The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Musings

Go down 
+6
Dani Blue
Sharabella
sami_stardust
Nay
LegoJulie
DonnaKat
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Random Musings - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 10:10 pm

I'm watching the Olympics Parade of Nations. Idiot announcer said Macedonia follows Brazil because of the Cyrillic alphbet, if you need more information, Google it.

REALLY???

They can tell me how many broken bones each athlete walking in has, but can't say why Macedonia (not even it's formal name) followed Brazil?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 6:11 am

Hi ladies. Dropping in for a quick minute. Internet probs. Hope you're all well.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 9:27 am

I'm in the beginning stage of whatever bug kid brought home and kept her home from school for almost a week and so is husband. THIS is a big problem when living with other people.  Mad Sad Mad Sad
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 6:48 am

Oh crap, Julie and Julie's husband. Sprog brought home more than her homework.

Winter Olympics mean little to me. Maybe if I lived in the northern hemisphere I'd be more knowledgeable. I have heard the dreadful stories about athletes quarters though. What did people expect, really?  Random Musings - Page 6 816175 

Gamer was sheer rubbish hyped to sound creative. Directors/writers were woeful.

DK, that sounds quite scary. Were you shaken up? This winter in both the US and UK has been just extraordinary. Whole cities flooded or snow bound and brought to an absolute standstill.

Shar, how are you chickie?

Where's Sami? I want SAMI!!
Back to top Go down
lindamtrutt
Random Babbler
lindamtrutt

Number of posts : 69

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 6:48 am

Julie, sorry your little one brought home a bug and you and hubby caught it. Hope your feeling better soon. My son had the flu and lucky for me no one else caught it and we had had the flu shot.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 4:56 pm

Yeah! It's finally thawing out a little. Show and ice are turning to nasty, cold mud. I WANT SPRING! Maybe now the darn starlings will stop stealing my cat food and then pooping it all over my car as they fly off.

I've been watching a little of the Olympics (not a lot of choice--everything else is reruns) I do love to watch the ice skating. How can anyone be that graceful balanced on ice and thin blades?
Back to top Go down
lindamtrutt
Random Babbler
lindamtrutt

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 7:16 pm

Sharabella, I have missed seeing you post on Bacic Forum which Anne is going to close as soon as the current contract expires so you might want to stop buy there one last time before it closes to say good bye I miss your drawings too does not matter who you draw I love them.
It is warmer today than it has been in three weeks I too want spring, Bring it on.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 5:23 am

Helloooooooooooooo. Is anyone hereeeeeeeeeeeeee?

Hi Linda, Shar and Julie. Where's Sami?
Back to top Go down
lindamtrutt
Random Babbler
lindamtrutt

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 6:42 am

Nay, I am here most of the time just lurking till I see something I want to reply too.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 6:43 am

Randoms:

Damn, I have really enjoyed the new season of Sherlock. The scenes of John's buck's night were hilarious. Not sure I can see the return of Moriarty as a believable conclusion though. All in all, a better watching experience than Elementary. The chemistry is nil.

February' weather has given us quite a backhanded slap at the end of the summer season. The heat has returned and the humidity comes early in the day and stays late into the night. But my roses have new growth everywhere and the grass needs mowing fortnightly. So the heat's a blessing and a curse.

This past week has seen me embroiled in a lost puppy situation. He'd been found wandering on Saturday by neighbours and tossed in the pound on Sunday. Maybe it's because the little one is a beagle but I became very concerned about his future safety. Consequently I tried to pull a few strings to get him a potential GOOD home after his time in the council pound and track down his owners. Sadly, his owners had been alerted and released him from purgatory. Now he goes back to living with fleas, ticks and poor food. If I see him lost again, even though I now know where he lives, I may quietly give him to better people. We need a permit to drive a car, build an extension and blow up fireworks. Yet any moron can have a pet or a child and not raise them well. Go freaking figure.

Back to top Go down
lindamtrutt
Random Babbler
lindamtrutt

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 7:01 am

Anyone here see the new Sci Fi show on the CW called Star-Crossed? I liked the first episode and will be looking to watch more. Just wondering if it caught anyone else here.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 9:42 am

Still here. Alive and coughing.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 5:58 pm

Haven help me---I just lost my mind and joined a "health club"! disbelief  While my primary idea was to be able to do laps in the pool (I have bad knees) I fear that they will attach me to one of those enormous machines and force me to SWEAT.
Back to top Go down
lindamtrutt
Random Babbler
lindamtrutt

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 6:37 am

Sharabella, I was a member of the YMCA they never made me do anything I did not want to do, I liked some of the machines but I loved the water exercise class it was the best. We (my family) go a few times a week.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 10:58 pm

I'm here, I've been BUSY!! We had an audit last week which forced me to put in extra hours, then spent a lot of my evenings not at home due to family "stuff and thangs".

Never saw "Star Crossed", Linda...I don't watch 11 much but if a show is good. The Walking Dead (my favorite show) and Downton Abbey have been taking up much of my time. I do like Duck Dynasty too....and Doctor Who returns in late summer. Smile

Nay, you'll be happy to know that I now have a full blown Aussie working with me in my office. His accent is thicker than sourgum molasses, but I'm slowly learning how to understand what he says. He's cool, I like him. Smile

On another note, my brother and I are totally into records. We went "antiquing" earlier today and I came back with a small stack of goodies, including some very old 78's. And I may or may not be listening to the Bee Gees right now. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 12:31 am

Speaking of old music. I actually went to a Three Dog Night concert last night. They still sound great, and the songs took me back to my (much) younger days.
Back to top Go down
lindamtrutt
Random Babbler
lindamtrutt

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 9:34 am

Sharabella, I would not have minded going to see Three Dog Night myself I love their music.

Donna, sorry you have not see Star-Crossed it was the first episode and worth watching in my opinion. I came on by accident and it looks good
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 4:41 pm

DK, it feels like some work audit thingy didn't happen that long ago for you.

An Aussie! Woohoo  cheers Some tips - ask him to speak a little slower for you, get used to total irreverence verging on the blunt sledgehammer approach, be quick witted or you might be the subject of a prank or two, tell him you like vegemite, thongs, sunshine and cold beer.

Shar, I haven't heard of Three Dog night. Is it a Beatles tribute? I shall look it up.

Summer is nearly over here but the early mornings and early evenings are just blissful. Mild temps, soft light, perfect for yard work and a cold drink outside. Beagle brats are well - cheeky and funny as usual. Work has been busier than I expected.
Back to top Go down
lindamtrutt
Random Babbler
lindamtrutt

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 7:50 pm

Nay, Wish it was warm here we have had a rather cold winter and snow here in GA, USA which we don't get every winter.

Three Dog Night was a rock band of the late 1960's to early 1970's they were good and had good songs.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 5:11 am

Hello all!

DK, check this out: http://m.catchoftheday.com.au/event/37398

Where's Sami? I'm getting worried. Juuuuulieeeeeeeee!  Random Musings - Page 6 925981 

Back to top Go down
lindamtrutt
Random Babbler
lindamtrutt

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 8:56 am

Nay, What a cute idea and loved the dogs in the photos.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 1:26 pm

I just sneezed and my ears itched. I think someone took my name in vain.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 6:52 pm

'Twas me. How are you feeling? Crusty nose no more? Phlegmy cough all gone? 

Glorious Sunday weather today. Just makes me feel lazy.
Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 10:55 pm

Shar -  Three Dog Night performed at a corporate meeting that I was at several years ago....maybe 6 or 7 years ago?
There were only 2 of the original 3, so I was calling them Two Dog Night all night.  They were still good, but I really can't remember much of the  show.  It was that kind of night.

Random fact: It was 81 degrees F. here today.  Tomorrow the high will only be in the 60s and the low will be around 21.  So, a drop of 60 degrees by tomorrow night.  What. The. Hell.

I wish I had sat on a patio this afternoon and had a drink instead of running errands.  Although, it was so gloriously beautiful today I enjoyed being out and about.  I am so ready for spring....
I am not looking forward to tomorrow night.  I hate the cold.  I'm getting grumpy just thinking about it.

That is all.  Hello to everyone..... Random Musings - Page 6 166223
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 12:09 pm

OH!! I LOVE THREE DOG NIGHT! I have a long mix cd of their stuff that I still listen to all the time. Of course, it isn't the same without Chuck Negron..........
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Musings
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next