The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Say something random about you (Part 4)

Go down 
+7
Nay
Sharabella
Dallas
greyeyegoddess
kayanne
andrea
DonnaKat
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 11:08 pm

The orchestra conductor is at fault. He was wrong. Fire his ass.

I read that later on Obama quipped that he had background music for his toast. I like that.

If that happened to me, I would have been surprised into ending whatever I was going to say, then complain later in interviews about how rude the Brits were for cutting me off.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 5:37 am

Fine answers, ladies. I'm not saying it was a deliberate move but I am saying a gaffe could have been averted by reading the faces in front of him or really listening to protocol from royal courtiers.

How does a President who is paying attention not realise that no-one else was raising their glass? Why also didn't he stop speaking when the anthem started playing? Sorry, but I have more faith that the conductor, who probably plays that piece very regularly on state occasions for Queen Elizabeth, knows his/her prompts.

A few other sources:

http://rightwingthinking.info/tag/proper-protocol/
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2011/05/obama-britain-gaffe-queen-elizabeth.html
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/the-hot-button/how-not-to-toast-the-queen-obamas-awkward-royal-gaffe/article2034461/
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/post/etiquette-lesson-in-obamas-bungled-toast-to-queen-elizabeth-ii/2011/03/04/AGOUpPBH_blog.html

Mind you, we have had a Prime Minister or two who have made gaffes with the Queen, including allegedly touching her (and we're part of the Commonwealth!). BTW: Royal etiquette dictates that the Queen not be touched unless she reaches out first.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/692302.stm

In my opinion, all politicians regardless of party, ideology, gender, educational background or religion are arrogant.

Random:

News reports are stating tonight that Libya's Gaddafi will enter into unconditional talks with rebel groups regarding a ceasefire. Alleluia.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 8:40 am

Ah well, I believe one highly placed Brit stated that the problems with American leaders stemmed from a lack of a royal background to train them, and they didn't stay in office long enough to teach them manners.

We are, what we are. Wink
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 9:18 am

We're here to escape royal rule.

I've never played for royalty, but I've been a church musician at Mass where I have to "read" the presiders. I have screwed up a few times by jumping in early, usually when the presider takes a longer than usual pause, or make certain expected or unexpected gestures. It's like an automatic reaction to start the music. Still, the fault was entirely mine. That conductor screwed up.

All politicians have to be arrogant. Otherwise they would be ex-politicians or never-was. I'm arrogant enough but I don't like being the center of attention.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 3:49 pm

Sharabella wrote:
Ah well, I believe one highly placed Brit stated that the problems with American leaders stemmed from a lack of a royal background to train them, and they didn't stay in office long enough to teach them manners.

Now that is witty! Who's the highly placed Brit, Shar? Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 32 646968

Random:

TGIF.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 8:37 pm

Sharabella wrote:

And we have good teeth. albino
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 11:09 pm

LegoJulie wrote:
We're here to escape royal rule.

EXACTLY, Julie.

The fact that we don't have one leader/monarch/royal family in power that was not elected, and does not serve at the will of the voters is one of the concepts that cuts to the very heart of what we believe as Americans. We would defend that right to the death. Therefore, I am very glad that we don't have politicians who were bred for their role for no reason other than their birthright, and kept in office their entire lives, regardless of the manners they would come away with in another type of government that they supposedly wouldn't in our own.

I don't mean any disrespect to the forms of government other countries have. I'm by no means suggesting that all countries should agree with us. But I will stand up for my own.

I am very proud that "we are, what we are".
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 11:37 am

That should be "who". Around here I usually hear "We be who we be."
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 7:59 pm

We be having good teefs. albino

Random: My boss's last day was today. I plan on haivng a wonderful 3 day weekend. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 9:10 am

I'm working Monday. Double pay is a good thing.

Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 6:05 pm

RIP Jeff Conaway.

Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 8:57 am

Record heat here today and I am not prepared for it! I now officially hate summer and wish I lived in a cooler climate.

Not much going on--just working hard and playing hard.

I hope everyone is well.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 9:23 am

Won't officially be summer for almost a month from now. We got to 95 this weekend. I think we hit 100 last week. This summer is going to be horrible.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 11:56 am

We are supposed to hit 100 tomorrow. That isn't so bad in itself. It's the 90 percent humidity that kills.
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 6:33 pm

Exactly. That's also why I don't care for saunas. I get one big long one every summer.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 6:39 pm

Yep. It's bad here. 70 percent humidity is a GOOD day for us! LOL!
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 8:41 pm

Hi, Kayanne!

Yep, the heat really sucks. It was humid and muggy this afternoon and just miserable outside.
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 9:29 am

Hi Em!

Our forecast calls for 10 more days of temperatures above 91 and high humidity. Snowbirds want a place they can flock to when during the winter. What do you want someone who is looking for a retreat from the heat?

Haven't kept up with GB and saw a movie had wrapped. I just come here to see how you are doing.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 6:06 pm

Hi Kayanne. All good here. How are you?

Random:

Public holiday today. I'm sitting at my computer with a torn tissue box, dirty bone and wash cloth at my feet. All courtesy of my pup trying to get my attention.

New pics - My rose bush in bloom and Bud with his sore paw.

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 32 Rosebushinbloom

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 32 Sorefoot
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 8:35 pm

Beautiful roses!

Poor Bud. What happened to his paw?
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 9:00 pm

Does Bud need a kiss?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 10:38 pm

Sami, he'll accept all kisses. Little sook.

The problem with his paw makes me feel guilty. He had been licking and lightly chewing on it for about two weeks. I thought it was maybe a fungal infection and he wouldn't let me look at it properly. My bad. A vet visit and $150 later and my pup had a poultice on his paw, lost a lot of pus and blood and had a huge purple bangade which you see in the photo. By the time I left his lovely vet's clinic, he had tried to pull the bandage off. Therefore, the extra electrical tape was added overnight.

Emily, he's high maintenance.
Laughing
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 9:04 pm

Poor Buddy... Sad
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 3:40 am

DK, poor Bud and I went for a jog today. Pet - graceful lope. Owner - gasping trot. Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 32 Greensmilies-023

Random:

Some random questions for you all - guests included.

Do you prefer sunrise or sunset?
Have you ever worn a fedora?
Do you experience deja vu at times?
What's your comfort food when sick?
Do you drink enough water?
Are you aging well?
Do you like ironing?
Holy crap! Can you believe it is June already?
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 8:38 am

OK--here we go.

Depends on the day
Yes--it was white
Yep, my whole life seems as if I've been here before
Chicken soup and crackers
You mean plain water? Yuck
I think I'm aging in dog years
No-but I do it so something about me isn't wrinkled
Just what I was thinking. Isn't it funny- the days seem longer but every year seems to be getting shorter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 32 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Say something random about you (Part 4)
Page 32 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 43  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Pantry Member Stuff :: Introductions :: Tell Us About You-
Jump to: