The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Say something random about you (Part 2)

Go down 
+11
AimeeMarie
LadyNOLA
Oggy
pamelajane
Poppy
LegoJulie
Nay
Dallas
greyeyegoddess
DonnaKat
Leo
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 6:46 pm

Eating a huge juicy pickle...
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
AimeeMarie
Boringly Sane
AimeeMarie

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 1:56 am

Is that a euphemism? LOL!
Back to top Go down
http://www.notime4urblahblahblahblah.blogspot.com
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:09 am

Oui, it IS an euphamism, Aimee. But I turn selectively deaf whenever Donna goes off on these pickle tangents .... Laughing

Bonjour from France, mes amies. bounce

Sunday morning Mass at Notre Dame today (after crepe & coffee breakfast) and then TGV train south. Weather is deliciously hot but who the féck didn't tell me about the computer keyboard layout? It's taken me dix minutes to type this ..... I blame Dallas who filled me in on all manner or francais details but left that little pearler out.

How is everyone?
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:14 am

Nay wrote:
It's taken me dix minutes to type this .....

Is that a euphemism?
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 11:48 am

Bonjour, me ami..

I'm glad you were able to get to a computer, even though it took those "dix minutes" to figure it out. Anyway, sounds like your holiday is going well. Can't wait to see pictures. Be safe.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 12:44 pm

bon jour, Nay!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
AimeeMarie
Boringly Sane
AimeeMarie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 2:07 pm

DonnaKat wrote:
Nay wrote:
It's taken me dix minutes to type this .....

Is that a euphemism?

**snorts so hard her nose hurts** That was funny!
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 5:57 pm

Bonjour, ma petite chouchou!

Sorry about not telling you that their keyboard is not a QWERTY but an AZERTY. But since QWERTY is a keyboard for English, it's not surprising that one for the French language would be different, non?

When I was in school in Paris we used pen and paper, not computers or laptops. Computers have only become prevalent, in what, the last 10 years or so in schools (excluding a word processor)? I have never used a computer in Europe. I usually have a Blackberry or laptop and don't use cyber cafes. I didn't even think about that little "cultural difference". I'm assuming you didn't notice the differences (since there are only a few) and started typing away. I would have loved to have seen your reaction as you typed and some words were gibberish!

Now, I hope you are drinking some wine and having a good time!!
Buy me a sussy.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 9:18 am

Paper and pen? Quel horror! The 19th century had so much to answer for. No wine yet believe it or not ...... but one Kilkenny beer in Avignon of all places. Je suis ashamed.

Sussy? Speak English. Rolling Eyes

PJ, mon petit orange, how are you? Very Happy

Alicianno, my lavender flower, how goes the job and college hunting? bounce

DK, I am simply ignoring your reference to dix/dicks but hope that you're excited about CC ... Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 12 259631

The view from my Paris hotel:

Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 12 Th_DSC00071

Notre Dame:

Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 12 Th_DSC00074

More to come...

Jewel, Aimee, Oggs, Sky, Dreamer, Pat, Emily, Bird, Julie, Geranimal and everyone else - bonjour!

Last edited by Nay on Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 9:56 am

Nay wrote:

PJ, mon petit orange, how are you? Very Happy

Not so petite, mon ami, but fine! bounce I'm interested in what wine you will pick.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 10:02 am

Nay wrote:
DK, I am simply ignoring your reference to dix/dicks but hope that you're excited about CC ...

And that's just the way to do it too...LET me know you're ignoring me and what you're ignoring me about. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 12:51 pm

beautiful pics, Nay. I'm reminded of my trip to France in 2000.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 1:38 pm

The Notre Dame est leaning.

Every language has a different keyboard. I learned the Danish one after using it a few times. The slashes are shift numbers. *grumble*
Back to top Go down
AimeeMarie
Boringly Sane
AimeeMarie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 6:12 pm

DonnaKat wrote:
Nay wrote:
DK, I am simply ignoring your reference to dix/dicks but hope that you're excited about CC ...

And that's just the way to do it too...LET me know you're ignoring me and what you're ignoring me about. Rolling Eyes

Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 12 646968

And since this is random - I have Quiet Riot's "Cum on feel the noise" stuck in my head. How annoying.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 6:38 pm

I remember that Danish keyboard. No

Now I have Quiet Riot going thru my head as well. Thanks Aimee!
Back to top Go down
AimeeMarie
Boringly Sane
AimeeMarie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 6:44 pm

I do what I can to share the love! I could start singing something else...say...a New Kids on the Block song, since I'm going to see them tomorrow in concert.

I love them, I don't care what ANYONE says. Joey Mac is still cute.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 7:33 pm

I think they are better grown up.

I did like the song, Step by Step.

What's worse is have two to four bars of a song playing over and over again. And I can't stop it!!

Stupid things like the theme to The Nanny. Love the show, but the darn song!
Back to top Go down
AimeeMarie
Boringly Sane
AimeeMarie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 8:03 pm

LOL Alice! The other day, for no reason at all, I was humming the theme song to Greatest American Hero.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 8:07 pm

ohmigosh, I remember my brother singing that in the middle of church one time, when he was a few years old...geez!
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 5:12 pm

Nay, a sussy is a little gift. I think it's a southern term because my friends who are not from the south always ask me what the heck I am talking about.

Here's something random: I really want to see this movie. It's called "Daybreakers" and has some fantastic people in it. It isn't your Twilight pansy vampire movie. And it even seems to put True Blood to shame (which I like, by the way). Another random comment: the theme music in this trailer is a remake of a Kate Bush song. Remember her? Gosh I loved her in the 80s.....

Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 5:23 pm

wow! that looks awesome! And I love some of those actors..

And I loved that song by Kate!
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 9:53 am

Kate Bush? All frizzy black hair and high pitched warbling Kate Bush?

The 80s references are coming thick and fast, Dallas. All noted in my little dosier .... heh heh Wink
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 4:12 pm

Yes, Kate Bush ---the woman who has been cited as a major influence in music and songwriting by other artists and the media. That Kate Bush.

She was pretty big in the UK, much more than in the US. Of course, I was groundbreaking and advanced in my musical tastes so I remember being one of the first of my friends to buy and listen to the "Hound Of Love" album. (Yes, I was a visionary even back then.) I think that might have been her one well known album here(?). I know it debuted at number 1 in the UK (knocking off Madonna's Like A Virgin). Take that Madge.

So put that in your little dossier. Any other 80s cultural trivia that you need info about --- I'm your "go to" person.

Oh yeah, and I just bought tickets to see Def Leppard/Cheap Trick/Poison next month with a bunch of friends. We will be sweating our asses off in the heat and dancing to 80s rock. I can't wait for the people watching........
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 2:31 pm

For some reason I can't picture you working up a sweat, princess. But have fun anyway! Wear your tightest duds and slashed shirt.

Random: Back in Paris after 8 days on the road - Avignon, Bordeaux, Tours and Bayeux. I am becoming so enamoured with this country to the point that I now jaywalk without a care, wear a scarf nonchalantly and can carry my satchel while out-striding the average French pedestrian.

Imagine me getting off the Metro, lugging a 25kg suitcase down busy streets, swearing under my breathe because they move too slowly AND then stopping in my tracks at a mini Tourism Office to buy a Louvre ticket! Serendipitous.

Found the fabulous and famous little bookshop - Shakespeare & Company. The original owner published James Joyce's "Ulysses" there in 1922 and Hemingway's gang of mates often met there. I was headed back for a poetry reading but the queue was out the door. Tomorrow, it is Bastille Day and the Champs Elysees is the place to be. However, I also want to book my ticket to the Notre Dame Organ Recital and the tower climb if I can.

So much to do in Paris.

BTW Dallas - I have found plenty of suitable "sussy" but nowhere to send them so ......... c'est la vie!
Laughing
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 3:15 pm

I'm glad you're having fun! It's like that when you spend a few days somewhere, you start to adapt to the culture and surroundings. Then you come back home and have to re-adapt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 2)   Say something random about you (Part 2) - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Say something random about you (Part 2)
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next