The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Say something random about you (Part 5)

Go down 
+5
Helena Camacho
sami_stardust
LegoJulie
Nay
DonnaKat
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 1:05 am

Hi, Newlywed Lady! Hi, Everybody!

DonnaKat loves baseball. I think she's still a Cards fan.

You sound cheerful, kayanne!

My niece is half my kid's age. I both miss and not miss little ones.
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 7:05 pm

I am cheerful, Julie!

And I know how you feel about missing little ones. Mine is growing up way too fast and I am mourning the loss of my little boy. But I love the young man he is becoming.

I am not sure if that was cheerful or not!
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 11:07 pm

That's cheerful!

I have found the two reasons I hate cooking: preparation and clean up.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 1:36 pm

Just checking in from work on my lunch break, as I still don't have the internet thing at home yet. Nice pics, Nay!

Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 19 166223 to everyone.

To update, I've been extremely busy with the new house. My family and I have spent literally days and days on end, working during the day, through the evening and into the nights just trying to get the yard to stop flooding. The way my house is situated, I get all of the rain runoff from the street and it has been flooding both my front and back yards, as well as running very, very large and deep gashes in my driveway. At last, I think we finally (knock on wood) got most of it taken care of. Then to top it off, I caught an extremely nasty flu bug and have pretty much been out of commission for the past week and a half and still am not over it. But thank goodness I feel good enough to go back to work today. Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 19 357855  . Well, I hope everyone else that had a holiday had a good one!
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 8:07 pm

Get well, DK!

Did you build a curb, or dig runoff ditches?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 5:54 am

Hello Kayanne, Julie, DK and everyone! Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 19 166223 

Good to see the old married chick drop back in ... I hope you are being treated in manner to which you should be accustomed, K. Laughing With your help, that young boy will grow into a fine man.

Julie, I love little people's sense of humour. So spontaneous and real. Especially funny when they laugh at their own jokes. Cooking is a pleasurable task but cleaning up is definitely not as much fun as eating. What's the newest recipe you've tried? I made a delicious pumpkin, feta and baby spinach frittata for lunch last weekend. Add potato salad and a simple green side salad and you have yum in your tum!

DK! DK! We need some photos of your new house. Did you plant a special tree for your dear Mr Whiskers? How is your other cat coping? Your yard flooding from other areas is a tricky problem because you can inherit that from poor planning from the builders/developers. How did you solve it? A large pit, storm water piping? In Queensland, the land from our front boundary to the gutter is basically a local council problem.

I hope Sami and Shar are both well and happy. Miss you, ladies.

Random:

Tasmania hit its lowest EVER recorded temperature today -12C. Now that cold weather front is heading north. Icy wind here already. What happened to a mild winter? No 
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 1:06 pm

So far we've built an 80 foot long trench/runoff ditch complete with sheet rock we gathered from the side of the highway (that in and of itself was a task), a retaining wall with drainage barrels, put landscape timbers across the entire width of my front yard, and loaded about 40+ wheelbarrels of gravel back into the driveway. My sis in law says 80 but I think that was stretching it. Then again, she was the one loading most of them. We also put some piping under the driveway where it was running water (the gash was already there so we used that). That and we've planted flowers and bushes. I still want to make a rock garden in the back before this Autumn so I have a place to use my firepit. Being sick has set me back a bit, though. I do need to take pictures, don't I?

No I didn't plant a tree for Mr. Whiskers but that's a nice idea. I still have more to plant. Smile Angel is coping okay. Actually, I think she perked up after he passed, maybe because she has that whole downstairs area to herself now. I can hear her mewing more than I did when he was there, then again at 16 maybe she's going senile. Laughing 

My dad had to be taken to the ER yesterday because he was very dizzy, pale and was throwing up. they did a CT scan on him and come to find out, they found what they think is either a sigmoid sinus or mastoid mass behind his right ear. He has to go for an MRI to be sure what it is. I'm hoping it isn't anything serious. Please remember him in your thoughts and prayers.

Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 1:53 pm

That's a lot of work, DK! Your family sure is nice. Hope your dad is ok.

Nay, the last thing I cooked was a bag of popcorn in the microwave.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 5:20 am

I feel you, DK. Bloody hard physical labour isn't it? But the satisfaction of accomplishing all that work is immense and long lasting. Extra bonus that it was a family team effort. Bravo! Photos please. Sending my very best wishes to your Dad across the Pacific. Try not to worry yet.

Popcorn? Salted or buttery? I'll take both please. Throw in some Maltesers and a Coke Zero (or cold water) too.

Random:

I've been invited to a ten pin bowling birthday party on the weekend. A new friend and her friends so should be fun.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 11:20 pm

Don't drop the ball on your toes.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 7:21 pm

*sigh* I guess it's true. RIP Cory Montieth, 31, Finn Hudson on Glee. 31.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 4:42 am

I know, Julie. This came as quite a surprise. The randomness of it seems unreal. I hope some answers come out in the end. RIP CM.

Random:

How youse all bin? Hello Dallas, Julie, Sami, Shar, Dani, DK, Kayanne and all guests. Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 19 166223 

For some weird and meteorological reason, we have had no winter in Queensland.  Today I wore a shirt and a light jacket ...... with shorts! Touch wood, it stays that way.

Do any of you believe in karma? The theory that every dog has its day? I do. Or rather I have to.

When do the new season shows start? I'm missing TBBT and Castle. Do they follow the summer hiatus thing?

I faced some racism recently that shocked me as it came from people I thought I knew. Alcohol was involved but perhaps it just hid the real opinions. Has anyone else a practical way of dealing with this other than telling them to f/off??
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 6:30 pm

Karma doesn't mean every dog has its day. Karma is about what you do coming back to either reward you for good deeds or bite you in the behind for bad deeds, in this life or in another life. I don't believe every dog has its day. Some people are lucky all their lives, most people have a mix of good and bad luck, and some people got the butt end of life full of bad luck.

Why do you have to believe in karma/that every dog has its day?

American TV season start in American fall/autumn, around September-October, in recent years they take a winter break around December-January, start spring season or 2nd half of season, depending on the shows' contracts, around February, and end the season around April-May. There are new shows in the summer, some are made as a summer run only, and some are tests for possible regular seasons.

I don't know anything about other countries' TV schedules or movies. There's no need for that. cheers  Seriously, really good shows or movies from other countries get on TV or internet here. They are pre-selected so I don't have to wade through all the garbage like I have to for American ones.

Don't you watch Aussie shows?

Racism against you? Or people shooting off their mouths about other groups?

If they're drunk, tell them to shut up because their brains are pickled, change the subject, say something even more outrageous and egg them on for fun, ask them why they said what they said or have those opinions, or throw ice water in their faces. You should definitely record what they say and ask them when they're sober if that's how they really feel. Then you can decide whether they were drunk and stupid, or disgusting pieces of poop you don't want to associate with.

Question: Is it discrimination to discriminate against those who discriminate against others?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 5:00 am

Dog day, karma. Whatever. Either, neither. I do believe that bad people get their just desserts and that good people are rewarded. Maybe it's the faith instilled in me as a young child but it has mostly stood the test of time in my experience. The 'having to' is just my way of reminding myself that justice is a living entity.

Australian tv shows finish their season in the last quarter of the year and restart February/March. My grumble is that I've watching reruns of my favourite shows for too long. I need new episodes! Some Aussie shows are not worth watching; same as other countries. Taste, humour and acting standards are questionable sometimes.

The racism was displayed towards others, not myself. The over-generalisations people make still surprises me. I live in a fairly protected, some may say conservative and narrow minded, community. I'd never record friends in stupid moments but the suggestion of changing the subject or stirring the pot is a workable one. Unfortunately discriminating against discriminatory people is still discrimination. However, good common sense and broadmindedness are rare commodities in some circles.

Random:

TGIF. Last week felt like a breeze. Quick, happy, productive. This week was full of slow periods, interruptions, accidents and hyped moods. Early bed and a good sleep might improve my frame of mind. Right now, cuddling a beagle boy is helping.

I hope everyone else is well, healthy and happy. Here's hoping your weekend is all you need.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 8:32 pm

You can also sit and stare at the dingbat. Just keep staring. Just keep staring.

Common sense? What's that? *digs in the archaic bin unearthing subjects that include courtesy, manner, decency, respect, dignity, grace, class, compassion, kindness, mercy...* Sad Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 19 122847 

Seems to me good actors, writers, musician, artists, etc. flock to the US for bigger opportunities.

It's hot here in between clouds, thunders, and droplets of rain. The clouds keep knocking out my satellite TV.

I want my body from when I was in my early 20's, with the finances, knowledge and experiences I have now. I'm thinking aging backwards is a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 4:37 am

Staring coldly is a justifiable response. A disgusted look, heavy sigh and constantly leaving the table certainly didn't work.

That 'archaic' bin contains old-fashioned values, Julie. Unfortunately those values (& wisdom) don't always come with age. It's such a shame more people don't buck the slide towards complacency and inertia and step outside their small world. I dislike being predictable and following trends but maybe that in itself is uncool. As a teenager and young adult, whenever I would express an opinion or recall a piece of current affairs an uncle of mine would challenge it with a counter argument or query that I had to justify. That, and catholic schooling, taught me to attempt walking a mile in another's shoes.

Apparently we finally have some cold weather heading our way. Winter in 'upside world' is 1st June to 1st September. I'm not sure if the seasons are evening out here or if we're in for a shocker summer.

My body in my 20s was something I totally under-appreciated. Its flexibility, skin elasticity, tirelessness. I want it back!!!Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 19 122847 
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 6:20 pm

Shattered half a molar. Had a root canal. Waiting for crown. Can't stop playing with remnants.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 5:14 am

Ouch. I was cringing as I read your post, Julie. So painful. I've got a tooth waiting for a crown (which I'll get to one day) and I know it takes so long together it to that stage. A friend of mine had her teeth veneered in Thailand last month. It cost her a third of what Australian dentists would have charged and she seems very happy indeed. Hope you're pain free soon.

Random:

Winter has arrived. Dammit.

Congratulations to the new Royal parents. May they be blessed with a happy, healthy child who grows to become a gracious, respected and 'human' monarch.

What would you give up if you were asked to? I have challenged my students to a "Technology-free" week and I will be fascinated as to who can succeed. Years ago, when I was a child, we were asked to give something up during Lent. Nowadays we are asked to take up something instead of giving up eg. random acts of kindness etc. I think I could give up chocolate or gossip but not at the same time. I'm only human!
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 6:58 am

Thanks, Nay. Ah, the cheap medical procedures in Thailand. Cheap just about everything, really.

Yes, welcome new baby Windsor!

Give up technology? All of them? Like air-conditioning and car and flush toilet and clean water from faucets and electricity and microwave oven and TV and radio? NO WAY! Been there done that. Never want to do it again.

How about technology-free health care? No mass-produced medicine, no inhalers, no bandaids, no pacemakers, no hearing aids, no glasses or contacts, no insulin, no oxygen tanks, no defibrillators, no incubators. Talk about natural selection!

There is one thing I would love to have be techonology-free: War! They want to fight, let them beat and stab each other with fists and feet and sticks and stones. No knives, guns, bombs, tanks, planes, slingshots, cannons, radios, night vision, not even binoculars, since all of these require technology.

I don't think the giving up something for Lent helped everyone (who tried it) to become closer to God. I'll bet many moped around thinking about whatever they gave up. Taking up a task is better. "I hate doing this but I'm doing it for God." At least they give God a thought. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 5:59 pm

Julie, get your tongue off that tooth!

Nay, as always, your garden is beautiful, and you're far more civilized and introspective than myself.

I hate smart phones (yes I have one Rolling Eyes ) But I liked it much better when two people setting at the same table actually TALKED to each other.

Donna, You are SOOOOOO lucky to have family to help out. Hang in there.

Sorry I haven't posted much lately, but I'm still here. I guess I just didn't have a lot to say. I seem to spend all my time working or sleeping ( or sitting in front of the TV----also napping)Sleep 
Could I be getting old?

Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 1:21 am

I think the combination of couch and TV is extremely conducive to sleeping. I have to fight the temptation to recline or lie down on the couch. Otherwise I'd wake up to some random show.

There's a weird crater in my mouth.

I haven't sat a a table with people who talk or text on the phone, except for doctors taking short calls, or us trying to find out where the rest of the party who are late are. But then I haven't sat with people in their late teens or 20's in a very long time.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 9:29 pm

Hi Shar and Julie! The front garden is finally progressing. The warmer weather is pushing growth and blossoms are starting. Now if I could only stop Bud from decapitating the solar lights and running away with them. My latest thrill is waiting for the red hot pokers to emerge. Here is a photo of what they look like ...

Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 19 Image_zps0a31aede

How's the swimsuit hunting going, Shar? That's my least favourite shopping experience. Has your cruise fever started yet? My couch is one of my favourite spots, Julie. It can be too comfortable though. I do the rubbing of the tooth thing too! Hahahaaa

Random:

This weekend some friends and I will attend a local and annual multicultural festival. African, jazz and Tibetan music; Italian and Greek food; craft stalls; street performers. Hopefully the weather is fine and sunny.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 9:31 pm

Beautiful bright red!

Hi, everyone!
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 12:18 am

Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 19 75e21858-fd72-42f5-83b2-baf3e99610cc_zpsd3aa2658

Hi from Bud and Jordster.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 4:34 am

A little rattled here. A mongrel Maltese came out of its yard, without a leash, and charged both the boys. Jordy backed away so hard that he slipped his collar. Its owner tried to catch it but couldn't easily so the thing kept charging. Vicious little bastard.

Then when someone finally grabbed it, they took it back towards their house but didn't leash it. SO it charges again! Woman was apologetic but not enough as far as I'm concerned. Through intimate acquaintance with my shoe its face might have met its ass!

A glass of wine is helping.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Say something random about you (Part 5)
Page 19 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next