The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Say something random about you (Part 4)

Go down 
+7
Nay
Sharabella
Dallas
greyeyegoddess
kayanne
andrea
DonnaKat
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 28 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 11:49 pm

He was an excellent actor and I remember him fondly in Romeo and Juliet, too. He was one of those actors that popped up everywhere.

RIP
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:04 am

I know I've seen PP in a few things. Looked up IMDb, I've seen him in Alien3, Amistad, Jurassic Park 3, and Aeon Flux. Very distinctive guy. RIP.

Re: Brassed Off
Never heard William Tell Overture with only brass before, only full orchestra with strings. The sound is quite different. The coronet soloist is very impressive.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 11:12 pm

Random:

I've just bought a 'Bazinga' t-shirt. Laughing

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 14 Bazinga-T-Shirt
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 11:24 pm

do we get to see you model it when you get it?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 5:08 pm

Alice ..... mebbe. Very Happy

Random:

I swear this rain is driving me close to the brink of insanity. After finishing a phone call to an uncle in my hometown to see how he is fairing - the river is expected to peak at 14m which will make it their worst flood in recorded history - and he tells me to stay put here and talk to my dog. I reply that Bud and I are sick of looking at each other.

No sooner do I end the call with 'Good luck' than Bud is found on MY END of the couch with a bone in his mouth. I roar; he jumps off with the bone; I proceed to tell him sternly that if he does that again he will be looking at the bone mournfully through the window when I throw it outside! He stares back like WTF?

See, I told you I was close to insanity.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 1:09 am

giggle, giggle...

I'm sorry Nay. If anything happened to you, I'd truly be sad, but you're handling your current situation quite well.

I pray that these rains end soon. I'm tired of cold weather, too.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 6:02 am

Nay, at least your phone is working. Do you still have electricity? Has it reached 38C?

You could go around the neighborhood with fresh baked cookies or cold drinks or wine or something. I'll bet everyone else is feeling trapped, too. Tie a little wagon to Bud and have him carry the food. That would be really cute.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 3:45 pm

Just spent the early morning...at work!

It was nice, people are nice, although I don't know how much of an 'up and a'tem' attitude you have at 4 or 5 in the morning.

It was really short-3 hours. It flew by like nothing. I don't mind the work right now, but I really need more hours. Or more days, or more projects.

We'll see. Hopefully I did well enough for the company to schedule me more often. I have another job schedule for tomorrow, but that's it for the month for now. Kind of weird.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 4:44 pm

Julie, telephone and electricity have not been interrupted but one electrical storm blew my modem. It's the poor drainage at my house that causes me so much concern. I'm arranging for a huge load of soil to be spread about on the back yard and perhaps under the house beforing installing a large trap and new storm water drain. Soil can be placed at the edges of the house but my problem is getting UNDER the house. Believe it or not, I have thought of that trailor/wagon idea with Bud except he'd be pulling dirt not cookies. Some may say my cookies would taste like dirt anyway. Laughing

Alice, you sound so excited. It's lovely to see after so many hurdles. But I don't quite understand the job. What are your hours based on?

Random:

Some media circles are saying the floods in Queensland cover an area the same size as New South Wales (another state approx 809000 sq km) and for those Northern Hemisphere peoples, a comparable size is the same area as France and a bit of Germany apparently.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 5:32 pm

I'm so glad Alice is working again! Happy

Maybe gradually building up hours at work is the way to go....you know, to get back into the swing of things.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:24 pm

Nay wrote:
Alice, you sound so excited. It's lovely to see after so many hurdles. But I don't quite understand the job. What are your hours based on?

Random:

Some media circles are saying the floods in Queensland cover an area the same size as New South Wales (another state approx 809000 sq km) and for those Northern Hemisphere peoples, a comparable size is the same area as France and a bit of Germany apparently.

Yikes!

Store Inventory, Nay. We work before or after stores are closed.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 11:25 pm

I did store inventory once for about 4 hours. I rather enjoyed it once I figured out how to fill out the forms. I like going through other people's stuff. Laughing Plus you're in sales without having to deal with customers, just their mess. I hope you get more hours.

Nay, sounds like you need to fill under the house first. Probably have to remove a lot of the panels covering the underneath. If you fill the yards and the house is a valley, you're gonna get a lake under your house. Not good. Really bad, actually.

I read that flooded people are really worry about snakes. Y'all's snakes are some of the deadliest in the world. Do you have a sharp bladed hoe or machete or shot gun handy just in case? Really thick leather or metal boots and gloves? You already have a snake bait.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 5:14 am

Nay, you can have a sump pump installed under your house. They grade the ground so that any water runs toward the pump, and the hole that the pump is in. The pump automatically turns on and starts pumping the water out from under the house (you can tie it into a drain, if you put drains outside the house, and then it drains away from the house) when the hole becomes full of water. There is a trigger that turns it on. They are common here in areas that flood or have a lot of ground water. It's really the only solution for removing water from under the house. You can have drains etc. outside the perimeter of the house, but because the crawl space under the house is below ground level, you will still get ground water pooling under the house - even with drains - when the ground becomes saturated with water (which happens with severe rain and the ground can hold no more water).

As for snakes, another use for a gun. I'll teach you how to be a deadly shot..... Very Happy We have rattlers and cotton mouths - very deadly. But no match for a gun. Then you can have a nice pair of snakeskin boots made......
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:19 am

Australia sounds a lot like Texas. Hubby killed a copperhead years ago with a machete. Father-in-law killed a coral snake with a hoe. I ran over a copperhead with a car.

I did stop once to let a colony of tarantulas cross the highway.

Sump pump sounds the best. Good investment. Get a mongoose, too. Oh, wait, snakes eat frogs. Nevermind the mongoose.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:27 am

Dallas and Julie, 62% of Queensland is ‘Flood Declared’, which, for our American readers, equates to an area 1.6 times the size of Texas. See ...... some things are bigger than Texas!

Here are some recent photos:

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 14 Snake-queensland-flood

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 14 Floods-snake_1796267i

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 14 Goanna-queensland-floods

The middle one is a brown snake - the world's 2nd most venomous land snake after the Taipan.

Alice - That's a good job if you don't mind shift work.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:33 am

Oh ... and Julie ... this is for the snake bait comment! Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 14 Middlefinger

Dallas, let me look into that idea. You're such a font of knowledge! I love your brain.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:12 am

I'm reading the Good Earth trilogy by Pearl S. Buck. These pictures remind me of some of the descriptions of the floods in China back then. This is from the second book Sons.

"...for the water spread in a sea on either side, and the dykes were crowded with huddled people. And not people only, but rats and serpents and wild things struggled to share that space with the people, and these wild things forgot their fears and tried with all their feeble strength to contend for space."

How is the little snake bait?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:17 pm

The wild things might forget their fear but me as a human thing WOULD NOT.

My pup is sick to death of being indoors but his Boss is sick to death of his muddy smelly feet when he is outdoors.

Random:

I only have 10 more days of holiday left. Where the hell did it go?? My list is not finished - concreting, weeding and an arbour design still to happen.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 7:48 pm

It's snowing here. The streets aren't bad, but the drivers are.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 8:14 pm

Donna, I could handle some snow. It would actually make a very pleasant change for a while. Have you been outside for a ..................................... walk??? What a Face

Random:

Slow drivers make my blood boil.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 8:18 pm

Um, no...I just got home from work. It was dark by the time I got home. It's very cold and it's snowing. Perving
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 8:56 pm

I just priced flights to Atlanta on Labor Day weekend and DragonCon sounds mighty tempting this year....very cheap if I book now....
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:01 pm

Nay, those pictures scare me, but it does make me feel bad for those creatures.

We had a little jolt about two hours ago. Was a wonderful thing to wake up to after napping from an early schedule.
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:59 pm

Nay, I am praying for your safety and I hope the damages are not too bad.

Alice--So happy about your job! Have fun!

DK--They are predicting snow in my neck of the woods, too. I am not sure if I am happy about that or not....

Just enjoying life with all its messiness, challenges and joys!
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 7:32 am

Random:

Today, Toowoomba - a mid-sized city in southern QLD - received 100mm (4 inches) of rain in less than an hour and, as a direct consequence, a small creek burst it banks. With no warning, an actual 2 metre high tsunami occurred. Two people have been confirmed dead and three children are still missing after being swept off a street corner. I know the exact creek and streets affected because I lived there for many years. The video links will show you only a little of the damage. The wave then passed down the mountain range and threatened small towns in the valley below.

Several other towns and cities throughout the state have been affected by repeated flooding - repeated ie. they have already gone under once.

More than 300mm (12 inches) has fallen on Brisbane's catchment area (the state's capital) in the past 24 hours. The only barrier between safety and devastating floods is Wivenhoe Dam to the city's north. It is already 40% over capacity.

Please say some prayers for all Queenslanders. We are doing it really tough at the moment.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/video/2011/01/10/3109971.htm

http://www.abc.net.au/news/video/2011/01/10/3109884.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Say something random about you (Part 4)
Page 14 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 28 ... 43  Next