The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Say something random about you (Part 4)

Go down 
+7
Nay
Sharabella
Dallas
greyeyegoddess
kayanne
andrea
DonnaKat
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 9:59 pm

You have SKYPEability! bounce

Yes, it is free, Donna. If you sign up for phone calls with them, you are charged.

Random:

I am home sick. Slept for a while. Now feeling antsy thinking about all the things I could be doing.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 10:00 pm

WTF? Shocked

Are the aliens here?
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 11:30 pm

Am I missing something? SKYPE? Aliens? scratch
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 2:28 am

Nay, better have your house checked for dangerous molds. You're hallucinating. Could also be all the dog dander and poop and pee you've been inhaling.

I don't use skype. In Warcraft we use Ventrilo to speak and hear each other. Usually one person pays for it monthly. Fee varies by bandwidth, like 10 users at once, or 25, or 50. It's interesting having 25 people all talk at once.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 2:33 am

I swear someone said they had Skype ... Aliens may have landed in Australia. Alert the media. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 9:55 am

Nay, my friend, I fear that it's time for an intervention. You have become a workaholic. Those are I-can't-set-down-cause-I gotta-keep-working deliriums and will pass if you actually sit down and do nothing for a while.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 9:15 pm

I do have Skype now. I just bought a new webcam and have been trying it out.

The cam is nifty neat, it does motion detection among other things. I did surveillance on my cats today to see what they do while I'm at work. Turns out, they sleep, groom and walk around. Just like while I'm here.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 10:18 pm

You expected they get up on hind legs, dance, call up their friends, and smoke pot?

I love phlebotomists. They take blood with one jab. If someone says "By law/rule/regulation I get (more than 1) tries", immediately ask for a phlebotomist. Otherwise you will turn into a purple pin cushion.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 10:39 pm

LegoJulie wrote:
You expected they get up on hind legs, dance, call up their friends, and smoke pot?

Yes.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 8:15 am

And what have YOU been smoking?

I finally got a flu shot. It hurts.
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 6:40 pm

Y'all crack me up! I still think Donna's cats are potheads. They just do that in a different room than the one she has the webcam in. They know she's watching. Cats always know........Aren't potheads paranoid anyway?

Nay, I will gladly give you pointers on how to sit on your butt, ignore household chores, do absolutely nothing you don't want to do, and not feel one damn bit guilty about it. For example, my accomplishments today include: eating, taking an online Mensa practice test (shamelessly gloating about that one), Facebooking, and watching both the E! True Hollywood Story of Uma Thurman plus an SNL special.

Yes, I'm livin' the dream. As they say, my future's so bright, I gotta wear shades. Cool
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 9:10 pm

Julie, phlebotomists? Next time, I'll request one and tell them a crazy Texan said so. Laughing

Seeeeeee .... DK got a webcam and Skype and posted so just before I did ... then she took it down. So there. I was not hallucinating. Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 22 642267

Emily, I have been sitting on my ascendus this weekend quite nicely, thanks. Now I go to lie down on my ascendus for a wee nap. What's with the mensa test, nerd girl! You may be out of my league now.
Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 22 Blowraspberry-1
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 6:48 pm

I'm still a bit nervous about Skype. Chatting via Skype means I have to make myself look presentable first.

Random: I love my new steam mop!
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 10:17 pm

I've Skyped in my gardening gear and my pjs before, DK. For you, I'll put on lipstick.

Random:

Doctor says upper respiratory infection (possibly bacterial) and high temp. Back to bed I go. I'll check in when I can.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 10:30 pm

Does this mean I have to put on pants and a bra?

It's almost like going to church. Razz

Random: men have short attention spans....and one tracked minds.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 11:10 pm

feel better, nay!

i only put on a bra under protest, DK! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 12:13 am

Nay, the Mensa practice test was curiosity to see if it would be worth my while to go to one of their centers/offices and take the formal one to see if I could qualify for membership. I was pleased to see that I did well enough for them to suggest I should take the real one. And I don't mind gloating about it one damn bit. Thank you very much. Wink But never fear, I could never be out of your league. If anything, it's the other way around.

And I'm sorry you're sick. Keep getting some rest and feel better soon! We need you healthy.

Donna, I'm with you on the SKYPE thing. The idea of webcams usually turns me off because of the whole having to get all purdy before you use it each time thing. No
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 1:17 am

You can skype without the webcam.

I've seen a list of some people I know who are in Mensa. I do not want to hang with those people. They are nerds of nerds. Don't care much for their activities either. I'd rather hang with geeks. At least geeks have personalities.
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 1:31 am

Hahaha! Well, maybe I'm a nerd AND a geek. Or maybe neither one. Laughing

So, I guess I didn't really know what SKYPE was to begin with. I thought that was the whole point of it, seeing the person while you're talking to them. What exactly is it then?
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 2:02 am

Skype is a program that lets people who use it to connect by sound through mic and headphone/speakers, and/or sight through webcam. You can connect and talk to one person, or conference/chat room with many, voice only or voice and webcam. They now have features of calling real phones from skype or calling into skype from a phone.

I think 1-to-1 voice is free and everything more you have to pay for.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 10:25 am

I passed the Mensa exam many, many years ago when I was fresh out of college. OK, not really that gifted, but I was VERY good at taking IQ test. (Couldn't do it now, I've lost too many brain cells over the years ) I didn't actually join because, at the time, I didn't have a job. Even I reasoned, what's the point of being smart, if your still out of work.

Skype sounds scary to me. Not for myself, but for anyone who might see the way I look around the house. Internet Bigfoot sightings would become rampant. Panic would ensue. I would actually have to start combing my hair when I got out of bed.
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 1:11 pm

I would really like to get Skype, if only to talk to my grandchildren. They already know what Grammi looks like, but it would be fun to see them as I talk to them. But I wouldn't know the first thing of going about setting it up. Is it hard? I know I have a webcam thingy in my laptop, but not sure about a microphone, etc. Can you Skype free internationally, as well?

Nay, I'm so sorry you are sick. You have to be careful, because bronchial infections can knock your socks off and you'll need them to stay warm, especially if you have the chills from your fever. bounce
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 6:03 pm

Crap, where did I miss that Nay was sick?

Get better!! I love you
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 7:24 pm

I'm nearly back to my fighting self, ladies. Thanks. Bud keeps looking at me coughing (with the tilty head) and thinking 'What's your problem?' Between that and pinching my tissues because I pay more attention to them, he has been moderately decent company at nap time. Rolling Eyes

I really enjoy Skype. It's free (other than internet costs) and allows people at distance to actually see each other as they speak. My little people can show me their latest clothes, dances, school work and drawings. One problem I've found is a slight delay in voice. My mother thinks she can speak as quickly as she does in real life on Skype and doesn't realise I need to reply at some stage. I would like to get a cordless webcam so I could walk around the house and show the latest work to family and friends.

Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 9:07 pm

glad you are getting back to your nay-ness. YAY!
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Say something random about you (Part 4)
Page 22 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 43  Next