The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Say something random about you (Part 4)

Go down 
+7
Nay
Sharabella
Dallas
greyeyegoddess
kayanne
andrea
DonnaKat
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 7:36 pm

I voted first thing this morning and wore my little "I Voted" sticker all day. Very Happy

Right now I'm watching the election coverage. I might not be an expert at politics, but I like to be as informed and involved as I can.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 10:47 pm

I'm watching it too.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 5:36 am

Republicans rule?

What is happening with the world that Republicans rule? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 9:05 am

Nay wrote:
Republicans rule?

What is happening with the world that Republicans rule? Razz

Same old---Same old Rolling Eyes

The only real change is, that after election day, we don't have a politician ripping up another politician on TV every ten minutes (or less). They will now save it for once or twice a day. Wink Our strength is in our people, not our politics, so the world goes on as usual. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 10:49 am

sad, but true, sharabella.
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 3:50 pm

Sami and Sharie, I gather Nancy Pelosi has been knocked off her perch? Dallas will be THRILLED.

Random:

It's lightly raining here today. That should cool it down some and probably call off 'Friday Sport' - yah! cheers

Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 5:32 pm

dallas isn't the onlyn one who is thrilled.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 6:12 pm

Who's Nancy Pelosi? Is she a bird?
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 11:02 pm

Oh goodie, we can now go back to the good old days of 2008. Rolling Eyes

Nothing will ever get done now. Both sides fighting and bickering, with nothing ever getting accomplished. Neither side can create jobs out of thin air. American jobs are lost because they got sent overseas when they found out they could pay someone a fraction of the cost for the same job in another country. Americans are suffering while we fund a war we never had the right to become involved in.

Change needs to happen, but it won't come from the Republicans OR the Democrats. Neither side are for the common man, these days. A true revolution needs to take place, I'm afraid - and NOT from the GOP OR the Democrats, but the people themselves.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 11:07 pm

i'm with you, DK. i've been saying for a long time that, as sad as it is, a revolution is going to have to happen. it's going to have to get scary before things start to turn around. the comman man is going to have to do it, coz there isn't a politician alive who can or will.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 11:22 pm

Politicians have people and groups to pay, those who help fund their campaigns. It's all about the almighty dollar. The poor and middle class are lost in the hoopla, in the meantime. As it has always been. The poor always suffer.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 11:46 pm

it has always been this way. makes you wonder if REAL change is even possible.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 6:53 am

US National Debt is running around $13.5 trillion. That's $13,500,000,000,000.00. The USA gives out tens of billions of dollars every year to foreign countries. The countries we outsource jobs to also get foreign aid money.

I don't understand. The country is $13.5 trillion in the hole and it continues to give away many billions of dollars, and tons & tons of jobs.

I really don't understand.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 9:19 am

Sometimes I think politicians think it's all a big game. Monopoly on a world scale. They trade off money, property and jobs, without thought of the people involved or destroyed in the process, just to say they won the game. I guarantee that for every tax dollar lost or given away at least a penny goes into the politicians pocket (excuse me--election fund) without a thought for the ninety-nine cents lost to the people that actually work for a living.

I understand some world aid, but why to countries that hate us and will continue to hate us? Ninety-nine percent of the U.S. tax dollar should stay in the U.S.

What happened to tariffs on manufactured products brought in from outside?

I sometime think that instead of electing representatives, they should be chosen, like juries, from people that actually pay taxes.

And don't get me started on the "welfare state" we have become, and the welfare mentality that goes with it.

Sorry if I offended anyone------no I'm not.

***climbs off of soapbox****
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 11:50 am

I had another friend die--this one was sudden and without warning. I have just been dealing lately and probably will be very withdrawn for awhile.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 12:09 pm

I'm very sorry to hear that. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 12:59 pm

They are indeed.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 1:22 pm

so very sorry, k. will be praying for you.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 6:02 pm

K, you've certainly had your fair share of sadness lately. I'm beginning to think you need a holiday from such stress, both personal and professional. You'd be welcome in Australia any time.

Random:

I'm beginning to see Sundays as another work day. Sad isn't it?
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 6:24 pm

So sorry to hear about your friend, k. It makes a person appreciate more and more the people that one has in their life. Such events, recently, in my own life, have made me do the same.

Random (and way off course): My British friend wanted to see Love Never Dies, so while we were in London in September, we saw it. No
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 4:07 pm

Not good, PJ? I'm not surprised.

This young lady won Best Break-Through & Best Female Artist at last night's ARIA Awards. It was also Powderfinger's last televised performance .... sniff
Sad

Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 11:34 am

Thanks for the well wishes. My community has had a lot of tragedies this week. Strangely enough, wishing P.S. I Love You comforts me just like it did a few month ago when I was hit with a lot of death so I watched it and cried myself out this weekend. I know it sounds strange but I am feeling better.

Nay--I am wanting to go to Australia one day. Don't be surprised if I make it one day.

Getting ready to head to Michigan next week. I bet it's going to be cold.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 5:50 am

How are you feeling now, K? Come on down to Australia anytime. Just swing by Texas and collect Dallas and Julie and then go north for Alice, PJ, DK, Sami, Sharie etc etc etc ............. Cripes, just have a GB Goat Herd Convention down here! Laughing

Random:

I'm praying for rain so that Touch Football is called off and I don't dagnabbit care if that makes me a bad person. My weekend will be spent on my sweet patootie writing, typing and generally complaining.
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 9:54 am

Nay--I am good, just tired. The funeral was yesterday but I didn't go. My friends and I are having a gathering to remember his life this weekend.

I have lived in a few places because of work and I have a tendency to absorb myself into a community and get close to people. When people go through tough times or pass away it stings badly. But I am so thankful for those communities of people I love because those people are what is important.

I am all up for an Australian vacation, Nay. Maybe I could win the lottery. Well I would have to play it, first. I will pray for rain with you.

How is everyone?

Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 4:27 pm

K, that sounds like the perfect way to remember a friend. There's nothing wrong with immersing yourself in a community - it would be more of a worry if you'd didn't.

Random:

I think Bud and I need a Personal Assistant. Yesterday, he was due for a Doggy Wash and I double booked myself. Then to make it worse, I dressed in a hurry for our walk with his beagle friend and I put my shorts on backwards! Explains why my keys were swinging behind me & the crotch was twisted. Luckily, my companion didn't notice.

Applications are now open.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Say something random about you (Part 4)
Page 5 of 43Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24 ... 43  Next