The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Say something random about you (Part 2)

Go down 
+11
AimeeMarie
LadyNOLA
Oggy
pamelajane
Poppy
LegoJulie
Nay
Dallas
greyeyegoddess
DonnaKat
Leo
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 2:38 pm

Bonjour mes amies!

I am actually rather chuffed with myself today. Up and dressed early (as is my usual practice) and hit the street with a Starbuck's coffee walking towards the Champ Elysee with the other one and a half million people. Have never seen anything like it ... Gendarmes, army and beret wearing secret officers everywhere in preparation for the great march past. Following in the path of a pack of similar sheep, I have never walked so far out of my way for a few glimpses of a short, Italian-loving, French President in my life and I won't again.

The men on horses in Gladiator gear and the supersonic jets however were well worth it. I stayed squashed in the front row for 30 minutes and then turned around and headed back to the safety of the Latin Quarter.

Small delicious ironies around in this city - I walk in the opposite direction to everyone else and walking alongside of me, singing, are a herd/squadron/fleet of baritone soldiers. The jets stopped me in my tracks with their stream of red, white and blue smoke. The French are proud of their military prowess, that's for sure. Should I perhaps have reminded them at this point of the Rainbow Warrior debacle in Auckland Harbour many moons ago?

This afternoon, I took a Batobus on the Seine and saw some of the city highlights from the water. My day finished with tortellini with creamy truffle sauce and another glass of rosé.

I am fast becoming addicted to this way of life.

The Louvre tomorrow if my feet hold out.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 2:51 pm

happy Bastille day!
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 3:14 pm

It sounds like you're having quite an experience. I can't wait to see pictures!
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 11:46 am

I shall definitely start a thread when I return, Donna ..... photos and all. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 12:36 pm

I look forward to that, Nay!
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 10:33 am

I have a "date" shortly with an Irish writer that I met today. We're having a beer together and then heading off to the Eiffel Tower.

Nothing special, folks. Simply a lovely old man.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 10:49 am

Hubba hubba!!! Wear your best shoes and jewelry. And don't lick his cheek, no matter how tempting it is to do so.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 10:53 am

You make me blush, Donna. He's a sweet old married man who can probably drink me under the table. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 12:02 pm

Do they drink under the table in France? geek
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 5:43 am

Last night, we started at an Irish bar with a pint of Kilkenny. Then we caught two Metro trains to the Eiffel Tower. The weather was inclement with drizzling showers on and off. As naughty tourists, we jumped the queue for the tower and then had to listen to pissed off Americans and Mexicans rabbiting on for an hour. I didn't thank the Mexicans for their Swine Flu - that could have caused a fight!

Although I bought a ticket for the third stage, we only went to the second stage because the grey had come in heavily and visibility was poor. The tower lights came on despite that and therefore it was worth the trouble. On our way back to the hotel, we stopped at an Indian restaurant for a very late dinner.

This morning (Sunday) I wandered to a large market - Marché Bastille - near the Bastille monument and bought two pastries for breakfast. All week I had been determined to climb Notre Dame and that was my major morning mission so after a gentle stroll through the markets (and a funny haggle with a merchant), I joined the first group ascending this enormous C12th cathedral.

It is done in a very organised way, with small groups and walkie-talkie guards and at a slow, uncrowded pace. The view was absolutely spectacular and more than made up for the previous night's bad weather at Eiffel Tower. Now I am off to have a midday siesta and then dinner out again with the Irishman. He wants steak and potatoes tonight so I shall endeavour to assist.

I have been so lucky with the photos and scenery since arriving in France and I know I shall have some great ones to share when I return home. Of course, Scotland is still to happen ......
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 10:43 am

I love Kilkenny!! Had some in Vancouver with Birdseed when I was visiting her there. You can't buy it here at home.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 6:38 am

Hey up! Since I last posted, I have arrived in Scotland.

Needless to say, the weather has taken a turn for the worse. Cooler and wetter and it is the middle of summer. I am travelling to Stirling tomorrow, collecting my hire car and driving into the Highlands.

If you don't hear from me for a while, it can only mean two things - either there is no internet access OR I'M HAVING TOO GOOOD OF A BLOODY TIME!!!!!

bounce
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 2:16 pm

Can't wait to hear all about it!
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 2:17 pm

yippee!
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Dallas

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 11:43 pm

Nay wrote:

If you don't hear from me for a while, it can only mean two things - either there is no internet access OR I'M HAVING TOO GOOOD OF A BLOODY TIME!!!!!

bounce
Or you have been eaten by Nessie....

Get a picture of Nessie and I'll try to get a pic of the Montauk Monster when I go to the Hamptons in a few weeks. We'll be rich and famous!!!!
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 9:30 am

Going to the Hamptons, huh? Well aren't you special!

Glad you're having a good time, Nay.

I'm going home today. I miss my kitties.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 9:49 pm

DonnaKat wrote:
Going to the Hamptons, huh? Well aren't you special!

I am special, but not for just heading up north for a family shindig and wedding.
However, if I find Montauk Monty aka the Montauk Monster, then I will be more than special. I will be famous!!!!

Nay has gone halfway around the world. What does that make her?
Back to top Go down
Oggy
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor
Oggy

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 10:43 pm

My guess is that she is halfway special. Hahaha. I will hear something smartass about that one. I luv you nay.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 11:18 pm

I feel grumpy.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:53 am

Grump grump grump grump grump!

I guess a snuggle is out of the question, then?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 12:10 pm

Dallas wrote:
Nay has gone halfway around the world. What does that make her?
EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA special ...... Up yours, Oggs!

I've been in Fort William (the Highlands for you plebs) now for two days. Think Glencoe and mountain ranges, black cold sea and winding roads, cold in summertime.

On Tuesday, I travelled to the wilderness area of Ardnamurchan where my great, great, great grandfather was born and his parents were married. It is still untamed .... much as I am myself. Wink It was nearly all on one lane track with a short distance of 30 miles taking over two hours. Life on this peninsula would have been very isolated in the 1700s.

Today (Wednesday), I have been to the Isle of Skye by car/ferry. Majestic mountain ranges in both places. Jaw dropping scenery. Spicy seafood gumbo. Gaelic radio with bagpipes. Ominous clouds. Strong winds.

We are about to start our family Gathering here and at the Clan ancestral home. On the agenda, we have historic walks, lectures on genealogy, meet/greet our Chief/Locheil, highland dancing, weapons presentation, tug of war, falconry, sheepdog deomonstration and a CEILIDH. At the Ceilidh, the Australian contingent will sing two songs, one an old wandering song and the other - Waltzing Matilda. There will be at least two evening receptions before I leave on Sunday.

I think I need a holiday.

Hope you've all been well and behaving yourselves in my absence.

How was CC, Donna?
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 1:28 pm

It was awesome and full of win. Glad you're having a good time, we'll all have to swap stories in chat when you get back!

Something random: I just got out of the tub. I feel clean now.
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 9:45 am

Wow, Nay, you have been quite busy seeing the beautiful sites of Scotland. I hope you are taking lot's of pictures. You are seeing Scotland in its true form and I know it's not your first time.

And I love the way your Clan Gathering is going. You are seeing and learning about your Clan from "the ground up"! Enjoy every minute. Wha Hae!!!!

P.S. Have you found your "land" yet, Lady Nay? queen
Back to top Go down
Oggy
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor
Oggy

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 10:48 pm

Wow up m mine eh? I am glad you are having a great trip nay. Looked up any kilt's?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 11:11 am

No up-kilt gazing, Oggs. Just gazing at one particular fellow wearing it.

I'm back in Glasgow now and ready for my long journey home. I was a touch teary this morning as I drove out of the Highlands.

The story of my trip may take quite a few 'conversations' and will most definitely include eye-pleasing, visual displays, PJ. Heh heh!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Say something random about you (Part 2)
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next