The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Say something random about you (Part 5)

Go down 
+5
Helena Camacho
sami_stardust
LegoJulie
Nay
DonnaKat
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 2:58 am

Nay wrote:
Of my rib fillet steak? It be gone in my tum, Dallas. Laughing 

Uh, no -  The mid-sized garden shed!
I live in Texas.  Do you think that I'm not well versed in cuts of beef?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 5:15 am

Dallas wrote:
Uh, no -  The mid-sized garden shed! I live in Texas.  Do you think that I'm not well versed in cuts of beef?
Hahahahaaaa! Ok, when I take one, I'll post it. I have no doubt you know your meat, Dallas. Wink 

Hi Shar. You must be getting excited as the cruise gets closer. Shopping for swimsuits is my least favourite shopping experience. 

Random

We have a super moon this week and winter has started to bite. Down to 9 degrees Celsius tonight. 
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 4:38 pm

Hmm...9 degrees Celsius...
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 4:19 am

Is that a hmmm of good or not so good, Julie? Are you on summer holidays yet? Hope the sprog is having fun annoying her mother. 

Random

Today, I committed a venial sin (i.e. a waste of time) by watching "Playing for Keeps". Seriously? Such a lightweight fluff piece. How can anyone be proud of their work in the film? Don't know how much money it made but can't for the life of me figure out why Quaid, Thurman, Jones and Greer thought this was a great step forward in their careers. GB even had his mother commit her time/money as an Associate Producer. 

After that time wasting exercise, I switched to "Gangster Squad" which was both palatable and surprising. Gosling is goooooooooood

Tomorrow's agenda includes a haircut, gardening, a nap and a long walk. Sounds thrilling I know but hey ... I'm on holidays!

Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 18 Image_zpsf44548e3
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 6:57 am

Nay wrote:
Random

We have a super moon this week and winter has started to bite. Down to 9 degrees Celsius tonight. 

Nay, you know me no speaky metric.  Why you make me Google?
Why do you hate me so much?

I have the sads. Sad
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 7:27 am

While 9 degrees Celcius seem like it would be very chilly -- it's over freezing.  So suck it up.  It's a bawmy 46 degrees.  That's nothing. Or do you have wind chill factor there?  Here you can say that is is  34 degrees but with the wind chill it feels like 10 below freezing.  So the actual temperature can feel much colder if there is a wind chill = and that is caused by various factors, including the humidity in the air.

My ex boyfriend grew up in the Rocky Mountains and is a pretty tough guy when it comes to being out in the elements on skis, snowmobiles, horses etc. in the winter. And he was often surprised by the bitterness of the cold during some of our winters down here.  He said that the winters up in the mountains has drier air and thus didn't have the bite that ours could.

Do you have that?  Aren't you on the water?  Does that effect anything?

I'm still trying to come to terms that you are down under/upside down/ and topsy turvy and having winter.  While I up here and in summer.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 7:55 am

As for Playing for Keeps - I warned all of you in an earlier post about that piece of crap. 

I had free tickets to see it before it came out and couldn't get excited enough to go.  And I certainly wasn't going to pay to see it.  So I rented it when it came out- with a FREE Code.  I got bored and FEEL ASLEEP during the movie.  I never do that.  So the next day I watched the rest of the movie(thinking it might get better) and I can honestly say that fully awake, I was also fully board.  I started looking at the home furnishings, and admiring Catherine and Uma clothes, shoes, purses etc.  That is what that movie became to me --checking out the set decorator's and costume designer's tastes.

The other thing that jumped out at me was that Gerry's hair looked crazy half the time and greesy the other half.  I know that there were some pics taken on set when  they were filming and he looked real nice in those pics.  His hair looked great.  I didn't see any of that in the movie.  Or if it was there it was so fast and then Gerry turned his head and he looked like a hobo again.

Nay, I saw Gerry's mother's name listed as an associate producer too.  Sometimes that title is just given for really no reason.  I doubt she did any creative work or raised money for this movie.  scratch

But what do I know.  It's sad that we found that observations more interesting than the movie itself.

I would have been embarrassed of that film and that role if I were him. 
I wanted my two hours back.  But I did like the curtains that Stacie (Jessica Biel) had in her formal living room windows that were along the front of the house  I thought they were cute and would have liked to have been able to see them better/closer.

Yes, I was shopping for curtains, home funishings, and women's attire during the movie.  That was the only thing that made that movie worth finishing.  And it was the only thing that held my attention enough to follow the stupid plot and Butler's crazy hair and mush mouth accent.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 6:16 pm

Dallas?! Three posts in a row, in this thread?? Are the Seven Horses of the Apocalypse soon to follow? 

Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 18 925981

I don't hate you. You live on the Internet, my little Afro permed snookums. Google is your friend.

Dallas wrote:
While 9 degrees Celsius seem like it would be very chilly -- it's over freezing.  So suck it up.  It's a balmy 46 degrees.  That's nothing. Or do you have wind chill factor there? 
I do have wind here ... but it mostly comes from what I eat. Laughing

Dallas wrote:
As for Playing for Keeps - I warned all of you in an earlier post about that piece of crap. Gerry's hair looked crazy half the time and greasy the other half. 
It WAS crapola in spadefuls. The hair was bad enough but his skin was awfulawfulawful.

Random:

I must away to discipline a badly behaved beagle boy. Farewell for now. 
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 6:06 am

Big news in Australia tonight ... Our Prime Minister Julia Gillard has been toppled both as Leader of the Labor Party and as PM by the very man she backstabbed three years ago.

Hail Kevin Rudd!

The Deputy PM (another backstabbing mongrel) has resigned. Several others have quit the front bench. A massive shakeup has occurred and all three months before a federal election.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 3:28 pm

Ah, the fun you have in a parliamentary government.

I'd love for it to be 9C here. It is 93F (34.8C) and feels like 98F (35.4C) here right now at 2:24pm. I turned on the cold water spigot and the water was hot. I'd love for it to be 9C here.

Sprog spends a lot of time watching movies and TV shows and music videos, with occasionally romps with the other kids on the street sometimes not here and sometimes here. All the parents try to not let them group up in their houses. They are loud and they eat all the goodies.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 7:05 pm

Considering how little we post about Geraldo Butters and how critical we are of his behaviour and career choices, I was astounded to see so many guests still visiting when I logged on this morning. On behalf of DK and myself, thank you.

Proud

Random:

Watering my gardens can be quite peaceful ... when the boys aren't barking. Anyway, a stranger walking on the front path stopped to sniff my roses and it struck me to take a photo. This is the Lamarque climber I planted over two years ago. Stunning!

Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 18 B153d621-b7be-4ec1-90ec-1ca8afb03bf4_zps188901fb
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 9:38 pm

Wow, Nay. BEAUTIFUL!
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 4:38 am

Thanks, Sami. How are you, my dear lady?
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 10:52 am

I'm hangin' in, doll. You?
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 2:11 pm

Beautiful rose bushes/vines.

Stranger peed on your fence?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 1:18 am

I'll bet your daughter has her mother's smart mouth! If so, teendom will punishment enough. Laughing 

The view from the inside ...

Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 18 23d5ecd1-ea4c-4d3e-9e7a-123e95429699_zps0c9cf0c9

Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 2:16 am

I'm raising a witty kid, mainly as a way to disarm bullies. Confound them, confuse them, beat them to the next insults, make them laugh. I'd prefer to punch bullies in the eyes with pens and pencils, but that's not acceptable.

Who remembers Old Yeller? I suspect people under 25 know nothing about that movie or book.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 6:47 pm

I have no doubt your sprog is witty and clever, Julie. Teaching her, when young, to handle bullies will also help her when she meets them in the workplace. Having high self-esteem will take her further in life. I've never seen Old Yeller so not sure what your referencing means.

Our resurrected Prime Minister has just announced his new ministry which includes a mixture of old and new, young and experienced and male and female. The front bench includes three new female ministers. Now for God's sake, get down to governing the country!
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 1:09 am

Old Yeller is a Disney movie from the 50's or 60's or 70's about a yellow dog and it's American pioneer family. It's one of those popularly referenced things, but seems to have died out now.

Is this new-fangled inclusive government going to be able to agree on anything?
Back to top Go down
Dani Blue
Random Babbler
Dani Blue

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2012-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 3:19 am

Beautiful flowers Nay! Really lovely! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 5:40 pm

Thanks, Dani. How are you? I visited the nursery where I bought the rose bush yesterday and showed the owner these photos. She asked if she could have a photo for her catalogue and website.

Julie, I don't know if any parliamentary caucus agrees all of the time. However, I'm just hoping for some stability. Our dollar has dropped and petrol prices are due to rise along with home interest rates and electricity costs. We need solid and considerate leadership now and after the next federal election.

I was shocked to hear about the deaths of the elite firefighting team in Arizona. Such a tremendous loss of such brave men. Your nation should be so proud of them and their kind.

Random:

My holidays (which are nearly over dammit!) have continued to be all about house and garden. A day trip to a nursery coming up. Friends arriving for a few days. More red wine and good food. At some stage though, I have to think about going back to work. I'm predicting the boys will NOT cope well. Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 7:30 pm

Belated Happy Canada Day to Canadians!

Happy Fourth to Americans!

Happy Day to all!

Random:
My niece thinks I'm funny.

Just told my kid she can go goth when she grows up because we won't have to separate her laundry since all her clothes will be black or dark. She said "I'm not going goth!" Twisted Evil *heeheehee*
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 3:22 am

Your niece isn't the only one.

Was there some reverse psychology in the goth option, Julie?

Two days of freedom left but still have to write a geography unit and this and that and the other ...

Hey Kayanne! I saw you. Laughing 

Last edited by Nay on Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 11:58 am

We still teach geography? Then again with all the twits and blogs and vlogs, I wonder if we still teach grammar, spelling and language arts. I'm pretty sure we don't teach manners and courtesy anymore.
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 7:45 pm

Hey Nay! And everyone else, too! I try to keep up with ya'll but I don't have much to tell. I have become an old married lady who works, spends time with the fam and watches a lot of baseball.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Say something random about you (Part 5)
Page 18 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21 ... 25  Next