The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Ranting Thread

Go down 
+25
andrea
jherriot
sami_stardust
AimeeMarie
celticwhisper
GerrysJewel
Misty
LadyNOLA
beguild
pamelajane
Dallas
kimmy67
gindolin
Oggy
Nay
Lemuria
Sharabella
SuZQz
Helena
Steph
LegoJulie
Birdseed
greyeyegoddess
Leo
DonnaKat
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
AuthorMessage
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

The Ranting Thread - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 9:07 am

I feel like shit. I don't know if I look like shit or not. Kid brought a cold home last week and gave it to me. My sinuses are stuffed and running, causing me sore throat and heavy coughing and more sore throat and headaches. I'm feverish and achy. This got real bad about 4am on Mother's Day. I went and saw my mother anyway. Tried real hard to not breathe in her direction. Hopefully that worked.

I haven't been this misreable since the last time I got the flu, oh, 5 years or so ago. I had the flu shot, then picked up a strain not covered by the shot.

I'm not going to the doctor unless things get worse. All they ever give me is something that dries up the mucus, causing my sinuses to bleed and not be able to cough up whatever's in my lungs. Some days I really hate physicians. For lots of reasons.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 10:50 am

oh no!! feel better ,julie. sounds miserable!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 3:49 pm

Julie, that sounds just awful. I hope you're getting lots of bed rest and liquids. Can you husband cook?

PS Just one more reason not to have kids!
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 9:22 pm

Ick, Julie! Don't breathe on me! I mean, get better soon!

Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 9:41 pm

Thank you. Hubby is the cook. I don't. I got tired just going to the bathroom. Or eating a few bites. The wonderful thing about internet is it doesn't transmit human diseases.

I'm tired of being tired. And not smelling anything.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 8:42 am

Been there---Done that--Don't want to do that again.

Feel better.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 2:53 pm

I can smell!
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 2:55 pm

YAY!!!! amazing how much you miss it when you can't do it, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 10:49 pm

It was horrible! I only lost it for about a day. I took a bite of egg roll and I felt warmth, a little salty, a little sweet from the sauce, and it was totally wrong. Then I realized I couldn't smell. Right now I'm enjoying some peach and mango Jelly Bellys. Yum!!!
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 11:28 pm

I'm glad you can smell again, Julie! I learned about that in a psychology class once, how our ability to enjoy food is tied to our sense of smell. Guess that's the same reason my dad always told me vegetables won't taste as bad if you hold your nose while you eat them.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 8:52 pm

I have now experienced something worse than coughing and sneezing at the same time. I'm at the coughing and hacking stage of my cold. This morning I had a violent series of coughs where I couldn't breathe in, plus sneezing, and a nose bleed.

I don't care to ever repeat it.

A girl in town was bitten by a copperhead snake a few days ago. A few miles away an exterminator removed 2 rat snakes (not poisonous) from a girl's bedroom. Hubby killed 2 coral snakes in our backyard last week. We're being invaded by snakes. Because of the drought the insects have migrated to people's houses for water, so the frogs follow the insects, and the snakes follow the frogs. I've seen bugs, but not seen or heard frogs. That means there are lots of snakes arounnd.

I'm creeped out about snakes coming into my house. They better not.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 9:37 pm

Remind me to never visit you in Texas, Julie.

A mini-tantrum if I may ... Mad

Yesterday, I arrived home after a hard day and week in the classroom, ready for a walk with my pup and my usual Friday night dinner of delicious, gooey pizza. Before the walk, I go into the front garden to water my young, little plants. There, before my eyes - torn, defenseless and prone on the ground - are my red camellia sapling and my white climbing rose ... roots pointing north to heaven.

I spin around with a face like doom and look for the pup. Where is the little sh!t? Looking back at me from under the house with guilt written all over his little brown face. This is the 2nd time he has ripped out the rose bush.

Today, I went to some country markets and bought an olive tree because I think the poor camellia is beyond repair. I intend to build a puppy-proof fence around the two pots!!!
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 10:29 pm

Nay, that is so frustrating! Looks like you will, in fact, have to Buddy-proof your garden. Fences do sound like a good idea.

LegoJulie wrote:
A girl in town was bitten by a copperhead snake a few days ago. A few miles away an exterminator removed 2 rat snakes (not poisonous) from a girl's bedroom. Hubby killed 2 coral snakes in our backyard last week. We're being invaded by snakes. Because of the drought the insects have migrated to people's houses for water, so the frogs follow the insects, and the snakes follow the frogs. I've seen bugs, but not seen or heard frogs. That means there are lots of snakes arounnd.

I'm creeped out about snakes coming into my house. They better not.

Allow Mr. Samuel L. Jackson to sum it all up for us:

Or, if you prefer the edited for TV version:

Sorry, I had to. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 5:20 pm

Opening windows here will let the freaking snakes in, not out.

Nay, you were meant to either have a garden or a dog.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 9:37 am

Nay------Yep, your pup's a digger. A fence might help.

Julie------It could be worse. Because of all the flooding around the lakes area near me, the critters (including snakes) have taken to the trees. I have heard that in some areas, the tree tops above water were moving with snakes. Isn't that a pleasant thought. Shocked
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 10:55 am

You will definitely have to Buddy proof your garden. I had to cat proof my house when I got cats. Now that my cats are old it has gotten better, but there are still things I have to watch out for.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 10:26 pm

I'm actually kind of irritated right now. I read a post from one of my friends (on line and personal acquaintance) on Facebook. She basically stated something to the effect that the American Sign Language sign for "I love you" was the same as a "satanic" sign for the devil's horns. Now I realize this person is pretty zealous in her religion, but it irritates me to no end when people make ignorant judgments and accusations without having an educated background and open mind as to what they're making these ignorant accusations about.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 12:18 am

I looked in Yahoo for "devil's hand sign" and found this 3-year-old blog. Looking at the pictures, it seems the bloggers makes to distinction between a hand with raised pointer and pinky, and a hand with raised pointer, pinky and thumb. Apparently a lot of people disregard the position of the thumb altogether. One blogger says Helen Keller designed the I Love You hand sign to be similar to the devil's horns.

I know the I Love You hand sign is a combo of the letter 'I' (raised pinky), the letter 'L' (raised pointer and thumb), and the letter 'Y' (raised pinky and thumb), all signed together on one hand, resulting in a raised pinky, pointer, and thumb.

Oy!

You know what, DK? Stupidity abounds. Uneducated religious zealots are the ultimate examples of "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing". They are sheeple. They follow blindly, bleating what the lead sheep bleats. All you can do is present the facts.

I personally find the "Hook 'em Horns" hand sign (exactly the same as the devil's horns) offensive because I are a Aggie.

Most people don't know the difference between a 'V' (raised pointer and middle) with palm forward, or a 'V' with the back of the hand.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 5:36 am

Ave Maria. The world has too many stupid people.

I know only one piece of suitable sign language, DK. The Ranting Thread - Page 31 Middlefinger-1
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 2:24 am

I'm with y'all. It's nonsense.

I have gotten to a place in my life where I have no use for people who take my religion and use ignorance, self-righteousness, and misplaced priorities to twist it.

I also immediately discount a person's opinion or argument the second they start trying to win people over to my faith through guilt, judgement, and the threat of eternal damnation (some can be very subtle about it too, where some, including themselves might not catch that that is what they're doing).

And I am soooooooo sick of the people who think the priorities of a Christian involve looking for the Devil in things like Halloween, Harry Potter, or a freakin' sign language hand signal that means love!! Seriously?! These are the things that get their panties in a bunch?! Focus your outrage over things in this world like child sex slavery, starvation, violence, or hate instead.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 9:37 am

What she said! *points up* Smile
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 3:30 pm

^^^^ditto^^^^
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 4:47 pm

You would think knowledge would be a cure for stupid, but it doesn't seem to work that way. It's like teaching a pig to type---any words you get will be covered with slop.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 7:52 pm

Thank you LN. Just because there were a few bad apples, doesn't mean I think the same way.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 8:56 pm

None of us do, Alice. I come from a VERY strict Pentecostal background, and one of the things holding me back from going back to church is attitudes like the one I shared on this thread. I just wish I could just have a relationship with God without all of the legalism. There were so many rules, I thought I had broken all of them so what was the point? No matter what I did, it wasn't good enough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 31 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ranting Thread
Page 31 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next