The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Ranting Thread

Go down 
+25
andrea
jherriot
sami_stardust
AimeeMarie
celticwhisper
GerrysJewel
Misty
LadyNOLA
beguild
pamelajane
Dallas
kimmy67
gindolin
Oggy
Nay
Lemuria
Sharabella
SuZQz
Helena
Steph
LegoJulie
Birdseed
greyeyegoddess
Leo
DonnaKat
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
AuthorMessage
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

The Ranting Thread - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 2:05 am

That's awful, sweetie. It seems to me that they don't care about the health of people who work for them, because it's been studied that most people don't work as well after 8 hours of work. Are you hourly? Because aren't they supposed to pay time and a half after 8 hours? It doesn't seem like a very intelligent decision.

I never shopped at Wally world until I lost my job. I just had too many bad experiences with other customers.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 12:10 pm

Nay wrote:

Do they mean the role to turn into a shift work type arrangement where you'd each do 4 (or so) x 12 hour days and then have 3 (or so) days off? Is that their aim?

I don't think they have given a thought to how to accomplish the 12 hour days with only three techs. That's left up to the pharmacist in charge. I'm sure that he'll try to make a eight hour shift schedule, but there's only so much you can do. If one of us is sick or on vacation, that means that one tech will have to work a 12 hour shift. Most pharmacies have at least five or six techs, but because it's a small town, we aren't allowed that many.

Actually, I think their aim is to force pharmacies to give up their older, well trained techs (who are paid more) and replace us with off the street minimum wage teenagers. You understand, the people making these decisions have never worked in a pharmacy and have no idea how complicated the tech's job can be. They think it's the same as cooking fries at McDonald's. Yet these very people insist that it's the techs that actually read, input, fill, label, take care of the insurance, call the doctor's offices for refills and deal with the customers along with all the other stuff they want done.
Now, usually one tech handled the counting, filling and labeling, while the other handles inputting the incoming scrips, talking to the customers and dealing with insurance and we both catch the phone. That will have to stop and one person will have to do it all, because there will be only one tech there at a time. The pharmacist double checks behind us twice, counsels patients, bags the script and takes docter's calls. The whole system is set up for a minimum of two pharmacist and three techs plus two cashiers. I know how hard it is for me when I'm the only tech now on nine hour days. Every day will be like that now. I can't imagine working like that for three more hours a day.

Sorry, I didn't mean to get so wordy.
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 1:18 pm

That really stinks, they are not only going to put more stress on the lone tech, but they're setting themselves up for more mistakes to happen and then the customers could suffer from those mistakes. My biggest pet peeve is that businesses don't use simple common sense when making decisions.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 6:05 pm

Sharabella wrote:
Actually, I think their aim is to force pharmacies to give up their older, well trained techs (who are paid more) and replace us with off the street minimum wage teenagers.
That seems to be the way of many service industries unfortunately. Common sense should tell your pharmacy owners that the customer feels more comfortable with a knowledgeable, assured and experienced older technician who knows their stock rather than a young, inexperienced, ill-informed, sometimes unwilling newbie. I certainly, as a customer, gravitate to the older assistants because they simply know more.

Quote :
Now, usually one tech handled the counting, filling and labeling, while the other handles inputting the incoming scrips, talking to the customers and dealing with insurance and we both catch the phone. I know how hard it is for me when I'm the only tech now on nine hour days. Every day will be like that now. I can't imagine working like that for three more hours a day.
I hesitate to ask but do you have a union, Sharabella? A Miscellaneous Workers Union perhaps? If so, it may be worth checking with them regarding working hours and entitlements. Here's a link to one Australian state's award for Pharmacy Assistants: http://www.fwa.gov.au/consolidated_awards/an/AN120416/asframe.html

In the section entitled 'Ordinary Hours of Work', it says this:

The ordinary hours of work shall not exceed thirty-eight per week or an average of thirty-eight per week, to be worked in any one of the following forms:

(i) 38 hours in any one week, or

(ii) 76 hours in two consecutive weeks, or

(iii) 114 hours in three consecutive weeks, or

(iv) 152 hours in four consecutive weeks.

Save for meal times prescribed, all time worked between the actual commencing time and the actual ceasing time on any one day shall count and shall be paid for as time worked; provided that an employee may be required to work reasonable overtime

Quote :
Sorry, I didn't mean to get so wordy.
Get as wordy as you want, Sharabella. You certainly explained the situation well enough for me to get annoyed.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 8:15 pm

The US has a standard 40 hour work week. Walmart follows the rules and, unless there is sickness or vacation spots to fill, we aren't required to work over 40 hours. (Though I have worked up to 50 hours a week when there is a crisis) If we do, we get time and a half overtime pay for those hours. (and walmart-HATES to pay overtime ) I just wish the cretin who insist on being open 12 hours without more help and the idiot who decided that techs should be able to walk on water (and planed a system that requires 9 steps to fill and track a single script ) had their heads slammed together.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 7:45 pm

My rant:

It snowed in Dallas. Ugh.

And I am sick.

Ugh.

That is all.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 9:57 pm

It snowed here too, enough to force me to take a personal day. I get 2 per year, and it's not even the end of January.

I hope you feel better soon, Dallas.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:05 pm

We didn't get snow. The moisture stopped before the cold front got here. We will have a hard freeze tonight and tomorrow night. Gotta remember to run the faucets.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 2:05 pm

My cat threw up a hairball in my bed last night. I had JUST CHANGED the sheets the night before, and I had to change them again about 11pm last night so I could go to bed. Thank God I had another clean set so I didn't have to wait for the washer and dryer to finish the load. Rolling Eyes

It's been a bad week already and it's only Tuesday. And now I'm sad today and I can't seem to break out of it. I think it's a combination of January winter blues, lack of sunshine, nasty weather and hormonal stuff. We're supposed to get 3-6 more inches of snow this Thursday. It was just beginning to melt from everything, and now here we go again.

My job is getting on my nerves too. We have a new boss and I'm getting a lot of work dumped on me. I'm thankful for my job and I like working here, but I could use a vacation. I don't see how that's ever going to be possible though. And even if it is, I have no money to go anywhere and nothing to look forward to. Sad
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 2:13 pm

{{{ hugs}}} to everyone!
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 3:17 pm

I am sorry DK. I understand about the weather. I want to take a very long run to blow off my anxiety and it's raining. No indoor equipment can beat the outdoors, imo.

We all need a break. Maybe I will take my last three dollars and buy us lottery tickets. Well, I don't play the lottery when I have money so what am I saying?
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 4:01 pm

I can use a change of scenery.
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 2:02 am

Okay, I've got a rant.

I went to see the movie Blue Valentine tonight. It has Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams in it. It is kind of an indie movie that I guess was at Sundance, and I think Michelle might be nominated for an Oscar for. Maybe Ryan too, not sure.

The movie has exceptional acting. Very raw, nothing held back kind of stuff. This is a movie you go to if you want to see actors at the top of their game and a good character study. This is not a movie you go see if you want to feel good. It is depressing. It's about the end of the marriage between two people who were once in love.

Long story short, all of the above is not what my rant is about. It's about one of the people in the audience. This movie is rated R. It's very sexually graphic. We are talking about graphic intercourse as well as oral sex. Most definitely a movie for adults.

This woman comes in with her CHILD. This boy was probably no more than 10, give or take. He might of even been as young as 8. I was floored! I kept waiting for her to realize she made a mistake in bringing him whenever something like Gosling going down on Williams happened, but no. She didn't. I was uncomfortable just knowing this child was in the theater, and it wasn't even my child.

Oh, and another thing, as for the other people who actually weren't children in the audience, the other theater goers. When people have sex on screen, albeit graphic sex, just get over it and act like an adult. Don't get all giggly and noisy and weird about it because it makes you feel uncomfortable watching it with your friends. Do research on a film and why it's rated what it is first. And if you think you'll be too embarrassed to watch it with other people, don't go with those people. Movies are supposed to be a slice of life, and in real life, people have sex. Grow up and act like an adult about it! Otherwise, go see another movie that won't make you so uncomfortable.

Sorry for getting on my soap box, but this whole thing really got under my skin.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 9:35 am

Quote :
Movies are supposed to be a slice of life, and in real life, people have sex.

They do? It must be those other people. Wink

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 2:32 pm

LOL, Donna! Good point. I'm not having sex either. But I hear other people are. Laughing Must be nice.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 10:51 pm

Quote :
Movies are supposed to be a slice of life, and in real life, people have sex.
People in real life don't say "You look like shit."
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 7:52 am

No, they say "you look tired". It sounds much more civilized and passive-aggressive. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 10:17 am

Uh-------I have been know to say those very words. But only to my dearest friends, and only if it's true. It's one step worse than "death-warmed-over" and one step under "good lord! Go back to bed until you look human."
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 3:26 am

Weird LN. Some people hear a film has sex and they only go for that, not knowing about the whole film.

As for the kid, I don't know what to say, but if that lady wasn't embarrassed to bring her kid, maybe she wanted to see the film and couldn't find a babysitter. Or she's one of those parents who don't want to hide anything from their kid.

LOL, DK! I'm more that way. Why do I have to see sex, sex, sex in everything I watch? I don't get giddy if there's a sensual moment in a film, but I definitely don't go watching a film just because...
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 10:17 pm

Being sick sucks and Nyquil is nasty.

That is all.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 10:18 pm

being sick does suck. hope you are feeling better tomorrow.

does nyquil make you sleep? i can't take it.....it's like taking speed for me.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 10:28 pm

I guess we'll find out. I went to Walgreens and noticed a lot of the cold meds have to be purchased at the pharmacy desk due to them containing pseudoephidrine.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 10:33 pm

most people it knocks out like a light...which is a good thing. me? i have wonky metabolism and it will keep me awake for 2 straight days. kinda sucks, coz when i'm sick there is nothing i can take to just make me sleep!
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 4:53 pm

Yep, Donna. Some people use it to make meth, so they make you go up to the counter.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 6:11 pm

They have a law in CA that you cannot buy more than 2 or 3 types cough medicine at a time, for that same reason.

Doesn't work for me when I'm stocking up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ranting Thread
Page 30 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next