The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE

Go down 
+10
Oggy
Helena
Nay
celticwhisper
Leo
Dallas
dreamer
DonnaKat
ladyremi
sky_fitsheaven
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 4:39 am

You are right Alice, in that the very early posts were "Gerry like" (some of them were deleted but I remember them), but something very strange...

Every post this Twitterer has done has been from the web. Most people on the run will have at least a few posts from a portable device...especially celebrities.

An early post stated he'd be in Scotland after Philly. Yet later he says he'll be in NY. I don't know what to make of it, only that whoever is now posting...it seems to me that he/she is literally trying to mess with people's heads. And IMO, it's quite sick, actually.

ETA: Regarding Dallas' point about the tweets regaarding Lolita being in Scotland w/mum...someone stated on IMDB that she had a chance to ask Gerry about his dog, and was told that she was being taken care of in LA. Take that how you will...
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 5:44 am

lol! Fake Christopher Walken finally got his account suspended. He had been on there for a while and had amassed a LOT of followers. Just like fake Gerry, he was very believable and Walkenish in his tweets.

I'm assuming that it must be the real Steve Buscemi on Twitter, because just the other day he mentioned having lunch or something with Mr. Walken and had told him about the fake account. Now lo and behold it was taken down. I guess the real Christopher Walken didn't find it funny that someone was impersonating him... Wink
Back to top Go down
celticwhisper
Boringly Sane
celticwhisper

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 3:31 pm

I'm now on the "it's a fake" bandwagon.

Maybe I'm the strange one but if it *were* real, I'm not offended, think he's a sad person,empty, or any of those things. I read the replies as playful and just playing off other responses. TwitterGerry doesn't say anything different than the majority of guys I know IRL and it's not like I'm hanging with bottom of the barrel men over here,either. I guess it all goes back to Live and Let Live for me. If I don't like him, I'll just take a pass at the box office. Very simple business arrangement!

If it's fake and Gerry doesn't like it, I certainly support his right to know about it and/or end it and/or prosecute over it. That's only fair, especially if it's being done maliciously. I truly hope that's not the case, as I'd wish for anyone.

As a fan,his camp has made the statement that it's not him. If your head gets screwed up over it, then it's your own fault, IMO. I can't blame TwitterGerry for it. If your head gets screwed up over his personal life, barring murder, wife beating,etc., then again, it's your own fault for placing entirely too much emotional investment in a man that you don't know and probably never will.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 4:00 pm

celticwhisper wrote:
If your head gets screwed up over his personal life, barring murder, wife beating,etc., then again, it's your own fault for placing entirely too much emotional investment in a man that you don't know and probably never will.

Carve these words in stone somewhere please, CW. Wink
Back to top Go down
sky_fitsheaven
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal
sky_fitsheaven

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 7:06 pm

DonnaKat wrote:
lol! Fake Christopher Walken finally got his account suspended. He had been on there for a while and had amassed a LOT of followers. Just like fake Gerry, he was very believable and Walkenish in his tweets.

I'm assuming that it must be the real Steve Buscemi on Twitter, because just the other day he mentioned having lunch or something with Mr. Walken and had told him about the fake account. Now lo and behold it was taken down. I guess the real Christopher Walken didn't find it funny that someone was impersonating him... Wink

On a completely unrelated (or related) note, Elizabeth Banks (real) was apparently tweeted by fake Paul Rudd and briefly thought it was him. Someone is going to get embarassed very badly one day.

All fun & games aside, I agree that it's time Butler's people pull the plug on this one.

(btw, reading exact same discussion elsewhere makes me love this place even more. I love being surrounded by sane people who can have a laugh without acting like assholes or morons.)
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 7:09 pm

Who says we're sane? scratch

I know people say that a celeb can't be fake if other celebs are following them, but there is a chance that celebs can be fooled by fakers just like the rest of us. The good news is, eventually they'll most likely be in touch with the real deal and find out...unlike us (well, unless you're a stalker and/or happen to be 'lucky' enough to run into said celebrity half a dozen times, that is Rolling Eyes ).
Back to top Go down
sky_fitsheaven
sky_fitsheaven

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 7:14 pm

celticwhisper wrote:
I'm now on the "it's a fake" bandwagon.

I think it's fake just because, as I believe DK pointed out over at imdb, there's no reason for Gerry to say "No, not me" if it was. I wouldn't have an account if it wasn't for self promotion and networking, so it stands to reason that Gerard Butler would use Twitter as a tool to promote himself and his work. We're not talking about a secret account, like when Robert Pattison & one of the Olsons allegedly had a fake Facebook account. If he's denying he has the account, as far as I'm concerned it's case closed.
Back to top Go down
sky_fitsheaven
sky_fitsheaven

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 7:21 pm

DonnaKat wrote:
Who says we're sane? scratch

I know people say that a celeb can't be fake if other celebs are following them, but there is a chance that celebs can be fooled by fakers just like the rest of us. The good news is, eventually they'll most likely be in touch with the real deal and find out...unlike us (well, unless you're a stalker and/or happen to be 'lucky' enough to run into said celebrity half a dozen times, that is Rolling Eyes ).

I agree up until I remember Wendy Orr tweeted him back, and then I just feel squicky about the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 7:29 pm

I don't know, but I would doubt that Ms. Orr is in frequent contact with Gerry. She wrote the book of the movie he was in and she saw him at the Nims premiere, but I don't think they've had any contact since. She lives in Australia.

Who I'm really waiting for to expose him (if indeed he is fake) is Danny Masterson. I think that would be freaking hilarious!
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 8:31 pm

that would be, DK.

Personally, I don't always believe the "camp" of Gerry. I've been involved behind the scenes that what is told to the majority, isn't always the truth.

Do I hope it's Gerry? I could care less at this point.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
sky_fitsheaven
sky_fitsheaven

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 8:57 pm

DonnaKat wrote:
I don't know, but I would doubt that Ms. Orr is in frequent contact with Gerry. She wrote the book of the movie he was in and she saw him at the Nims premiere, but I don't think they've had any contact since. She lives in Australia.

I still feel bad that she tweeted him back twice. She's posting about puppy obedience school, for Christ's sake. It makes me want to grab something of Fake Gerry's and twist it off.
Back to top Go down
dreamer
dreamer

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 12:00 pm

I'm thinking a busy celebrity doesn't have the time on their hands to sit around twittering with people. There are safer more secure ways to communicate with the people they need to.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 12:06 pm

Actually there are a LOT of celebrities on Twitter, many of which have a much bigger name and fanbase than Gerry. It's a quick and convenient way for them to communicate with their fanbase, whether they do it themselves or through PR people. Not only that, but it's safer than other mediums of communication. The celebs claim to like it because it gives them a chance to communicate directly, without everything being filtered through tabloids.

I think it would be a good thing for Gerry to get a Twitter account. With all the bad publicity he has been receiving, in fact it might be the best thing for his public image right now.
Back to top Go down
Chiara...
Random Babbler
Chiara...

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 12:15 pm

sky_fitsheaven wrote:

I joined a Facebook group whose goal is to spread Nutella on Gerard Butler and lick it off.

HAHAHAHHAH... Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 4 646968
Back to top Go down
dreamer
dreamer

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 12:25 pm

I'm kind of out of touch these days so I don't know what kind of bad publicity you are talking about, DK. The thing about publicity is you either chose to believe or you don't. And I'm not just talking about GB, any celebrity any publicity.

As for twitter, anything is possible.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 12:45 pm

dreamer wrote:
I'm thinking a busy celebrity doesn't have the time on their hands to sit around twittering with people. There are safer more secure ways to communicate with the people they need to.

Actually, a lot of entertainers sit around waiting for the next scene, for rides, to board planes, etc, hence they are on the phone, texting, emailing all the time. Whether it's for work or personal, I don't know.

But they sure make is seem like they are the busiest people on the planet.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 12:58 pm

I'm not so sure that celebrities are any busier than the average working person. A lot of regular people work 40, 50, 60 hour weeks and juggle that with a spouse, kids, errands, etc...and all without personal assistants to take care of them.

The overly busy celebrity who's too 'busy' to communicate with his/her fanbase may, in fact, be a copout. Wink
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 12:59 pm

you got a point there, DK.
Back to top Go down
Chiara...
Random Babbler
Chiara...

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 1:09 pm

To be honest I think he is, I am not creating false hopes, a my little impression Confused of the rest of me does not matter. Also on facebook ... ok, a moment ... that he likes to entertain on the web is not a mystery, but how and by what roads hooks his contacts, these are a mystery.
Also on facebook first, there are too many Gerard Butler ... And one thing so... ridiculous!
My suspicion is that ...that among those there is even him! Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 4 342276
Do not forget that a man is very curious, careful in everything that concerns him, even to see what they say about him.
Even to see what and who writes about him, not only for search to contact some colleagues (female Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 4 718795 ) and certainly a twitter contact may also be a good idea at the time for his ego and his curiosity.
I had tried a week ago with this "supposed" Gerry, I took a his phrase sull'haggins , well, replied yes .. but with very "friendly"...well... practically sent me to the devil! ...hahahaha... Of course... I would go to hell with pleasure if I could find at least Leonidas to have dinner, a real massive man!.. Perving

Chiara: haggis? Mhm ...I've never eaten

Gerry: Don't want to start anything. Smile

BAh....
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 1:42 pm

Twitter Gerry put "Don't want to start anything" after another post he said about Shanna Moakler. He then deleted the Shanna Moakler comment. So the comment about not starting anything was related to the deleted comment about Shanna, if that makes any sense.

That same night he responded to me, but it was a cranky comment. Laughing

Twitter Gerry posts a lot of comments that he ends up deleting. I've been following him since he first started the account, and he does it quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Chiara...
Random Babbler
Chiara...

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 1:49 pm

mhmm... Confused
Back to top Go down
Chiara...
Random Babbler
Chiara...

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 1:53 pm

well as long as it keeps him busy for a while ... probably try something else again... a bit like with women ... ehehehee
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 3:00 pm

interesting posts lately...still claiming to be him.

Thinking, you know, if it really wasn't him, wouldn't it have been taken down already?

Usually when someone impersonates Gerry and it's reported, then it's taken down immediately. Why not this one?
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 3:36 pm

And I'm still being ignored. Evil or Very Mad I will do no more shameless groveling.

And yes, he did come across as an asshole. At least whoever this Twitterer is has some sort of conscience to admit it and take a second look.
Back to top Go down
Oggy
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor
Oggy

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 3:57 pm

I for one don't care if it is the real one or fake, I am just having a fun time reading things. I do think that it is the real Jason Statham and I sent him a message today so we will see if I get a response as he is now following me. hahahaha I think this is a blast......... twitter, twitter, twitter goes the little bird.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next