The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Say something random about you (Part 4)

Go down 
+7
Nay
Sharabella
Dallas
greyeyegoddess
kayanne
andrea
DonnaKat
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 30 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 2:17 pm

Wow, when Australia has a wet season, it has a WET season. Please stay safe.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 4:53 pm

Thanks, PJ and Julie. Hi DK Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 18 166223

Random:

Cyclone Yasi is being referred to as a monster due to its size (500kms wide) and its speed (30kilometres/hr). It's a Category 3 already and is expected to intensify before it crosses the coast tomorrow. Luckily for some (me!), it appears to have swung its tragetory towards far north Queensland. Believe it or not, the US Air Force has been providing us with information because it was outside our radar. It rivals Cyclone Larry in wind strength (280km/h) but is much larger in size.

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 18 Yasi-satellite_646
What on earth is happening in Egypt? Is this democracy and free speech in action? If so, BRAVO! I'd be sick of 30 years with the same guy too.

Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 6:12 pm

Blizzard warnings in my area and extreme icing has already taken place. I hope we don't lose our electricity.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 9:56 pm

Nay wrote:
Random:
Now, where's Alice lately? Has she been spending time with a person of the opposite sex (like DK has)??? Laughing

(bursting with laughter)

No, no, nay, nay.

Just extremely busy with Fassbenderwender news. Too much, I tell ya.

I woke up to hear about the news and the cyclone in your area, Nay. I hope you aren't too wet.

I also worked almost all day yesterday, and I'm really sore. My job is very physical, which I like and need, but still it takes a while to get used to it. Plus it was the first day of a full day of work. I spent today resting because I was told tomorrow will be another day like that.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 10:42 pm

We are supposed to freeze tomorrow night. Looks like we might get a little snow Thursday night to Friday morning.
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 12:13 am

Praying for all of you who are in the path of any bad weather.

I am trying to check in from time to time. State of the Union; health care reform, Egypt and the day to day has kept me slammed.

And honestly, GerButt has no appeal to me anymore. Gay, straight, bi, buried under models, the misunderstood loner or whatever he is bores me now.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:49 am

Nay wrote:
What on earth is happening in Egypt? Is this democracy and free speech in action? If so, BRAVO! I'd be sick of 30 years with the same guy too.

I think that is part of it, but I think the main reason it is happening NOW is more because of the economy etc. and 30-40% of the people living under the poverty level (less than $2 per day) than political ideology. If the living conditions were better, I'm not sure that there would be the uprising - at least not right now. They seem to finally be making a connection between living under a dictator and their living conditions. The world wide economic woes seem to have worsened the problems in Egypt.

Unfortunately, you have the Islamist Extremists- The Muslim Brotherhood (who are jihadists and are governed by sharia law) stirring the pot and trying to make a move politically. Some speculate that this uprising wouldn't have been possible without the support of the MB.

If the MB gains power, then you can almost guarantee 2 things: The first being that there will be major conflict with Israel, and possible (well, probable) war. The second is that al-Qaeda will have another safe harbor.
There will be major instability in the Middle East and of course it will affect oil prices which will affect economies world wide.

It really is scary what is going on right now.

Sorry, I'll shut up now. Not the place.

Something random:
We are going to get 1-3 inches of snow and sleet.
ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, and we are having the coldest weather that we have had in YEARS this week ---just in time for the Super Bowl (and it was in the 70s this past weekend!). The two teams arrived today and I'm sure they are thrilled (but used to it).

Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 9:47 am

It is really scary what's going on right now, and not just in Egypt. The cyclone and flooding in Australia, the blizzards here in the States, the economy, etc. The world's going crazy (even more so than normal it seems).

Keep safe, Nay. Quit being a baby, Dallas....just kidding! Everyone stay safe, you can have an accident in 3 inches of snow as much as you can with 3 feet.

Speaking of which, they're measuring it in feet here right now. I'm not at work, but my boss is. And he's sick too. He's either overly dedicated, or just plain nuts. FEMA has been called in and they're declaring an emergency for the entire state of MO. Anyone would have to be nuts to go in to work when they have the option not to.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 9:50 am

The freezing water (in whatever form) is suppose to pass about forty miles to the north of my town, while we get possible heavy rain/storms/tornado's. After the ice storm of two years ago, a lot of people are expecting the worse, and a little panic has set in. If the jet stream dips a little south of the Ohio river, it could happen again. I hope not, I really don't want to go nine freezing days without electricity again.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 9:57 am

Losing electricity is my biggest concern right now. They keep saying it's going to change over to snow, but at my house all I'm seeing so far is ice and sleet. My parents are probably getting even more ice because they're south of me.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 10:06 am

Ugh. I have slept only a few hours. The storm hit and was so loud it woke me up - ice slamming against the windows and my skylights. It's solid ice here. DFW airport is closed. All the schools are closed and the wind is 47 miles per hour. I'd take a foot of snow over 3 or more inches of solid ice. Glad I went to the store yesterday.
Guess I'll get under my electric blanket and watch a movie. A lot of businesses are closed, there's some power outtages and I'm dead tired. Windchill is in the single digits.....damn it, this is Dallas!
I wish I was in the Caribbean right now. (Did I mention that it was 70 on Saturday? What a difference a couple of days make. Global warming, my frozen ass.....)

Good news is that they are saying it will be in the 50s on Sunday for the Super Bowl.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 4:44 pm

Stay warm and safe and power up what you can (ie. cell phone) while you can, Dallas, Julie, Sharabella and DK.

A news reader has just stated that there is enough energy in Cyclone Yasi to power the world for a year.
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 8:47 am

Praying for all of you in the path of the snowstorm/icy weather and for you Nay, in the cyclone. I have been watching the news all night. I hope everyone checks in when the can.
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 12:40 pm

Same is going on here, in Northern Illinois. Our area has 24 inches of snow and it's still snowing. It's been snowing since Monday night. the county next to us has shut down! And we're under a wind chill watch for tonight with wind chills in the -20 to -40 range. But cold is cold and I don't think anyone can tell if it's colder once it hits the single digits whether above or below zero.

You're right, DK, everyone has to be careful, no matter how much snow is on the ground.

Dallas and anyone in the ice storm areas, stay safe, as well. Ice is the worst.

This is crazy, I tell ya.

And, Nay, continue to stay safe. That cyclone sounds powerful. How much more can your country take?

Take care, everyone.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 4:23 pm

Cyclone Yasi crossed the Queensland coast at lesser populated centres of Mission Beach/Tully last night around midnight last night. Locals are waking up now and viewing the damage done. The larger centres of Cairns and Townsville have been spared. I have some maps to show you the trajectory and comparison charts that might surprise some North Americans. Someone has even projected the size of this cyclone over a map of the US.

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 18 Feb2yasi-tracking-110202-0501

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 18 Cycloneyasioverusa

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 18 250467-cyclone-comparison-graphic-inside

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 18 104814-relative-size-of-cyclones

Those in the midst of those awful ice/snow storms, take care. Look after your elderly neighbours and the very young. I have no experience with the viciousness of cold weather so I can only imagine how scary it must be when you are freezing and lose the power to warm yourself.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 5:16 pm

Ugh, don't remind me of Katrina. It reminds me of her sister that came a month later, Rita.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 7:15 pm

Snowzilla has left the building and left Jack Frost in charge. The storm was bad, but it didn't hit as hard as predicted for most areas. I say most, because depending on where you were you may have 2 inches of snow, 15 inches of snow, or as was my case, about an inch or two of ice and sleet and maybe 3-4 inchest of snow on top. I don't think where I live got hit as hard, but it's harder to clean and probably harder to drive in because it's ice and sleet. Missouri's biggest highway, Interstate 70, was completely shut down last night going both ways from just west of St Louis to Kansas City. That's about a 250 mile stretch. I've been off work for two days but have to go back tomorrow, so I hope they can get the roads clear. Heck, I hope I can make it out of my subdivision tomorrow. I already got stuck in my driveway earlier. Rolling Eyes

Nay, that's some storm.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:18 pm

DK, take some food, drinks, warm coats and blankets, a good flashlight, charged phone, window scraper, and a shovel with you.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 12:01 am

Random:
I have a Fine Young Cannibals earworm thanks to a Facebook post that I saw (which cracked me up).

Quote :

Aaron Crocker
‎.....Gerard Butler if you're reading this, please come home, all is forgiven

Aaron Nicholls ‎"Gerard, we worry, wontchya come on ho-ome."

https://www.facebook.com/thebeautyprocess?v=wall

And now you will too.......YEA Fine Young Cannibals!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 12:05 am

Random:
They just showed a woman on the news who had on ice skates and was skating in the middle of the street doing turns and jumps etc.
It was AWESOME!!!!

Guess it's safer to be skating down the street than driving down it.

Edit to add: Found the clip. Check it out!
http://www.wfaa.com/video?id=115187064&sec=553117
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 4:12 pm

Hi y'all. How are the snow pelted people? Have airports and roads re-opened?

At this point in time, I would definitely prefer to be experiencing winter. All weekend and leading into this week, we have had high humidity and hot winds. Walking outside feels like someone's thrown a wet blanket over your body.

My weekend was very productive. I'm a little worried that I may have forgotten how to relax. Laughing

Random:

Has anyone watched the movie 'Easy A'? I loved it! Terrific writing but Emma Stone was perfect.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 7:13 pm

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 9:05 pm

No snow. Got a little ice. I'd take ice and snow anyday over hot and humid and floods and hurricanes/typhoons/cyclones. I know snow storms can be horrible, but the feet of snow don't flow downhill and flood out people like rain.

So far the stupid bowl commercials are lame. I'm glad the Steelers are losing. Never liked them since the 80's against the Houston Oilers.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 10:03 pm

Random:

Christina Aguilera needs to learn the words to the national anthem.

Fergie is no Axl Rose.

I thought things were looking up when Slash appeared, but when Fergie did her best Axl Rose impression complete with the snake dance move and then topped it of with a shimmy......a piece of me died.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 10:12 pm

Christina made me cringe and Fergie's Axl Rose impersonation made me throw up in my mouth a little.

Other than that, it's been a great game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Say something random about you (Part 4)
Page 18 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 30 ... 43  Next