The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat

Go down 
+4
Dallas
greyeyegoddess
Nay
DonnaKat
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat   Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 9:51 am

Nay wrote:
All of a sudden, I am laughing hysterically .... and I can't stop! Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat - Page 2 Dancemoves-1

Me, too!!Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat - Page 2 Rofl_2
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat   Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 10:46 am

That singing is so far removed from the Phantom, it's scary. affraid
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat   Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:11 am

Yeah....I never thought I would say this about his singing, but his pitch is TERRIBLE! Just TERRIBLE!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat   Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:30 am

A comment posted on JJ:

I assume he’ll be much more pissed about the video of his horrible singing than about the spilling of the beans on the booty call, LOL.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat   Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:42 am

I got the feeling the horrible singing was done intentionally. He used to be in a band, I doubt he's really that bad. Laughing
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat   Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:44 am

I don't know. Singing Oasis isn't really a stretch to sing correctly anyways. I've always had a hard time listening to the band's stuff, myself. It's karaoke...who sings in pitch?
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat   Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:58 am

The booty call vid has now been password protected. I suspect the karaoke one will be made the same very, very soon.

Gerry really needs to stop hanging out with these 20ish blabber mouth types if indeed he truly wants to keep "private" about his personal life. I guess you get what you pay for. Karma, and all that. With age comes discretion....well most of the time, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat   Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:10 pm

DonnaKat wrote:
I got the feeling the horrible singing was done intentionally. He used to be in a band, I doubt he's really that bad. Laughing

His rockstar jump at the end was classic. That combined with the tongue action.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat   Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:51 pm

You don't have to be a good singer to be in a band, though.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat   Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:54 pm

That's true....but I don't recall his pipes sounding like that on POTO.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat   Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 1:39 pm

Perhaps "being in his element" has had a bad effect on his pipes -- and his bagpipe.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat   Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 1:44 pm

greyeyegoddess wrote:
It's karaoke...who sings in pitch?

Well, I don't know who you've been listening to Alice, or what is wrong with Gerry's singing...........
When I sing karaoke, the heavens open up, angels weep and a hallelujah chorus joins in.

Or maybe I am just drunk. I can't recall.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat   Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 2:14 pm

Well, they now have posted on their blog about karaoke with Gerry and have included the video.

http://www.inewyork.no/2009/04/23/phantom-of-the-karaoke/

Phantom of the karaoke machine

After Sunday brunch at Barmache, our friend Gerry got this stupid idea that we should stop by Cipriani upstairs for karaoke.

With my complete lack of vocal talent (I sing worse than a wounded tone deaf warbler), I always manage to run and hide when people mention the terrifying “K” word. But Gerry never takes no for a no, and insisted that we should at least sing a couple of songs. Yet, he didn’t knew that my voice would give the American Idol jury nightmares for months…

Despite the fear, everything actually got much better after we got there and had a couple of GT’s. The best part of the night was when Gerry dedicated the song Wonderwall by Oasis to me. I love this song! Unfortunately, my camera skills were drowned by the alcohol, but listen to the clip and tell me what you think. Is Gerry’s version better than the original?

Gerry wanted to do all the cheesy love songs, but I decided to go for one of my favorite songs instead: Mr. Brightside by the Killers. For those of you who don’t know - Gerry ( Gerard Butler ) got a beautiful voice, and he starred in the lead role of the movie Phantom of the Opera - which easily explains my achievement fear. Despite my awful singing, he actually admitted that he was quite impressed. Simon Cowell would probably not have given the same verdict…

Anyway, if you are the new Susan Boyle, you should definitely swing by Cipriani upstairs on Sundays and show off your vocal talent!

Cipriani Upstairs
376 West Broadway ( near Broome St.)
212-343-0999
cipriani.com
By: Celine
Celine@inewyork.no
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat   Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 2:35 pm

That is a definite blackmail video. I can't believe that one was not password protected, and the other one was.

It's a good thing for me I happened to rip both videos beforehand. Twisted Evil Yes, I'm a good site owner.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat   Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 2:39 pm

Dallas found another one...

http://vimeo.com/4298149

And yes, it is ripped.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat   Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 3:36 pm

Dallas wrote:
Well, they now have posted on their blog about karaoke with Gerry and have included the video.

http://www.inewyork.no/2009/04/23/phantom-of-the-karaoke/

After Sunday brunch at Barmache, our friend Gerry got this stupid idea that we should stop by Cipriani upstairs for karaoke.

With my complete lack of vocal talent (I sing worse than a wounded tone deaf warbler), I always manage to run and hide when people mention the terrifying “K” word. But Gerry never takes no for a no, and insisted that we should at least sing a couple of songs.

Despite the fear, everything actually got much better after we got there and had a couple of GT’s. The best part of the night was when Gerry dedicated the song Wonderwall by Oasis to me. I love this song! Unfortunately, my camera skills were drowned by the alcohol, but listen to the clip and tell me what you think.

Gerry wanted to do all the cheesy love songs ....
Wait! Is this person working for the restaurant or just taking the opportunity to plug it, herself and an actor with questionable choice of friends?

I smell something really fishy here folks and it's not the 'Special of the Day'.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat   Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 3:45 pm

Cipriani upstairs is know for karaoke on Sunday nights.
As for the brunch plug, they both had twittered about going to brunch and then Cipriani's for karaoke. Brunch was where the finger licking occurred. I think those facts were given just as context and a way to start the post.

But I do think something smells like fish.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat   Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 6:55 pm

Hahahahaha!! Celine has twittered this:

will not be able to make it to the Moods of Norway flagship opening in LA in May Sad Heading across the pond for vacation in Glasgow

Coincidence?? This just gets better and better.

http://twitter.com/CelineNewYork
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat   Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 8:09 pm

Maybe she wants to make sure he keeps his paws off Priyanka...or maybe Aniston...or...oh hell, I can't even keep up anymore. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat   Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 8:33 pm

Oh, my lord.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat   Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 9:16 pm

Oh...thanks for the giggles today...and for getting those videos.

I don't sound heavenly on karaoke, Dallas, but you haven't led me astray...yet....

I shouldn't judge G's voice on karaoke, when I am not a recording artist...but I know what sounds good.

Doesn't 'karaoke' in Japanese mean something like singing off tune?
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat   Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 10:22 pm

Alice, I think someone was pulling you leg telling you that definition.

I looked it up and found this:

What is Karaoke?
The Japanese word stems from the words kara, meaning "empty" and oke which is short for o-kesutora, meaning "orchestra". The words together make a contraction literally meaning "empty orchestra". Karaoke music tracks includes only the song's music, and not the vocals.

I learned something new.

All kidding aside regarding Butler's singing (the first clip wasn't that bad) did you see the second clip of G singing/yelling?
Now that one was funny. It reminded me of a friend of mine....
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat   Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 10:25 pm

Empty orchestra? There's a thought....

I don't know where I heard it, but yes, it was probably a joke..lol

Here's another definition:
Karaoke is believed to have originated in a small bar in Japan. The in-house band recorded their music onto tape, and if they were not there the singer would just sing along to the tape. The word Karaoke was written on the tape, Kara meaning missing and Oke meaning band or orchestra.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat   Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 2:32 am

Well well well, I come home from a hard day at work with the ankle-biters and you have all continued the party without me!

Mind you, GB is the gift that just keeps on giving, isn't he? bounce
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat   Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 3:27 am

That's for sure, Nay! That's for sure!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat   Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gerard Butler Thinks NYC is Neat
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next