try to catch up later and I hope everyone is doing okay.

Had a rough few weeks and it seems as if nothing I do will solve the problems. Add concern for those affected by violence and natural disasters and it is challenging. It just seems harder every day to maintain my sunny disposition and not drag everyone else down. I just have to remember that every act of love sets you free and I try to keep loving.

Praying for all and for the world.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 5:45 pm

K's back! bounce

Spread your sunny disposition here. We always appreciate your take on things and we can help you find the funny side too. I've worried about you lately, my dear.

Where's Mrs PJ? She's been MIA for a while too. I hope everything is okay for her and hers.

Random:

Dallas!!!!

I watched 'The Social Network' last weekend. It was spellbinding - like a male soap opera with nerds. Impressively acted by Eisenberg and that Garfield guy but I can't say I liked any of the entitled, obnoxious main characters.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 6:36 pm

I was trying to decide whether or not to post my shame here for everyone to see, but what the heck. Rolling Eyes

I have a large living room that was simply too much to heat or cool, so I hung a tasteful sea green brocade curtain (to match the other windows----doesn't that sound classy? Well it beats a blanket, or one of my old table cloths) in the the doorway to block it off. It made it WAY too convenient for me to pull back the drape and throw in anything I didn't want to think about. (also a great place to throw Christmas shopping bags and gifts until wrapped---even the extras ---which tend to add up)

Anyway, with spring hopefully on it's way I pledged to take my room back before the people on Hoarders showed up at my door trailing cameras and dumpsters. So, having a week off, (and I knew I would run low on steam by day two) I grabbed my trash bags and fearfully pulled back the curtain and plunged in. At least the only living creatures I displaced were spiders, and nothing actually fell on me.

It wasn't quite as bad as I feared. It took five trash bags (I had a lot of empty boxes) and two Michael Buble' CDs to get the job done. (OK, it would have taken less time if I didn't stop to slow-dance myself around the floor a couple of times----sigh----I need a life.)

So now I can fearlessly (if need be) drape back the curtains with their antique white tasseled cords and say " Excuse the way it looks in here, I really need to give it a good cleaning."

Heck, maybe tomorrow I may tackle a kitchen cabinet------or maybe not. I did promise to do a little painting. *****wanders off in search of a cup of coffee*******
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 4:47 am

Shame, shame, Sharabella is your name. Laughing

Random:

A start has been made on one half of my front garden. Red and burgundy salvia, white hydrangea, dwarf red hibiscus, white ground cover as well. The four arbour posts have been trimmed and are ready for their side slats and the two pots are waiting for the white climbing roses.

Three casualties via pup-eating. Rolling Eyes

Next weekend, I'll post some photos.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 10:37 am

Are they pup-safe?

Bella, what's wrong with having a large closet? I need more storage space inside the house.
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 4:07 pm

My heart breaks for the people of Japan and the rest of the world affected by this disaster. But I agree with Julie about not thinking the disasters and political turmoil in the world are necessarily indicative of the End Days. I think every time period throughout history has had people suspecting the world was surely about to come to an end. I know it seems like the world's worse now, but I think of two things:

One, we live in the information age. Most of the stuff that is going on now (natural disasters, human atrocities, political upheaval) has always gone on. We just have the technology now to find out almost instantaneously what is happening in any country at any given time. In eras past, people either never knew what happened on the other side of the globe, or they had to wait hours/days/weeks/months to hear about it.

And two, nothing we are experiencing now is worse than many other dark days in history. I mean, think about the Holocaust (11 million people murdered) or the Black Death (1/3 or was it 2/3? of the population of Europe was wiped out). If events like those didn't mean the end of the world, then our times don't neccessarily either. I'm not saying we're not in the End Days. I just get suspicious of those claims. People are always worried about that.

kayanne wrote:
It just seems harder every day to maintain my sunny disposition and not drag everyone else down. I just have to remember that every act of love sets you free and I try to keep loving.

Praying for all and for the world.

This reminds me of a favorite quote of mine from Les Miserables: "To love another person is to see the face of God." You have the right attitude about loving everyone despite the bad stuff, Kim. But just because you're doing this, doesn't mean you have to maintain a sunny disposition all time. It's okay to break down a bit and get your troubles off your chest. No one can be happy all the time. You are not burdening anyone by revealing you are having trouble and are not happy. I hope that when you have the time, you'll share with us what you're going through because we're here for you.

It also hope PJ is doing okay too like Nay mentioned.

Bella, you are a more disciplined woman than me. I always put off cleaning.

Nay, the Buddy picture cracks me up. I have a friend who has a dog who put my friend’s bra on by putting her head through the arm hole and wearing it around her neck. She also has another dog who managed to get a pair of underwear on. Maybe Buddy has a future in cross dressing. Haha!

DonnaKat wrote:
May 15 prolific dictators empty their bowels in Nay's washing machine.

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 24 415251

Now that is creative!
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 6:36 pm

Hi, people!

4am jam session is weird.
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 10:13 am

Hi Girls. Whew, alot to catch up on.

Lot's of things happening in real life for my family and I. Thanks for asking, Nay and Em.

All that's happened in Japan and other parts of the world has knocked me for a loop. I, too, have had the thoughts of the "end days" too. But leave it to our voice of reason in Em to put things in perspective. There have been alot of times in the history of the world where the same thoughts would have occurred. I guess all we can do now is our continued praying for the people affected in these disasters and I don't think it would be selfish to pray for our own safety, as well, whether it be a natural disaster or some personal crisis.

Love to all.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 11:55 am

Peace, good health and safety to all.

I think that covers the essentials.

I like bananas.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 4:07 pm

PJ's back! Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 24 Runaround What's news, dahling?

Em, that was a very thoughtful post. You may be correct about the past's disasters and the contribution of technology to our awareness of current ones. I'm just not sure, on a more emotional level, that people experiencing these occurences are as resilient as their ancestors.

Now, on another topic, my pup is NOT a cross-dresser! Laughing He is a thief, plain and simply obsessed with me and my smell. Julie told me that and she is always spot on.

Julie, jamming with bananas at 4am? You lead such a fascinating life. Laughing

Hi to Dallas, DonnaKat, lillika, Peege88, sami_stardust and Sharabella. Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 24 166223

Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 7:25 pm

Nay wrote:
Julie, jamming with bananas at 4am? You lead such a fascinating life. Laughing
That is so NOT what I said.

I'm watching news about Japan. I'm having a really hard time trying to wrap my brains around the concept of "1000 bodies washed ashore." Can't imagine how hard it is for the rescue people having to pick up bodies in town and on shore. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 11:39 pm

The horror must be unbelievable.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 5:00 am

It is exactly that sort of scarring (caused by this disaster) that will damage generations to come in Japan. No-one in the vicinity will escape knowing someone or of someone who will have disappeared. It is beyond my mind's imaginings to think of how many lives were lost on that day. Even the images of the cars being washed away - each one could have contained a family.
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 10:22 am

What frightens me too, is how whole trains just simply disappeared. I keep thinking if only the tsunami hadn't hit.... And now the radiation scare for the people of Japan. These poor people are really being tested.

Oh, and Julie, I like bananas too. I eat one every day. I especially like the ones that aren't quite ripe yet. You know, the yellow ones that still have some green on the peel.

Nay, Dahling, so much to tell, so little time....jk I'll pm you soon.

Random: Nay, how did you and Dallas and Oggs become the three muskateers? Have you girls actually met each other in person?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 4:18 pm

Looking forward to that PM, PJ. We called ourselves the Three Musketeers (and occasionally the Three Stooges) because we had an almost instant bond when we met. We'd catch up most weekends for a long Chat. Oggs was laid-back, Dallas was fiery and I was ..... uhmm .... a stirrer. Laughing

Donna, I thought something must have happened for you not to be around. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Random:

One of the saddest earthquake photos I have seen is of an elderly man sifting through rubble looking for the body of his wife. There would have been no chance to say goodbye.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 4:29 pm

From the pup and I ...

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 24 Stpatrickssnoopy
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 5:14 pm

happy st pat's day, all!

emily: les mis is my alltime favorite book. loved your quote!
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Say something random about you (Part 4)
Page 24 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 33 ... 43  Next