The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE

Go down 
+10
Oggy
Helena
Nay
celticwhisper
Leo
Dallas
dreamer
DonnaKat
ladyremi
sky_fitsheaven
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 1:25 pm

I don't think it's boring, but then I don't believe in calling Twitter Gerry, 'fake'.

We just don't know, and it all comes down to who you believe.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 1:28 pm

DonnaKat wrote:
BTW, Twitter Gerry posted about 10 or 11 last night my time. Now if we find out Gerry is still in Scotland, then that would mean "he" would have had to have been posting around 4-5am Scotland time. I find this highly unlikely. Even if he is up during those hours, I doubt he'd be Twittering random fans on the internet.

And if he wasn't in Scotland still?
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 4:24 pm

Trolls are good at what they do. The key to exposing a troll is to find the inconsistencies, incorrect "facts", impossibilities etc that they post that will expose them as a fake.

If you look for things to confirm their identity, you will always find them because those kind of trolls post those things to seem real and deceive people. So, it's the inconsistencies and incorrect things that you lneed to focus on in order to figure out the truth.

I agree with DK - if he is in Scotland, then the posting time is yet another clue that he may be a troll/fake. I am looking for the cumulative affect of many things - and am still skeptical.

Time will tell!!
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 4:35 pm

And look at who he has blocked...those that question his identity and are "close" to GB's fandom (i.e. a GALS mod, for one). The real GB would have no problem answering the question as to whether it were really him or not. He knows that his fansites state he has no social networking site, and no doubt he knows that GB.net has contacted his people. If not, his people are at least aware of it. And .net has made no secret about stating him to be a fake.

When TwitterGerry first opened his account, he posted a Tweet to GB.net. After they said he was a fake, he deleted the comment. Would the real GB do that?
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 8:20 pm

It gets curiouser and curiouser...and I don't visit other sites, so I have no idea what is going on with them.

did he deleted it or was it deleted by admin?

hmmm...

if it's really not him, it will be deleted shortly...
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 9:03 pm

I finally read TwitterGerry. I have not joined, but I must say that, in some of his answers, I can see where he might be the real Gerry. And one more thing, who picks out the pictures for the Twitterers, because IMO, that's an awful picture of G.

I'm just sayin'
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 10:16 pm

My real first impression?

How in the world would the real Gerry know how to use the underscore for his name...and why would he?
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 8:59 am

TwitterGerry blocked me this morning. Sad
Back to top Go down
Chiara...
Random Babbler
Chiara...

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 11:19 am

beh...D. Gerry is not, right? .. What is the problem ...I have read before and I saw that another person has called Gerry to unlock
.. but,if not is the real Gerry ... what is the point of continuing to write...then if says GB net...ok, they probably know that is a false Gerry
Back to top Go down
Chiara...
Random Babbler
Chiara...

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 11:24 am

Why...after so much say in any forum ... Gerry is not in twitter... right? Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 7 342276
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 3:14 pm

Gerry is not on Twitter. As a matter of fact, Fake Gerry got seriously PWNED this afternoon (as in called out, exposed). Here was the Tweet I just got from the real Rob Luketic (director of The Ugly Truth)...

Quote :
I am on the phone with Gerry Butler. @gerry_butler is a fraud. He is not Gerry. Gerry wants you to know this. Gerry does not tweet YET!

So we've not only heard it from Alan, but now from the man himself. It would seem last night that even Rob was briefly fooled by fake Gerry, so much so that he called Gerry directly to confirm. LOL!

A faker will eventually hang himself with his own rope. I guess the poser got too big for his/her britches and thought he/she couldn't be found out.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 3:16 pm

Moved to Unofficial Stuff since the account is not really Gerry.
Back to top Go down
ladyremi
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 3:52 pm

Told you guys so.... Let's move on from this wannabe Gerry.

DK, another spanking is more enjoyable than tweeting an imposter. tongue
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 6:24 pm

You know, it wasn't that you "told" us, it was how one really assumes to know Gerry.

As you would have seen my first impressions were suspicious.

Anyways, it was fun while it lasted. And he's still there.

Whatever, despite things, my world doesn't revolve around it...I know, I know, how awful of me to say that.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 6:54 pm

DonnaKat wrote:
TwitterGerry blocked me this morning. Sad
ladyremi wrote:
Told you guys so.... Let's move on from this wannabe Gerry. DK, another spanking is more enjoyable than tweeting an imposter. tongue
Yes, that's the way to be sensitive, Remi.

I'm sorry to everyone who was taken in by the Twit who Twittered as GB.
Back to top Go down
GerrysJewel
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal
GerrysJewel

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 7:45 pm

Well, good. I am glad the TRUTH finally won out. I knew it would come sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
celticwhisper
Boringly Sane
celticwhisper

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 8:08 pm

Yay! I thought it was fun, but took an ugly turn there in the last day or so. It's no fun if you're blocked by the dude you run a fansite for, and for no obvious reason. That's pretty mean, so I'm glad it's not the real Gerry. That would be pretty sucky, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Chiara...
Random Babbler
Chiara...

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 4:44 am

greyeyegoddess wrote:

Whatever, despite things, my world doesn't revolve around it...I know, I know, how awful of me to say that.

Idem
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 1:18 am

Just an FYI so you'll all know...the fake account, as of tonight, has been suspended. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 1:47 am

Checkmate ................ finally.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 1:49 am

You wanna know what's funny? I filed a formal complaint yesterday, complete with a ticket number, etc. Right about the same time the page was suspended, I got the email response:

Quote :
Your request has been deemed solved. You can review, comment and reopen the request, by following this link http://help.twitter.com/tickets/156328

Thanks!
Twitter Support

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

delbius, Apr 12 09:24 pm:
That account has been suspended.

Cheers,
Del

Well far be it from me to think that it was simply MY complaint that got the account suspended, but... Laughing

I guess if you want something done, you gotta do it yourself. Gerry should hire me as part of his PR team. Wink
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 1:52 am

So Mr Director should bring it to his attention ......... tout suite! lol!
Back to top Go down
celticwhisper
Boringly Sane
celticwhisper

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 11:08 am

Well, that saga is finally over.

I will say that this has been an interesting thread for discussion,though, and I'm so glad it wasn't taken down. Thanks for that.
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 4:36 pm

Amen to that!!!
Back to top Go down
sky_fitsheaven
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal
sky_fitsheaven

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 11:16 pm

This calls for the penis song!

Can I just say that the creepiest thing to come out of this is a post I read elsewhere referencing how people who personally know Gerry must have been fooled because they don't know Gerry like the persons who visit elsewhere know Gerry.

FTW? That, in my opinion, far surpassed any creepy thing Fake Gerry could have come up with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next