The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Ranting Thread

Go down 
+25
andrea
jherriot
sami_stardust
AimeeMarie
celticwhisper
GerrysJewel
Misty
LadyNOLA
beguild
pamelajane
Dallas
kimmy67
gindolin
Oggy
Nay
Lemuria
Sharabella
SuZQz
Helena
Steph
LegoJulie
Birdseed
greyeyegoddess
Leo
DonnaKat
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

The Ranting Thread - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 8:05 am

I doled out around $130 counting shipping for one of those 250GB XBox hard drives, only to discover when I got it yesterday that it didn't fit in my XBox. It's my fault, I should have been more careful ordering. I have the new XBox 360 S, which takes a different hard drive. The cost was about the same, so I went ahead and ordered (hopefully) the correct one.

Here's the problem, however. The site I ordered the wrong one from, in order to return it I have to contact the manufacturer first, then get a number or something for the site I ordered it from before returning. When I do return it, I have to pay the shipping to have it returned, plus a 20% restocking fee. I'm thinking it might be easier to go ahead and try to sell it to someone.

Does anybody know anybody who'd like to buy it? I'd part with it for about $100. It's brand new and comes with the transfer cable. Should I try selling it on Ebay?
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 4:53 pm

Actually, I would suggest selling it on EBay, Donna. People seem to like techno gifts at Christmas time so someone may pick it up for their beloved.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 8:36 pm

Hate when technology doesn't fit.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 9:33 pm

Yeah, I have this love/hate relationship with technology right now.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 6:00 pm

my sister took my niece kitty, brooksley, to the vet today to have her spayed and she died shortly after the surgery. the vet has no idea why. offered to do an autopsy, but it won't bring her back. we are heartbroken.
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 6:28 pm

That's sad on any day but especially so just before Christmas, Sami. Maybe if the vet did the autopsy, you would at least have an answer.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 8:16 pm

That's horrible! I'm so sorry. Sad
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 10:06 pm

Oh, Sami! I'm so sorry!!!!!!

I agree with Nay though. It won't bring her back, but it might be good to know what happened. If nothing else, it might teach the vet what to look out for next time he performs the operation so it doesn't have to happen to someone else.

((((((HUGS)))))))))
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 12:11 am

I am so sorry. Poor kitty.

Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 11:57 am

I'm sorry to hear such sad news, Sami. Also, what a shock that must have been to have something like this happen after a routine procedure. Take care.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 6:16 pm

Sami, so sorry about the kitty.
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 10:50 pm

Sami, sorry to hear about the cat. Pets really are like family.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 1:06 am

Why do kids think when they turn 18 they can automatically begin disrespecting their elders? Um, hello... I EARNED the right to be a crochety adult, and I will SMACK the smugness off of your face, kiddo.

Maybe it's a good thing I don't have kids. I don't do the "time out" thing very well. I'd be all "I'll slap the TIME OUT on your ass".

And for the record, I'm in my 40's and I STILL don't disrespect my elders. I'd be afraid to with some of them. Wink
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 2:45 pm

DonnaKat wrote:

And for the record, I'm in my 40's and I STILL don't disrespect my elders.

Then I see that I'm safe, Donna! Wink

Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 3:51 pm

Umm, who was the idiot with a death wish, Donna? A family member? Wink

I met a friend's mother for the first time a few days ago and I called her 'Mrs S'. She corrected me several times asking me to use her christian name. I did finally but it felt weird. My parents trained me to call my elders (significant age difference, PJ!) by their proper name.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 5:59 pm

Yep, a family member. I guess she thought she was being 'cute' by making fun of me and my brother in front of the rest of the family. I found it rude.
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 2:50 am

I know what you ladies mean. I work with small children, and it just amazes me how some of them speak to adults.

And Nay, I'm of that same school of thought too. People address their elders by their Christian names alone too often nowadays.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 8:16 am

I have friends I call by their first names who are in their 70's and 80's. This started when hubs and I joined the adult choir at church. Everyone in the choir is on a first name basis. It was weird for a while but then I got used to it.

I can't stand little kids addressing adults by their first names. When someone insists on being called by first name, I tell my kid to call them Mr. {name} or Ms. {name}. Haven't had anyone protest that.

Donna, slap the upstart.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 10:03 am

DonnaKat wrote:
Yep, a family member. I guess she thought she was being 'cute' by making fun of me and my brother in front of the rest of the family. I found it rude.

And she still lives? You must have grown mellow in your ---um---older age.

This is the south so there is a lot of the Mr First-name and Mrs First-name for us older types. Of course, being the south, it's pronounced Miz.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 12:08 pm

Excuse me while I lose it, but I'm mad enough to spit nails.

As some of you know, for the last 20 years I've been a Walmart pharmacy tech. Some bigwig in corporate has decided that all the Walmart pharmacies in our district be open at least 12 hours a day. (as well as seven days a week and holidays) Fine and dandy, except they aren't going to lower their profit margin by hiring any more help. We only have three techs. That means that on a fairly regular basis, I'll be working a 12 hour shift----as the only tech.

Meanwhile, another bigwig has demanded a work plan that, to work correctly, needs at least three tech working together at all times, and keeps track of any mistakes so that the inputting tech (me) can be fired if she makes too many. How can you not make mistakes when you're being three people on a 12 hour shift?

Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 1:23 pm

You should demand 3x pay when you're the only one there because you are being 3 people according to the plan.

Idiots. Is that the kind of crap being taught in business schools nowadays?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 6:28 pm

This certainly seems to be a series of decisions totally devoid of any human consideration.

Do they mean the role to turn into a shift work type arrangement where you'd each do 4 (or so) x 12 hour days and then have 3 (or so) days off? Is that their aim?
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 7:12 pm

That really sucks. One thing I've learned from my work experience (including my current job) is that the people who make the rules/policies are rarely the ones who have to live them.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 8:32 pm

LadyNOLA wrote:
the people who make the rules/policies are rarely the ones who have to live them.
How true. Whatever looks good on paper. Kinda like cost of retrofitting a dangerous component in something vs. cost of lawsuits. [sarcasm]I just love how human lives have no cost and humanity has no say.[/sarcasm]
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 11:36 pm

Wal Mart sucks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ranting Thread
Page 29 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next