The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Say something random about you (Part 4)

Go down 
+7
Nay
Sharabella
Dallas
greyeyegoddess
kayanne
andrea
DonnaKat
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 30 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 10:55 am

I wear what is appropriate for that day. It's winter here so I won't pull out open-toed shoes for a few months and most of my heels are opentoe/sandal like. I was told by a friend that she couldn't wear sandals because her bosses felt like it was a safety issue. Are they afraid one of the littles would drop something on your feet and break a toe?

Random: I feel better today so I am wearing a great plaid skirt with boots and a new black sweater. Tomorrow will be a physical day so I will be in khakis and hiking boots. Either way, I am ready to kick some ass!
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 3:16 pm

More like the sandal wearer can get toes caught on something, or have something dropped on. Your school would be liable for your injury. If there ever is one, you will no longer be able to wear anything open toed.

A girl I know ran down the stairs barefoot, snagged her pinky toe on a stair rail post, and pulled the toe all the way out and back. It was still attached. She wasn't happy.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 4:49 pm

Reasons behind the 'changes' are a mixture of workplace safety and a desire for a professional look for staff. As usual, most wording is always couched in safety and sunsmart terminology. But unlike most white-colour workers, we do outside duty in the boiling Australian sun. Even the children's feet are hot, sweaty and whiffy in their covered shoes.

I just feel irritated at another blow to self-responsibility. So many practices and behaviours now need to have guidelines and procedures .... what has happened to common sense and good taste???

As someone who wishes to be respected by my students, colleagues and the wider community, I dress smartly but comfortably. I would no sooner be seen in sky high platforms than I would wear a plunging neckline to lean over a desk.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 6:39 pm

Nay wrote:
we do outside duty in the boiling Australian sun. Even the children's feet are hot, sweaty and whiffy in their covered shoes.
Aww, you poor things. Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 17 646968

Children in other countries with boiling and baking sun are required to wear shoes and socks. Some countries even teach their kids to wash their feet daily and put on clean dry socks everyday. Perving
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 2:12 am

I'm getting snowed in again. No
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 2:44 am

Nay, just don't wear underwear under your skirt.

That will help keep you cool and you won't even think about your feet.....

DK, there's a chance of freezing rain in Dallas tomorrow. WTH? It's been in the high 50s....
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 4:57 am

LegoJulie wrote:
Aww, you poor things.
Aww, Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 17 357855

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 17 646968
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 9:57 am

About to start snowing here too. I have to make in to work today and tomorrow. (They know that I only live a couple of miles away, so I'm expected to be there.) But after that, I'm off for a week.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 10:27 am

No snow here. We want snow here. WAAAAAAAAAH!
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 4:57 pm

Dallas wrote:
That's how women catch down under cooties, Tex. No

Random:

A big shout out to Alice, PJ, DK, Sharabella, Kayanne, Julie, Dallas, Sami, Luv, Peege, Irish, Emily, Andrea, Jewel and many others who make this such a friendly (and interesting) place to spend time.

How's life, ladies? Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 17 166223
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 5:06 pm

I didn't know Australia is so totally infested by pubic lice that they jump onto people's privates from the ground.

I ain't goin' there til y'all fix that issue.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 5:53 pm

Yep yep, it's a chronic health issue here, Julie. Basically, they're the opposite of drop bears - small and jump up rather than large and drop down.

I assume all southern Baptists don't wear underwear?? Wink
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 11:26 pm

Dunno. Never looked under Baptist skirts.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 12:37 am

Nay wrote:
Dallas wrote:
[font=Trebuchet MS]That's how women catch down under cooties, Tex. No

That's how some women catch a lot of things. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 9:53 am

Does not wearing underwear change one's behavior that drastically?
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 8:06 pm

LegoJulie wrote:
Does not wearing underwear change one's behavior that drastically?

Not unless you set down on-----um---- say----a metal lawn chair---winter or summer, and of course it depends on the length of the skirt. Shocked

As for the other things underwear-less women might catch, who said it was a change in behavior?
Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 7:22 am

LegoJulie wrote:
I didn't know Australia is so totally infested by pubic lice that they jump onto people's privates from the ground.

I ain't goin' there til y'all fix that issue.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 4:42 am

Bloody hell! This conversation really turned onto an itchy topic. I blame Julie.

Random:

It's the end of the first week back at work and my voice (and body) is just exhausted. I've ordered takeaway dinner and am deciding between a French rose and an Australian ale.

I love Friday nights!

Yes, I know. A thrill a minute.
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 11:42 am

Good Lord it's Friday! Where did the week off go?
Ah, now I remember. I had a cold, so I thought I would spend a couple of days on the couch, drinking hot tea, eating cookies ad watching TV or reading.
Hum----I do remember looking out the door at the snow falling---sipping my coffee---and thinking "Isn't it pretty? Doesn't it look cold? And I think I'll go play on Pogo games." Next thing you know, it's Friday and I have to do the stuff I planed to do all week. You know, cleaning, extra laundry (curtains, throws, etc), and cleaning out my guest room so I don't end up on the show "Hoarders".
Hey, I did replace two burned out bulbs, and that counts as doing something----doesn't it?

***Thinks about what every one else gets accomplished on days off (Heck, Nay practically rebuilds a house.) and hangs my head in shame.***

Time to get to work!
On the other hand----Most of that work would go a LOT better when it gets warmer. And I have a picture in my head of my neighbour's trees in the snow. I really should try to get that on paper.

***wanders off---makes coffee---closes the offending bedroom door--and----um--so on****
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 3:27 pm

Hey! We're lice-free here!

I never get anything done around here, that's why I never write about what I got done.

I asked hubby to make chicken and dumplings. I hope he remembers.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 8:26 pm

Random:

Well, I was so tired last night that I didn't consume the ale or the rose. A waste of 30 minutes in the bottle-o. Then I woke up at 3am and couldn't go back to sleep.

Sharabella, you make me laugh! I wish I could pay a husband (like Julie's) to do the jobs I don't want to do odd jobs. The list would be longer than my arm. A week of being sick is no fun at all so I hope you ate wicked things to make you feel better.

Julie, chicken and dumplings for dinner? Clear out the spare room for the pup and I.

Now, where's Alice lately? Has she been spending time with a person of the opposite sex (like DK has)??? Laughing
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 9:07 pm

Nay, I paid with my life, quite literally.

Bella, hope you're better.

Haven't heard a good joke in a long time. *sigh*
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 10:12 am

I saw my name in the same sentence as "sex"....how ironic.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 6:02 pm

Julie, life? Actually 'I saved my husband from a Texan rattlesnake' type of life OR 'My marriage vows = life'.

Random:

Today (Sunday), I'm starting an all-out-offensive on a May bush. It'll be messy, brutal and utterly unwarranted but I want it gone, baby gone. Friends are also coming by to dig out/take a few other plants. I might squeeze in a nanna nap this afternoon.

More bad weather here. Two separate cyclones are expected to cross the coast of Australia in two separate states. The wet season isn't over.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 6:12 am

Marriage vows are for life to me. The chicken and dumplings were delicious!

Your weather sounds a lot like ours in bad years with all the rains, floods, and hurricanes/cyclones. Best wishes that you and yours be safe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Say something random about you (Part 4)
Page 17 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 30 ... 43  Next