The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1

Go down 
+12
LegoJulie
pamelajane
Helena
Dallas
LadyNOLA
Oggy
Birdseed
greyeyegoddess
Nay
Steph
Leo
DonnaKat
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 6:32 am

I tried to get one of those magnificent 80's spiral perms back in the 80's, and it didn't work. In fact, it dried my hair out so bad I never got another one. I'm so glad straight hair is in again.

As some of you might know, I've been embroiled in Chryslergate these past couple of weeks. I am happy to report that I was finally able to get my tires replaced...at the cost of $808.15 for tires and labor, another $150 for a rental car, and another $30 for replacement lugs. BTW, the $150 was pretty uncalled for because the tire replacement guy got the wheel locks off all 4 tires in a matter of about 2 minutes...something two different Chrysler dealers couldn't do, and one actually broke their tool trying to do (or so they claim). Had Chrysler been able to do their job to begin with, I wouldn't have been out $150 for a rental car in the first place, not to mention the lost overtime wages (something I so desperately need right now) due to having to leave work early last Friday.

Now this morning I have to take the same car to the Chrysler dealer to get the A/C fixed. Thank God this is under warranty, and I hope to goodness they provide me a loaner, because if I have to spend another $100+ on another rental while they have to do what they said might turn into a 2 day job, I'm going to be royally put out. I also hope they do a better job of repairing this than they did trying to fix my wheel lock problem.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:50 am

DK, do you have rental on your car insurance?
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 4:42 pm

Good thing you are working...I had to fix major work on my car and sans job and lack of funds on time, killed me.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:35 pm

I'm using credit cards to pay for everything, it's going to kill me. I have rental on my insurance, but only in case of an accident. It doesn't cover "maintenance". Rolling Eyes

The latest in Chryslergate...I had to get another rental today to the tune of about $40. After having it in the Chrysler shop from 7am, finally I get a call at 3:30pm stating it's the solenoid that's out, they'll have to order the part but it will take at least 3-4 days. I told them to put the thing back together, because there's no damn way I'm going to rent a car for a week out of my own pocket waiting for them. Once the part comes in, I'll schedule YET ANOTHER appointment. This makes 4 trips to Chrysler, 2 rental cars/4 days worth of rentals...and they still haven't fixed a damn thing.

I guess I'll have to schedule the repair on a Saturday and just sit there all day.

And to top off my lovely, wonderful day...a soda burst in my newly scrubbed refrigerator. Now I have to wonder if the thermostat is going out on that or something. I cleaned it last Sunday, including vacuuming out the motor. Did I clean it too good? scratch
Back to top Go down
andrea
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor

Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:43 pm

well those damn cars cost always a lot of money and I have not a car I have a bike too lol
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 4:23 am

Nay wrote:
Dallas wrote:
It was a beautiful 80s perm ...
EARTH TO DALLAS!
Like Nessie, Bigfoot and ANY maritally faithful Kennedy, beautiful 80s perms are a fallacy, nothing more.
The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 37 Fencing

Au contraire, in the 80s they were the bomb.

Now, not so much. Kind of like shoulder pads....
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 4:50 pm

Agreed, not so much now. Laughing

Shameful Secret #2:

I want one.

Back to top Go down
andrea

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 5:08 pm

what a cute moment !
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 7:08 pm

Who wouldn't want one after seeing that?

I love bulldogs!
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:41 pm

I have a friend with incredibly eclectic musical tastes. Here is someone he has just introduced me to: Eliza Gilkyson.

Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:54 pm

That's a good song, Nay. Thanks for sharing! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:57 pm

i love it, nay! thank you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 9:21 pm

Lazy Sunday music
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:39 am

Good song, Nay. BTW, how was the wedding and how did Buddy do?
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 9:28 am

Nay, Nay?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 3:39 pm

PJ, PJ, my sweet ... here is what I posted in the Say Something Random thread:

My friends' wedding was simply lovely and only involved close family and friends. I know everyone says they prefer a simple, small wedding but this was it personified. Celebrant at their home in backyard with marquises, soft lights, white linen, good grog.

When I arrived on Friday night, dinner was pizza and Moet & Chandon champers. Hahahaa! That set the tone. Saturday morning was atwirl of appointments and deadlines ... flowers, make-up, hair, caterers, table settings, wedding cake etc. The bride (who made her own stunning lace-over-satin dress) was early and sent a message downstairs to the groom that she hoped he had started to get dressed - he hadn't! He was too busy talking to people.

Bride teared up during ceremony and groom had quaver in his voice. I was their chauffeur to the riverside for late afternoon photos and selflessly threw a bottle of cold bubbly and crystal flutes in the back of the Toyota for them. I didn't indulge too much at all. Gabfest with some old friends and some juicy gossip about former work colleague. Lots of laughs with a hilariously tipsy nun. She has a dog called Mr Darcy - isn't that cute? We Catholics know how to have fun, don't we? All over redrover by 10.30pm when extremely loud dj finished his last set of truly awful songs. Bride and groom have vastly different tastes to moi.

Home yesterday after breakfast (and quick trip to huge liquor barn). When I drove into my yard, I tooted three times. My pup, who had been staying with my neighbours, didn't even greet me at their door. He was snoozing on one of the lie-lows on the back deck. Fickle male didn't even raise a cheer when he saw me! Just stretched and yawned and gave a little wag! After sharing photos, cup of tea, wedding cake and stories about pup's behaviour over weekend, we walked home.

It was good to be back in my own bed, even if someone small and furry snored close by. Sleep
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 4:29 pm

Wow, what a wonderful weekend. And ya gotta love a tipsy nun!

Isn't that like a male not to greet you when you walk in the door. Here you are, worrying about leaving him and he doesn't even give you a "Relrome Rome". But it also means he was well taken care of, while you were gone.

I'm glad you had a great time and I know Buddy is happy that your home too.

Question:
Was it you and Buddy that had tea and wedding cake and shared photos? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 4:44 pm

The Budster does not eat human foods such as cake. The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 37 646968 He is on a strict pup-only diet.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 4:50 am

A Glaswegian.
Back to top Go down
andrea

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 2:37 pm

wont work that video ... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:27 pm

although I can't see the video, is it another long lost talent?
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:39 pm

Went to YouTube and watched this. Made me cry since I am leaving my old life behind for a new one. She has an amazing voice. Thanks for posting this Nay.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:54 pm

Man this kid is all over the web today. He made the national news and I just saw a story about youtube and him on ABC's Nightline.

He's a twelve year old six-grader from Edmond, OK (suburb of OKC). He'll be on "Ellen" tomorrow. Apparently he just put up this video up around a week ago.

Read more here:

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/videogaga/39067/little-lord-gaga-greyson-michael-chances-paparazzi-is-a-web-sensation/

http://www.popeater.com/2010/05/12/greyson-michael-chance-oklahoma-youtube-singer/

Rock on with your bad self, Greyson!
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:56 pm

Maybe I should have put my previous post on the "Say Something Random About Yourself" thread with the comment:

Random: I find this kid more entertaining, mature, and talented than Gerry lately...... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 2:51 am

He has a sizzling voice.

Now I feel like a dirty ol' woman. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1 - Page 37 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 1
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next