The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Musings

Go down 
+6
Dani Blue
Sharabella
sami_stardust
Nay
LegoJulie
DonnaKat
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Random Musings - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 5:32 am

Golly, that may be the longest post EVER in this thread, Linda! Does your son go to the panels with you? Never been to one of those Con events; not sure I'm interested enough to attend. 

Where on earth is Sami? I'm getting worried. Sami!

DonnaKatherine, that car is niiiiiiice. Rather corporate looking. Are you one of those suits? I can see you belting out "Staying Alive" while driving in your new flashy wheels.  Laughing 

JulieJulieJulie, what's new? Seen any good movies lately? I watched the 1st (to refresh my memory) and 2nd of the Hunger Games series last weekend. Seeing Phillip Seymour Hoffman was a little sad. 
Back to top Go down
lindamtrutt
Random Babbler
lindamtrutt

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 5:50 am

Julie, I understand there are many shows that interest me like last year meeting Lucy Lawless was the highlight of the con, I guess I am a huge geek. I saw a movie yesterday with Kevin Sorbo and Dean Cain. Called God's Not Dead. It was a good movie. They have made it more comfortable for folks staying in town even without the con.

Nay, My son went to two Dragon Cons at age 4 & 5. and loved it but when he went at 5 years old some of the folks dressed in costume wore almost nothing and my husband felt that it was too much skin for a 5 year old but he did go to one panel with me at age 4 it was a Gene Roddenbery's Andromeda Panel with the director David Winning and actor Steve Bacic, my son was so cute and Steve being a dad of young kids at the time was playing games at the signing table with my son and than after the panel went to get a photo with Steve and my son had to get into the photo for long time after that my son had to watch Andromeda with me till it went off the air. My son is into Sci Fi stuff more like the Avengers, Thor, Iron Man, Captain America and Hunger games stuff.
I see you saw Catching Fire I have seen it twice in the movies and now own the DVD. I agree seeing Phillip Seymour Hoffman is sad. I saw it the second time in the movies the day before I heard he died, I was very upset. Much of Catching Fire was filmed here in Atlanta, GA. the scene on the elevators was filmed in one of the hotels they use for Dragon Con the Marriott Marquis Hotel. Last year at Dragon Con I was wearing my Hunger games shirt and folks at the Marriott kept telling me you know that was filmed here, and I would say yes, I know and think to myself any good Hunger games fan who attends Dragon Con would know that information, after all I am a Sci Fi geek. LOL!!!  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 2:34 pm

DK, Love your Malibu. I drive one too, of course It's a few years older (as am I Wink ) and yes, they go in bad weather.

I guess I'm more into cruises than cons right now, but there isn't anyone I'm dying to see.
Back to top Go down
lindamtrutt
Random Babbler
lindamtrutt

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 5:47 am

Sharabella, a con is cheaper for me since it is here in Atlanta I can commute if I have no one to room with. Plus there is always someone that comes that I have to meet. Last year it was Billy Dee Williams and Lucy Lawless, The year before it was Richard Dean Anderson and Dean Cain. So far the guest list for this years con is no big deal but hoping it will get better and Karl Urban has been to Dallas Con and MegaCon so hoping and praying he comes to Dragon Con cause I want to meet him.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 10:25 am

What's with this weather? It was bordering on hot last week and now I'm freezing my hind quarters off.
Back to top Go down
lindamtrutt
Random Babbler
lindamtrutt

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 6:04 pm

Julie, Same here in GA no clue why the weather has been so crazy
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 6:32 pm

Quick cruise by, ladies. How are you all?

Easter holiday break starts today. Thank you soon-to-be Risen Lord for the afternoon nap opportunities and the chocolate bunnies. 

Mother is off to Japan for a week so I am Westie sitting. Three dogs .... dammit I am insane! 

Bought a new mattress last week. OMG. 

Where on earth is Sami?
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 11:27 pm

Hi Nay!! Thanks for checking on me! Smile Things are ok here....it's a bit challenging with my mom and I am going a little insane, but have to be thankful for all the good things I DO have!! Will try to pop in more often!

I'll sit the Westie for ya!  Wink 
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 4:22 pm

bounce Sami! You're such a good daughter. 

Small dogs have such big personalities. He's as funny as hell but also strong willed. Mother wants me to have him if something happens to her. Whilst she's not using Malaysian Airlines, that crash has rattled her. 

Busy week ahead. Hair appointment Monday, beagle play date Tuesday, lunch with a close friend Wednesday and morning tea at my house Thursday ... Friday brings a sigh - massage!
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 4:27 pm

Sounds like a good week for you!!

Westies definitely have STRONG personalities, and they don't like to be ignored. LOL!!
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 9:10 pm

I am SO corporate now, Nay. This car has adjustable/lumbar seats and is Bluetooth compatible. My Aussie coworker just rented a Malibu also, due to the fact that his truck needed repairs. We were comparing vehicle features. I think his car had mine beat, though.... :-/
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 1:07 am

I have a minivan. What does that say about me?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 3:02 am

Oooh DK! Comparing cars? Next you'll be dating him, marrying him and becoming an honorary Aussie! Oy, oy, oy! 

Hmmm Julie, mini-van = soccer mom. Not exactly a hot rod, man magnet.  Laughing 

Strong is right, Sami. As an only dog, he is not used to sharing. 
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 1:20 pm

My kid doesn't play soccer. Razz If a man is more interested in my car than in me, then he ain't my type.

Random Musings - Page 9 166223  Hi, people! 
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 7:58 pm

Hi Julie!  sunny 
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 11:29 pm

Aussie is already married, I'm afraid. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
lindamtrutt
Random Babbler
lindamtrutt

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 5:58 am

Julie, I too have a mini van what it says about us is that we are mom's and we are not looking for a man who just likes the car if we are looking but most of us with mini vans are MARRIED!
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 10:25 am

So minivans are like huge wedding rings. I'm thinking when I sell it I should convert the proceeds to some jewelry. Or a Landrover downpayment.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 6:01 pm

That's exactly what they are, Julie. Well, it also can be the car of choice for quick get aways ...  Laughing Are you planning on any bank heists a-la Bonnie & Clyde? 

Sheesh, DK. Maybe he has a brother? 

Just finished watching the whole of Elementary - season one. I may be hooked. 

Sad news about Peaches Geldof. Now two little boys will repeat her childhood without a mother. At least Mickey Rooney had 93 years of what was no doubt an interesting and entertaining life. 
Back to top Go down
lindamtrutt
Random Babbler
lindamtrutt

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 6:10 pm

Julie,
Yes mini vans are like big wedding rings most folks who drive a mini van are married. I do have one single friend who drives a mini van but she has a daughter and a dog.

Nay,
Mickey Rooney did have a long full life 90 years in show biz. I meet him at a Convention in 2006 totally out of his mind but it was still a special moment to me.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 12:27 am

Randoms:

I am rediscovering the deliciousness of a chocolate eclair made with real cream.

The first week of holidays has nearly passed and I have spent most of it sick.

Have you seen the incredible rendition of Hallelujah by Fr Kelly? 

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2600904/Priests-incredible-surprise-rendition-Hallelujah-Irish-couples-wedding-leaves-bride-crying-joy-internet-hit.html
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 9:08 am

Most priests, preachers, pastors, ministers, monks, rabbis, nuns sing with some proficiency and had singing lessons as part of their training. That Irish priest is pro! That's awesome!

DK:
Happy, happy (belated) Birthday!
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 3:19 pm

Happy birthday, DK!  I love you 
Back to top Go down
lindamtrutt
Random Babbler
lindamtrutt

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 7:27 pm

Happy Belated Birthday wishes Donna.
At my Temple our Rabbi has a good singing voice as does his wife but for our High Holy Holidays of Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kipper we have a local business man act as our Cantor he has such a beautiful voice that I love his name is Todd so everyone teases me that I am a Todd groupie, I told him this one year and he laughed : Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 7:31 pm

Isn't he fantastic, Julie? That cheeky little eyebrow lift made me smile. 

Happy belated birthday, Donna Katherine! Happy 105th birthday, geriatric (105) Dallas! 

Happy  Happy  Happy  Happy  Happy  Happy  Happy  Happy  Happy  Happy  Happy  Happy Happy  Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Musings
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next