The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE

Go down 
+10
Oggy
Helena
Nay
celticwhisper
Leo
Dallas
dreamer
DonnaKat
ladyremi
sky_fitsheaven
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 12:29 pm

Well I guess I just don't "know" him as well as some of the more "dedicated" fans, then.

Maybe it's because I haven't watched each and every interview he's done, and haven't hung on every last word he has said the past year and a half that I've been following his career. Maybe if I had met him in person 3, 4, 5 times like some on other forums have told stories of, I might "know" him better to earn the right to have an opinion.

Some fans are more dedicated than others, and I suppose I'm simply one that doesn't "know" him all that well.

And maybe that's a good thing, who knows?
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 12:36 pm

I think I used to, no wait, I couldn't tell you anything he really said in his interviews, because I don't remember them...

So, I guess I'm not a real fan...it's ok.

It will be interesting to see what happens, though. If T-Ger leaves or not.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Chiara...
Random Babbler
Chiara...

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 12:45 pm

I follow him,from the film Dracula ... for years, I have read so many ... .. maybe too much ... her interviews were often repetitive.
Perhaps that is why although, ever met personally face to face, something, my a little opinion on his modus operandi comes from...I mean,wow 9 years...how time passes!
Back to top Go down
celticwhisper
Boringly Sane
celticwhisper

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 12:54 pm

I certainly don't consider myself in the same league of dedicated as the majority. I've never met him, I've never spoke to him, and i certainly don't think I know him.

However, I do recall the Cameron Diaz /dog incident and how that got blown way out of proportion on one of the mothership boards. Also Gerry making several homosexual jokes, despite the fact that many in his circle are gay. I also recall a statement encouraging the women of Philly to make provocative statements to him. Combine that with a few ComicCon panels and you've something that says,"There's a side of Gerry that appreciates a little crass humor." It seems entirely plausible that TwitterGerry has the same sense of humor. If he were to wander on to this forum or any number of others, he'd probably find that we have a lot in common when it comes to a bit of crass humor.
Back to top Go down
sky_fitsheaven
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal
sky_fitsheaven

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 4:56 pm

I have to give him this: Fake Gerry is more interesting than Real Hugh Jackman, regardless of whether his intentions are playful or something else.
Back to top Go down
sky_fitsheaven
sky_fitsheaven

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:01 pm

greyeyegoddess wrote:
You know what would suck, though? If it was really him, and everyone wanted him off twitter because they didn't think it was him...

What would that say about his fans? Do they REALLY know him?

I don't think it's a case of "It can't be him because he's not charming enough or I don't like his threesome jokes" but more like "Oh look, one more fake celeb." Even real celebs are debating amongst themselves as to whether a person who tweeted them is real - all today I was watching two of them go back and forth with "Do you think it's really him? I think it's really him. Well, why don't you think it's really him?"
Back to top Go down
GerrysJewel
GerrysJewel

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:48 pm

Gerry or no Gerry - I am staying away from Twitter and sites like it. Anybody could be anybody.

OK I ADMIT IT - I AM THE FAKE GERRY! Geeesuz. Tough crowd.

No, I am not really - I was just saying that to make a point. Did it work?
Back to top Go down
ladyremi
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 6:27 pm

Can we close this thread? Fake Gerry is not real and only will be important if he was the real deal. Cool
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 8:13 pm

GerrysJewel wrote:
OK I ADMIT IT - I AM THE FAKE GERRY! Geeesuz. Tough crowd.

No, I am not really - I was just saying that to make a point. Did it work?

Darn, I was hoping you would be....lol!
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 8:16 pm

ladyremi wrote:
Can we close this thread? Fake Gerry is not real and only will be important if he was the real deal. Cool

Why close the thread?

Why do you believe it's a fake? Because .net says so?

I'm sorry to tell you that .net is not the last say in Gerry's life with regards to his fans. There have been many times that they have been wrong, just to hide things from fans until later on. The only reason I can tell you this is because I have worked behind the scenes with .net and GALS, and others...

No, I don't know Gerry either...

The only thing about this is that if we close it here, the discussion will take place elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 8:23 pm

But DK, do whatever you feel needs to be done...

If you feel we've beaten a dead horse, close it.

If we are waiting to see what happens, keep it open.
Back to top Go down
sky_fitsheaven
sky_fitsheaven

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 8:56 pm

Dead horse or not, hilarious article about fake celebs on Twitter: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30032294
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 9:04 pm

lol...

So if Gerry's real, he's boring?

If he's fake, he's not?

hmmm...that might disappoint a lot of fans, don't you think?
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 9:42 pm

I don't see any need to close the thread.

The jury still seems to be out on it. Besides, we've discussed other things besides "Gerry" regarding Twitter in this thread as well.

I find the entire thing fascinating, if nothing else.
Back to top Go down
ladyremi

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 10:22 pm

greyeyegoddess wrote:
lol...

So if Gerry's real, he's boring?

If he's fake, he's not?

hmmm...that might disappoint a lot of fans, don't you think?

No, the more imagination that they put into this fake Gerry's image, the more I realize the social imagination is gone. Rolling Eyes In other words, people need to move on and/or tweet the real Gerry. Oh, wait what makes Gerry real? Maybe it is an imposer or maybe he is playing a practical joke? f**k THE MADNESS! I'm confused. lmao. Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 6 6095
Back to top Go down
GerrysJewel
GerrysJewel

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 10:42 pm

Ok. I said I would stay away....but I have been reading. I am not signing up and I am not replying or "following" anyone.

But you all catch one of his last comments? Real/fake Gerry that is...

"Am contemplating accepting an offer to do a play on Broadway next year. It's alot of work and would take up alot of my time. Undecided.11:52 AM Apr 6th from web"

Could it be? The PHANTOM ROLE?!?!?!?!

DK - someone - try to get more info out of this one! THis may be the catalyst to see if this guy's for real. Even if he is........OMG the thought of Gerry on broadway.....I NEED to hear him SING More!!!

Must stay away from Twitter.....must stay away!!
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:26 pm

I think that could also be a good example of a good troll trying to get a reaction.

If Twitterhead Gerry is a fake, he/she knows enough about Butler and his fandom to play the part and poke the fans with a stick (post). Twitter G's posts re: exotic women and "multiples" were posted when the gossip sites and IMDB were all a-twitter with that latest gossip. It seemed like more stick poking to me. All it takes to pull off a good hoax is someone with half a brain, who pays attention to what goes on in Butlerworld, and time on their hands.

Fake Gerry sounds a lot like Diana/Nox to me.

I could be wrong, but never underestimate what motivated people can do.

Last edited by Dallas on Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:38 pm

Interesting, D lady.

Please, fans...Phantom again? You want precious Gerry to play a part that put him into the depths of an abyss he really shouldn't be going to again?

Wow...

Ok, coming from a non Broadway person, does a Broadway play or performance always have to be a musical?
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:45 pm

Nope. It can be just a play, not a musical. There are both.

Edit to add:
If anyone is interested in info on current Broadway and off-Broadway shows, go to: www.broadway.com
Back to top Go down
celticwhisper
Boringly Sane
celticwhisper

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 12:05 am

I still think it's a fake but this has been a source of fun. Had it not been for TwitterGerry, I might never have stumbled onto TheRealMattDamon and Jason Statham. Now those two are entertaining!
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 12:22 am

lol...I agree. It has been fun.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 5:24 am

I don't see why the thread needs to close. No-one has offended anyone else here. It's not as though someone has used foul analogies to score points either.

Does someone have a link to this guy/girl's Twitter posts or do you have to be a member to read what is posted?

I don't have and will not ever be getting a Twitter account so come on ... help a friend out. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ladyremi

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 5:48 am

The reason why I said that this thread should be closed is because the thought of talking about Fake Gerry is quite boring. Suspect
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 10:14 am

Well remi, if it's boring to you, I'm sure there are other more interesting threads on this forum to choose from. Wink I don't close threads simply out of 'boredom'.

Nay, I don't think you have to be a member to read the posts:
http://www.twitter.com/gerry_butler

BTW, Twitter Gerry posted about 10 or 11 last night my time. Now if we find out Gerry is still in Scotland, then that would mean "he" would have had to have been posting around 4-5am Scotland time. I find this highly unlikely. Even if he is up during those hours, I doubt he'd be Twittering random fans on the internet.
Back to top Go down
dreamer
dreamer

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 11:52 am

I thought this site was the place to come and discuss anything and say whatever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE   Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gerry on Twitter - CONFIRMED FAKE
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next