The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Musings

Go down 
+6
Dani Blue
Sharabella
sami_stardust
Nay
LegoJulie
DonnaKat
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Random Musings - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 10:17 pm

Happy birthday, Dallas! Are you drinking virgins' blood? 105 is scary old!

Linda, good cantors, psalmists, song leaders are treasures. I'm sure he laughed because groupie is a cute way describing your appreciation, but can be potentially awkward if you started stalking him. Wink Most people who serve in religious communities, the ones who keep everything working right, make little to nothing and get ordered around a lot. They need to know and hear that they're appreciated. I'm glad you told him.
Back to top Go down
lindamtrutt
Random Babbler
lindamtrutt

Number of posts : 69

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 6:09 am

Julie, He knows he is appreciated by most of the women at Temple he is very easy on the eyes as well. He is a very nice man wish he was around more, I am sure I will see him sing adon olam in May at our Rabbi's son's Bar Mitzvah.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 1:23 pm

Do you have women cantors at your temple?
Back to top Go down
lindamtrutt
Random Babbler
lindamtrutt

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 6:54 pm

No but our Rabbi's wife started the Temple singers as they call themselves the GLT singers for Gesher L'Torah (which means bridge to the Torah). They sing at events like our Purim Festival and other events. All have nice voices, kind of like a church choir
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 3:13 am

That's pretty neat. Thanks, I was just curious.
Back to top Go down
lindamtrutt
Random Babbler
lindamtrutt

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 6:59 am

Julie, Anytime I know that there are female Rabbi's so there could be female cantors as well. Anytime you have a question about anything Jewish feel free to ask I don't mind talking about it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angela_Warnick_Buchdahl   Here is a page about Angela Warnick Buchdahl who is a female Rabbi/Cantor who is the first Asian-American person to be ordained. I saw her on TV and she really impressed me.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 7:29 pm

I like good voices in Church regardless of which faith is followed. They enrich the experience immensely. 

Randoms:

Far North Queensland has been deluged by Cyclone Ita. No lives lost to my knowledge but roads blocked, rivers swollen and damage to infrastructure. 230kph winds. Now it has been reduced to a tropical low passing slowly down the coast and out to sea. Fortunately, we're far enough away that we've just had light, consistent rain. 

Holidays are half over. Groan.

Good to see Sami back on deck. My God, this Westie has personality!

Game of Thrones Season 3. OMG. Does anyone watch it? 

Julie, how's your mother? 
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 9:33 pm

Thanks for the BD wishes! I spent it rather uneventfully, working and then going to the parents for dinner.

I don't get HBO anymore, but we got a free weekend a few weeks ago and I DVR'd Game of Thrones seasons 1-3 and got totally addicted. Unfortunately, I can't see what happens now because I don't get HBO and I'm not addicted enough to pay for HBO to be able to find out. I guess there's always Netflix in a few months. Right now I'm suffering from The Walking Dead withdrawals until October. I might watch Lost all the way through or something. Or maybe take up crocheting.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 11:47 pm

Female rabbis are new to me. Happy to know there are some.

My mother is fine. She is trying to decide when to retire.

I never got into Game of Thrones. Don't want to yet. One of these years I'll probably sit down and watch the whole thing all at once.
Back to top Go down
lindamtrutt
Random Babbler
lindamtrutt

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 6:15 am

Nay, I agree singing is nice no matter what religion it is.

Donna, we got a year free HBO but I am not getting addicted to Game of Thrones even though I have friends and family (cousins) who love the show.

Julie, Female Rabbi's was new to me as well till we went to a Bar Mitzvah a few years ago and they had a female Rabbi that is why I was so impressed when I saw the TV special about Rabbi Angela Warnick Buchdahl. Tonight starts the first night of Passover so we are going to friends house for a Seder I so look forward to all the good food and wine.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 10:53 am

Good Passover! And belated Happy Thai New Year to all! I forgot it was yesterday and passed up an opportunity to douse the rugrat in water.
Back to top Go down
lindamtrutt
Random Babbler
lindamtrutt

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 6:00 am

Happy Thai New Year as well,
Thanks Julie for the Passover wishes we had a good seder with friends last night
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 11:29 pm

I have been watching Lost on Netflix. I tried to watch it years back after missing a few seasons and didn't understand. Now that I'm watching it all the way through, it makes more sense.

Have I mentioned I'm suffering from The Walking Dead withdrawals???
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 11:43 pm

Can you watch the WD on Netflix?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 8:43 pm

Happy Easter everyone!
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 1:30 am

Happy Easter!
Back to top Go down
lindamtrutt
Random Babbler
lindamtrutt

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 7:22 am

I second that Happy Easter!
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 12:30 am

Waiting for everyone to come out of their recent food coma.
Back to top Go down
lindamtrutt
Random Babbler
lindamtrutt

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 5:51 am

Julie, I am here but still in a food coma since we are having birthday celebrations at work too much good food and another birthday coming up in two weeks. Wonder what they will do for that birthday since it is mine and I will not be part of the planning for it. Plus hubby will take me out to dinner for birthday/Mother's Day and we also have a Bar Mitzvah that weekend so I will be in a food coma for awhile.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 10:28 pm

I can Julie, but the eps aren't new. I think I need to go try the webisodes.

Happy belated Easter, everyone! I'm in hockey playoff coma right now. Have I mentioned how much I hate the Blackhawks? Cuz I do. Random Musings - Page 10 904518 
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 8:59 pm

What's hockey?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 5:00 am

Hi everyone! How are you all? All chocolates out? 

Australia celebrated Anzac Day last Friday which made it a long weekend. 

They shall grow not old,
As we who are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them, 
Nor the years condemn. 

Lest we forget.

I'm watching the Australian episode of 'Modern Family'. Such funny writing and even funnier acting.

Current garden project is re-concreting the front pathway and adding more sandstone and slate. It's time consuming but rewarding. My neighbour, a welder by trade, is turning my cast iron panels into security screens. Both are jobs that have been waiting for nearly four years so I'm excited to see the end results. 
Back to top Go down
lindamtrutt
Random Babbler
lindamtrutt

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 11:30 am

Nay, I loved the episode of Modern Family in Australia love that show, so funny.

I got sick at work yesterday managed to make it home with our tossing my cookies and spent the rest of the day in bed, when I did get up to use the restroom up came the cookies. ugh  pale Now trying to feel better hate being sick on a weekend. Just finally ate something hope it will stay down.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 1:34 am

Never seen Modern Family and not interested.
Nay have you run into GB yet?
Linda, get well.
I think I saw Sami commenting on something about GB somewhere around here.
Back to top Go down
lindamtrutt
Random Babbler
lindamtrutt

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 6:05 am

Julie, Thanks for the get well wishes feeling much better. Modern Family is a very funny show I love it sorry you have no interest it checking it out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Musings
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next