The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Musings

Go down 
+6
Dani Blue
Sharabella
sami_stardust
Nay
LegoJulie
DonnaKat
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Random Musings - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 10:00 pm

I clicked on that link, Nay...do they sell records? I saw an Aussie online store. Maybe I missed the event or something?

We had yet ANOTHER ice storm last weekend. I spent the entire day on Monday chipping almost 2 inches of ice from my driveway. My car got stuck AGAIN and when I finally got it out, I decided to park it at the top of the hill until everything thawed out. Good news is, it's almost melted now. I am SO DONE with winter!!

Funny thing, I'm listening to Three Dog Night right now. "Mama Told Me Not to Come".... Smile
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 5:44 pm

sami_stardust wrote:
OH!! I LOVE THREE DOG NIGHT! I have a long mix cd of their stuff that I still listen to all the time. Of course, it isn't the same without Chuck Negron..........

Sami! Sami! Sami! You're alive!!! *multiple exclamation marks of joy* How are you? What's new? 

DonnaKat wrote:
I clicked on that link, Nay...do they sell records? I saw an Aussie online store. Maybe I missed the event or something?

DK! DK! You're here!!! I wish you'd drop in more often. How's that Aussie co-worker? 

That link is an online Aussie department store of 24 hour specials. That particular one was for dog  beds shaped like human sofas with fancy upholstery. I thought immediately of Coco.

Random:

I love Saturdays. Early walk, buy the paper, pooches on play date, quiet cup of tea, make phone calls, chores, gardening, afternoon siesta, nice dinner, glass of something  Wink  and relaxxxxxxxx. 
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 5:48 pm

Oops, I forgot someone. 

Dalllllllaaaaas. Dearest. I love what you do. Post here more often. 
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 11:01 pm

Ick, daylight savings time is starting again. So dumb.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 1:04 am

Eeeek, I forgot Julie! Forgive me? 

What's wrong with daylight saving? 
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 6:00 am

Used to start in late April. It's only early March now. Making everyone change their clocks back and forth, back and forth. Now with so much computerization, lots of things go haywire when they change time. Going into DS isn't as bad as going from DS into standard. That's when we also get double timestamps. My cable TV guide doesn't work right for a day or two. My MMO game timers are all off. My internal sense of time is thrown out of whack. I've seen traffic light just sit there and blink for a day or two. Sending kids to school in the pitch dark, gee, that's really safe for those who walk, especially with drivers who lost an hour of sleep. Many get to work or school late on Monday after DS starts.

I don't like the system. Maybe it's just me.

PS: You forgot me? That's wonderful! *ninja ninja ninja*
Back to top Go down
lindamtrutt
Random Babbler
lindamtrutt

Number of posts : 69

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 7:13 am

Julie, it is not only you I am not a fan of daylight savings time either. Just wish they would leave the clocks alone, have to remember to change every clock in the house, my watch and he car clock, and loose sleep that I wish I could have stayed in bed this morning but no my clock said it was 7 AM so time to get up to fix breakfast for my family who have to leave soon for Sunday school. Plus I will have to drive to work in the dark for a few weeks till the Earth adjusts which I am not a fan of driving in the dark.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 7:26 am

LegoJulie wrote:
PS: You forgot me? That's wonderful! *ninja ninja ninja*

Nooooooooooooooooo not the ninja! Shocked 

MMO timers? Que? Speakie English. 

Random:

Ever eaten homemade pizza with two beagles eyeballing your every move? Like tri-coloured, slowly blinking, motionless sphinxes.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 1:09 pm

Not just clocks, but wristwatches and Gameboys, too. Ugh!

MMO = Massive Multiplayer Online. As in games like World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy, Star Wars, Everquest, etc. Never know if the reset timers will follow the clock, or be off by an hour. It can matter if you're trying to get certain things done.

I've eaten tuna salad sandwiches with 2 orange tabbies eyeballing my every move. The furry orange and white sphinxes didn't blink. I turned my back for a second and the leftover tuna on the table was gone, along with the tabbies.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 8:02 pm

My cat-owner has no interest in people food-- however, I have to keep an eye on my ice tea. I've found her ear deep in my glass more than once.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 11:33 pm

I've noticed that catnip smells a lot like some teas.
Back to top Go down
lindamtrutt
Random Babbler
lindamtrutt

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 5:39 am

No matter what I am I have two dogs both watching me take every bite, just waiting for me to drop a crumb but I can leave my plate on the table or desk and neither will go after the food.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 4:11 pm

Dogs are different. You own the dogs, but cats own you.  Random Musings - Page 7 473746 Cats think everything in the house belongs to them, especially food.
Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 4:10 am

Did someone say ninja? Suspect 

This whole "spring forward" has got me all messed up.  I got home and thought it was about 7 but no it was 8. The weather was gorgeous and I has no idea that it had gotten that late.  

So I watched The Voice that I recorded ( since I missed the first half screwing around in DST).

The last guy who performed-- amazing. He's a white guy with gingery facial hair. Married with three children.  Kind of a little guy. His voice was shocking. And singing that George Michael song was something else.  Preach it Josh!!!

For your enjoyment:

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 4:18 am

I really liked this kid that had never sung in front of audience before.

Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 4:53 am

Today, I was nominated anonymously on a local radio station as someone's favourite teacher. 

I am mighty chuffed.  cheers
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 4:54 am

Those two young guys were amazing, Dallas. Thanks for sharing. I would buy an album made by the first guy, Josh. That's my type of music.
Back to top Go down
lindamtrutt
Random Babbler
lindamtrutt

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 5:49 am

Dallas, they both are very good. I don't watch the voice so thank you for sharing them here.

The weather has been beautiful here in GA since Friday and just hope that the cold is gone and more beautiful weather coming. It feels like spring in GA
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 11:27 am

"One More Try" is one of my favorite George Michael songs. I have a couple of George's albums. His pop stuff is good, but his soul/blues songs are great. Those 2 Voice contestants are pretty good. I saw a few minutes at the beginning but the commercials annoyed me so I switched to something else and missed these two. Thanks, Dallas.

Congratulations, Nay! You're making a difference for someone. Sure makes all the hassles worthwhile.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 10:44 pm

Nay, well rock on with your bad self.....Proud 

Congrats.   Very Happy 

BTW, the second guy sang a Bruno Mars song. I have several of his CDs and I think you would really like them Nay. You should check them out.

As for George Michael, I have to agree with you Julie. Just so good....

I'm getting ready to watch The Voice that I dvr'd this evening. I love that this show is on Monday and Tuesday evenings.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 5:25 am

Thanks Julie and Dallas. I've found out a few more details but do not know who nominated me. The hunt is on!

Can you suggest some George Michael albums with that sound?
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 9:25 am

Looking on amazon.com, I see "Ladies & Gentlemen: The Best of George Michael". This link is the CD format. They have it in DVD and mp3 also. The first disc has the soul songs, the second has pop and faster beat songs, his earlier music just after leaving Wham! Very different styles.

http://www.amazon.com/Ladies-Gentlemen-Best-George-Michael/dp/B00000DHRX/ref=pd_cp_mov_0

I haven't heard any of Bruno Mars's new stuff in the last couple of years. I thought his "The Lazy Song" was fun, and both the regular video and the one starring Leonard Nimoy are hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 5:30 pm

Nay, I have a George Michael CD that is good.  I think it might be a "Best of" type of CD.  I'll look it up when I get home.  If for some reason I don't post the name in the next 24 hrs, pm me.  I have a ton going on right now and could very easily forget.....

Update:

Nay, I can't find my "Best Of" CD to tell you the exact title. I have a huge CD collection that is alphabetized and it is not in its spot. However my "Faith" CD is there and it is really good too. It has "One More Try" on it and was the 1988 Grammy winner for Album of the Year.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 2:31 am

BTW, George Michael's duet with Elton John ("Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me") is still one of my all time favorites.

Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 3:48 pm

Rights! You've both made me look into a George Michael best of album. I acknowledge he has a unique voice but I still struggle getting past the public toilet incident. Bruno Mars is someone I don't know a lot about but I'll look into him.

My musical tastes includes a lot of dead people.  Laughing Frank Sinatra, Sam Cooke, Lou Rawls, Edith Piaf. Mixture of soul and R & B with the odd splash of folky. 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Musings
Page 7 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next