The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Ranting Thread

Go down 
+25
andrea
jherriot
sami_stardust
AimeeMarie
celticwhisper
GerrysJewel
Misty
LadyNOLA
beguild
pamelajane
Dallas
kimmy67
gindolin
Oggy
Nay
Lemuria
Sharabella
SuZQz
Helena
Steph
LegoJulie
Birdseed
greyeyegoddess
Leo
DonnaKat
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

The Ranting Thread - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 1:43 am

Sharabella, get better. Glad it wasn't a brown recluse. Keep thinking that.

I don't like downloading games or videos. I prefer having a piece of hardware in my hand.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:38 am

Shingles can flare because of stress, fatigue and a weakened immune system, Sharabella. Have you been having a troublesome time lately? Listen to what your doctor (and your body) tell you and get well soon.

Ok, rant ahead! Danger Will Robinson!!

1. Breasts. Large. Actually ginormous. Unfettered in any way. Approaching me in a cramped space. Do I move left or right? Should I take my eyes away from them? JMJ, PUT THE SISTERS AWAY. One of my real pet peeves, I'm afraid.

2. Every snail-paced, blind-as-a-bat driver was on the road here on Sunday. The whole of geriatric Australia (combined age 34 543 000 000yrs) was on the freaking road! Going - who knows where? Aim - annoy me!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED, D/CKMUNCHS!!
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 9:08 am

Nay wrote:
[font=Trebuchet MS]Shingles can flare because of stress, fatigue and a weakened immune system, Sharabella. Have you been having a troublesome time lately? Listen to what your doctor (and your body) tell you and get well soon.

Ok, rant ahead! Danger Will Robinson!!

1. Breasts. Large. Actually ginormous. Unfettered in any way. Approaching me in a cramped space. Do I move left or right? Should I take my eyes away from them? JMJ, PUT THE SISTERS AWAY. One of my real pet peeves, I'm afraid.

For the last several months, I've had to do my work plus a lot of the work load of two sick coworkers, so yeah, all of the above apply. I think when they both made it back to work my body just collapsed.

Ha--They were unfettered, but were they covered? Nothing says "What were you thinking?" more than a saggy, stretch marked, DDs in a tiny, crocheted (yes, the kind with holes) bikini top. As a male co-worker remarked: "I'll never be able to look at a cow again."
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:39 pm

Nay, Sunday drivers are one of a kind yet I think everyone is capable of being a Sunday driver.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 4:00 pm

Last night was hellish.

Not only was it a wet night and I was on and off coughing up my left lung, but around 9.30pm some 10 and 15 young yobbos across the road decided to have a party (because of their Grand Final football game). They started out as just loud but when they hadn't finished by 2am, I was starting to get pissed off. By 2.45am, a profanity driven and alcohol fuelled argument (male & female) spilled over into the street. It disturbed me enough that I rang the Police who did a cruise by. In the 10 minute lapse between phone call and arrival, the main perpetrators ran off down the street, hurling abuse so the Police stopped, warned and drove off. Some quiet time ensued ....... and then the arguers came back.

The party was still going at 4.30am and my alarm was set for a 5am rise.

Now, many revenge scenarios have run through my mind - dog poop on their car seats, high beam lights into the house, car toots as I go to work - but none seem adequate enough ... especially when a) I and my pup vomitted throughout the night, b) there are empty cans littered all over their footpath and c) they are now asleep and will no doubt call in sick to work because of their damn football game!

Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 8:25 pm

They might get suspicious if you took them a plate of laxative laced brownies.
or
Get yourself a pair of earplugs and develop a passion for LOUD opera.

Truly, you can't get even with people like this, just try to ignore them.

I hope you and the puppy feel much better.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 10:59 pm

Now they have a warning from police, and a registered complaint from you. Next time they get loud that late/early, call the police earlier, like 2am. It would be a repeated complaint.

Talk to your neighbors you were harrassed by the noise, too. Get them to also call in next time. Need more people to register complaints. Then the loud people will be more likely to be hauled off to jail.

I hear your brown snakes are pretty deadly.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 3:53 am

Thanks for the suggestions, Sharabella and LJ. I especially liked the brown snake idea!

Believe it or not, the yobbos are gearing up for another night on the turps. I arrived home at 4pm to see blokes with beers and loud music playing. I shall ring the Police earlier this time, guaranteed.

Back to top Go down
Dallas

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 2:53 am

Ugh! I was attacked by a swarm of yellow jackets yesterday and got stung 3 times on the leg. The profanities that came out of my mouth as I ran must have frightened my neighbors. I think my yelling rattled their windows.

Now, I'm no pansy, and I have a high threshold for pain, but man......it was painful. My leg muscles started to cramp and the pain was so sharp it took my breath away. This lasted for HOURS. The largest welp on my thigh is between 4-5 inches in diameter, red and full of fever. The other two on my lower leg are smaller, but just as red, hard and hot. My leg looks horrible. It's hard to sleep at night.

I went to Home Depot today for ammunition and those little f/ckers got soaked in wasp spray tonight after the sun went down and they weren't swarming. They have a nest in the ground cover - and I think it is underground. I had no idea it was there until my weedeater disturbed it and made them come out and swarm me. Tomorrow, I shall go out and kill again. I'm on a killing mission.

Bastards.

My leg is still bad. I hate them. Hell hath no fury like a woman stung.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 3:21 am

Omigosh, you poor thing. How dare they invade your place!

Go get em!
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 3:27 am

Triple Ouch! Dallas, I feel your pain.

Git 'em!
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 4:12 am

I'm wincing just reading that story, Dallas. I've had one, just one, sting from those f@#$%ckers and it is excruciating.

But I shall ask the inevitable question - Did you go to a doctor or pharmacist/chemist for some relief?
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 8:32 am

yikes!! poor dallas!! thank goodness you aren't allergic!
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 9:21 am

Nay wrote:

But I shall ask the inevitable question - Did you go to a doctor or pharmacist/chemist for some relief?

My question exactly. For a reaction that bad, you need an antihistamine, pain meds and probably a steroid. Those little suckers are dangerous, and very, very painful.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 5:10 pm

I put ice on my leg and have been taking Ibuprofen. The reaction is localized, so I didn't see the point of going to the doctor. I have Epipens, and would have stabbed myself if I had an anaphylactic reaction, but it appears that I'm only having a localized one.

I put some benedryl cream on them after the pain stopped (about 24 hours later) to try to treat the itching that has started.

I mainly am trying to ignore it. I'm pretty good at ignoring pain etc. - the whole mind over matter thing. Like I said, I have a high threshold for pain and can pretty much power through it. Same with itching. It's much better today. Still red, and full of fever, but I think they are going down.

BTW, I just saw some yellow jackets. They are still alive!

I swear, I'm about to put on a fire suit and use a flamethrower on them......

Basterds.

Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 8:39 pm

What are yellow jackets good for? What is their purpose?

Last edited by greyeyegoddess on Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 10:09 pm

Ouch, Dallas! Get thee to a doctor if you don't get better!!
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 5:10 am

It's the dog bite all over again. I shake my head and sigh.
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 7:46 am

Ouch Dallas! I hope it's much better today.
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 11:14 pm

I am wondering if I should be this pissed off or if I am just having a bad Monday.

I have been casually dating but in the past couple of weeks there has only been one guy. I usually like crazy, wild guys who like sports, singing and some other "s" words Laughing but I decided to step outside of my box one more time.

There are some perks with my job. I offer them sometimes to people and sometimes I don't mind if someone asks. This guy has been hounding me--even calling me when I was working on a difficult situation last week asking me if I could pull some strings for him to get him in places. He did the same thing today and was IMing me at work trying to be charming but trying to have me get him into an event I would love to go to but can't because I have to work.

I asked him to meet me for coffee tonight and I explained in person how I was feeling. His response: "Well you never know what you can get if you don't ask." Pissed me off more!

Ladies, am I just being too sensitive?
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 3:18 am

Nope. Dump his ass. He's only "dating" you to get your perks.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 4:07 am

Heck no! Sure it doesn't hurt to ask, but geez...what has he done for YOU lately?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 4:13 am

Sounds like a user, K. Lose him ... in a spectacular fashion! (heh, heh)
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 10:20 am

Oh, he is so gone. As for what has he done for me, not much. I was a bit miffed at him this weekend. I love sports, he doesn't seem to like them as much. That's fine. I invited him to hang with my friends this weekend while we watched sports. There were two games I really cared about. He shows up during one of those two games and wanted to talk about everything else but the game. And that game was a close one and very awesome. He leaves after that game. He could have showed up for the next game which was also a good one but one I didn't care about as much. My friends thought he seemed too normal for me anyway.

I felt like I was nitpicking this weekend but I don't think so.

Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 10:21 am

P.S.

Thanks. I needed a woman's perspective.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ranting Thread
Page 28 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33  Next