The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Say something random about you (Part 5)

Go down 
+5
Helena Camacho
sami_stardust
LegoJulie
Nay
DonnaKat
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 8:52 am

Belated Happy Chinese New Year to all!

We had a thunderstorm last night. Kid came to me shaking. *sigh*

At least we got rain, and not other stuff.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 3:51 pm

If it's not too cold (or electrical), maybe take kidlet out to 'play' in the rain, Julie. I can see you running madly through your back yard screaming "It's fun!"

Mother Nature has been rather active lately, hasn't she, Shar?

I'm in shock this morning. Have you heard the news about Pope Benedict? First Pope in around 600 years to resign ... holy crap!
Shocked
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 4:50 pm

I just heard the headline, Nay. Wow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 11:09 am

The kidlet doesn't need my help running around the neighborhood.

I didn't know Popes could resign the papacy. I always thought they were Pope for life. I wonder if Conclave will start before Feb. 28. Will be kind of weird getting a new Pope without a funeral for the former one.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 9:48 am

http://www.savagechickens.com/2013/02/romantic-comedy.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SavageChickens+%28Savage+Chickens%29
Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 8 Chickenromcom

So true!
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 12:35 pm

LOL! Brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 3:36 pm

It looks like the basic premise to most tv soap operas.

Random:

QUESTION TIME ... If you have free time on your hands, what's your first choice of how to spend it?

For me, snoozing with the boys on a summer's afternoon.

Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 3:40 pm

I usually read and listen to music at the same time.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 11:10 pm

I watch TV and play some games at the same time, like Warcraft, puzzles on paper, jigsaw or wooden type puzzles, nap, surf and shop on internet, eat, harass my kid and husband.

Added:
I just realized these about Pope Benedict XVI:
1. The Pope gave a two-week notice, and
2. The Pope is giving up the Church for Lent.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 3:40 am

I couldn't do justice to a book if I listened to music also, Sami. You must be good at multi-tasking.

Julie, why am I not surprised there are jokes already about the Pope?
Laughing

"The Pope said he was stepping down at age 85 because he could no longer handle the job physically. To which Lance Armstrong said, 'I've got some stuff that can help you with that.'" – Jay Leno

"Today, Pope Benedict surprised everyone and announced that he is stepping down at the end of the month. Or as God put it, 'Well, at least he gave me two weeks’ notice.'" – Jimmy Fallon

"The Pope will be replaced, of course. When one Pope goes, another one popes up in his place." – Craig Ferguson

"Being 'The Pope' means you are married to God. So, is this like a divorce?" - Ricky Gervais

Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 7:12 am

I haven't read or listened to any of the jokes. Those guys are known for current event jokes. Also a good way to find out the hot topics of the moment.

Sometimes I have music or TV on as background noise. They mask the house and outdoors noises like water pipes, air-conditioning, fridge, computer fan hums, car engines, car doors, lawn mowers, big trucks backing up, etc.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 12:04 pm

I need music around 24/7 to concentrate, Nay! Smile Music is oxygen!

I am not listening to looking at the pope jokes. I personally find them a bit offensive, and I'm not even Catholic!
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 12:53 pm

I like jokes, even the sacrilegious, but in limited amount. I don't care for beating a topic to death. I really enjoy the clever ones that have no vulgarity, especially the ones with many layers.

I believe that God has a sense of humor, a really wacky one, and He gave me some of the same. He created elephants, platypuses, and hemp. He pointed out a tree with delicious looking fruits to Adam & Eve, and then told them they can't eat any. scratch

On the recent news front:

A meteorite exploded over a Russian town last night. Looks like no one died, just a bunch of people injured from blown in windows and doors, and fallen stuff.

An asteroid half the length of a football field (150ft = 45m) is doing a flyby of Earth. It'll come closest today at about 1:24pm CT (7:24pm GMT, 5:24am Sat Brisbane), 17,200 miles (27,000km) away from Earth, closer than our communication satellites in geosynchronous orbits. That's assuming the governments aren't lying to us and we're actually going to get hit or buzzed REALLY close.

They say the best place to see it (with telescopes) is in Indonesia. That means if it hits, Nay will be the first on this forum to know. Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 8 166223

In case it hits, I love you all.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 8:57 pm

I like funny jokes about usually serious topics ie. the Pope's resignation. As a catholic, I can say I haven't been fond of this Pope so I do not mourn his impending departure. It has happened quickly for the public so I suspect more to the story. As closed and secretive as the Vatican can be, one certainty is we will never know the full story.

Random:

It's started raining again here. More is predicted over the next three days and one long range forecaster has suggested another cyclone/low to form soon. I'm not sure those suffering could undergo a third test in three years.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 1:43 am

No earth shattering event. whee.

Nay, make sure your roof doesn't leak.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 5:21 am

Random:

Do you consider it rude to work/answer/google/text/play on your mobile phone during a presentation? Opinionated man sitting there asked a dumb question which had to be cut off, then proceeds to not look at hosts very much, stands up and walks out without thanking or nodding your head at hosts? I'm referring to something where said man was there voluntarily, not under duress.

Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 11:39 am

Nay wrote:
Do you consider it rude to work/answer/google/text/play on your mobile phone during a presentation?
In general, no. When I was in grad school, whenever we had guest speakers, most of the faculty and grad students showed up at the talks. We took our papers to be graded and homework with us and worked during the presentations. If the presentation was really interesting to someone, they stopped what they were doing and paid full attention. Otherwise we kept working and listening, and looked up at pretty pictures every once in a while. The faculty took work with them to faculty meetings and thesis defenses, too.

The people who didn't take work with them and got bored either talked with each other, fidgeted, or slept. The sleepers were really entertaining to everyone else, especially if they were strange (to mathematicians, which made them really strange).

I consider them rude if they actually talk on the phone, cheer, pump fists, groan, cry, get up and dance, or the presenter's the one doing it. Actually if the presenter does that, I consider the presentation done.

Nay wrote:
Opinionated man sitting there asked a dumb question which had to be cut off, then proceeds to not look at hosts very much, stands up and walks out without thanking or nodding your head at hosts? I'm referring to something where said man was there voluntarily, not under duress.
Why wasn't he ignored after he cut off his question? Or jeered? Or had sarcasm thrown his way? Or nagged about not finishing his question?

Maybe he made the phone ring because he realized his question was dumb.

Did everyone clap or cheer when he left?

Ban him from the next meeting he's not required to attend.

Take away his phone at the next meeting he has to attend. Heck, take away everyone's phone at every meeting.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 4:15 pm

Hi Julie. Been crazy busy/stressed here lately so haven't been around much. How are you and the fam?

Taking notes in a meeting is not rude. It is attentive in the present and retentive for the future. But I don't believe it is polite to work through a meeting unless the work is directly related to the topic at hand.

Rude guy slipped into room without introductions and left without goodbye. Another attendee did firmly call him on his dumb statement/comment before someone else reminded everyone (and especially him) that it was a topic for another occasion, not now. When he opened his mouth again further into the presentation, you could see some other attendees roll eyes and quietly sigh. When he asked how much longer the presentation would last, he lost me instantaneously. At yet another interjection, I did give him a little dig of my own related to his first dumbass comment.

Now I will make it my mission to find out who he is.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 11:11 pm

You have strangers walk into a school and into a staff meeting?

Family is fine. I'm beyond pissed off. I'm depressed the world didn't end. I'm depressed I didn't end.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 2:07 am

Good Lord, Julie. What would we do without you if you 'ended'? Why are you mega pissed off?

Randoms:

What do you believe about the Oscar Pistorius case?

Late to the party I know but I am now wireless. Very Happy

Bud, caught in a zen moment ...

Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 8 DSC01877_zps3886a469
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 11:13 am

Why am I pissed off? One word.

MOTHER.

Oscar Pistorius? Another famous man with huge ego and no self-control.

Next.

Bud looks sleepy. I bet he doesn't have to drive 2 hours to a bad dinner then drive 2 hours home. Again and again.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 11:20 am

LegoJulie wrote:
You have strangers walk into a school and into a staff meeting?

Family is fine. I'm beyond pissed off. I'm depressed the world didn't end. I'm depressed I didn't end.

paranoid I kinda feel the same way. After all that's happened around the globe in the last few months, I wonder if the world did end and we just don't know it yet. scratch
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 12:25 pm

Bud! I love you
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 3:37 pm

Hi Sami and Shar. How are you both?

LegoJulie wrote:
Why am I pissed off? One word.

MOTHER.
DITTO.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 6:16 pm

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Say something random about you (Part 5)
Page 8 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next