The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Say something random about you (Part 5)

Go down 
+5
Helena Camacho
sami_stardust
LegoJulie
Nay
DonnaKat
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 5:20 am

Sami! Julie! Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 9 646968

I just had a flash of Macbeth's three witches.

"When shall we three meet again? In thunder, lightning, or in rain?"
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 11:26 am

Around here we get all 3 at once.

Is there where "bubble, bubble, toil and trouble" come from?

I hate Shakespeare.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 11:59 am

I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 11:26 pm

Love you too, Sami. Laughing

That saying does come from Macbeth, Julie. The three witches are in a cave, mixing up havoc, if I remember correctly.

I really enjoy Shakespeare. He was the finest soap opera writer of that time.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 11:44 pm

I love Shakespeare. He was in tune to the human condition.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 5:55 am

Yeah, not interested in reading soap opera or about the human condition. I love the musical [i]Les Miserables[/b] for the music, but hate the story. I hate the Shakespeare story episodes on the Star Trek shows. Do much misery and idiocy.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 5:11 pm

Exactly. Great music but Victor Hugo is just not my idea of a good time.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 5:13 pm

Victor Hugo is my favorite author. Different strokes, I guess.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 10:40 pm

Can't decide what to read next.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 11:05 pm

i'm reading cyndi lauper's bio right now.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 3:46 pm

Dear Julie, are you in a blue funk? What can I do to help?

Sami, I can't say I have read any Victor Hugo but of course I have seen the musical Les Miserables. Wonderful music with tremendously dark story but it was obviously a dark time in French history.

On my recent read list, I've finished "A Lion Called Christian" by Anthony Bourke, "The Handmaid's Tale" by Margaret Atwood and last night started "American Sniper" by Chris Kyle. The first was a quick, easy read, the second was more arduous but frightening and the last is like a head butt/king hit/Glasgow kiss about the reality of war.

Hi Shar. Any more renovations on the home front?

Random:

Photobucket is congested this morning so I'll try to upload those APJ and Oscar party photos again tonight. My apologies.

It has been raining solidly again here for the past three days and due to a slow moving low pressure system should continue for the next three days. Western Australia is being battered by a huge cyclone which is spreading rain across three states and half the country.

Crazy thing is my class has swimming lessons today! Laughing
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 4:06 pm

Les Miz, believe it or not, is really hard to translate to the stage...the way the book is written. You can get the basic plot, but what made the book so good for me was all of the musings of the characters, mostly Jean Val Jean. You can't PUT that in a script, so, to me, it's never really been done "right." Do ya know what I mean? The Hunchback is a great book that no movie version has ever ended properly. Too sad. Love Hugo's poems, too!!

I'm looking forward to seeing the latest Les Miz movie, tho. Love Hugh Jackman!
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 4:15 pm

Here's one of my fave Hugo quotes:

“Let us be like a bird for a moment perched
On a frail branch when he sings;
Though he feels it bend, yet he sings his song,
Knowing that he has wings.”
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 6:03 pm

When my branch bends, then breaks, I'm SOL, like a dodo or a kakapo or a penguin or an emu.

I feel the same annoyance at the saying "When life hands you a lemon, make lemonade," which is usually parroted by cheerful people. Not helpful. Actually makes me feel worse. I mean, how do you "make lemonade" when someone you love has cancer? Or commits suicide? Or constantly berates you?

I want to stick platitudes where the sun don't shine, along with a whole bunch of people.

Nay, you can help by turning unreasonable, inconsiderate people into reasonable, considerate ones.

I need something different.

Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 6:06 pm

Most people just use silly platitudes coz they don't know what else to say. I'm with you, Julie....usually the platitudes make it worse.

That being said: I say when life hands you a lemon, get some tequila, salt and GO FOR IT!
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 8:44 pm

Still a platitude.
When you're that down, the only thing that can get you out is yourself. It helps if there is someone to say that they understand your feelings, and like you anyway. So share with a friend, and try not to kill the happy, happy people (they mean well- they just happen to be less-than-astute.)

I know because I've been there-----Sometimes, I still am.

You have a friend.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 3:20 am

I appreciate all my friends here. It's why I come here.

My kid ate half a lemon's worth of lemon slices (meant for squeezing onto food) at one of those annoying dinners, and enjoyed them more than everything else. In retrospect, the fruit plate for dessert was what I enjoyed most. Sad.

I told my husband I think I'd like to move. He moved his butt away from the conversation.

I need something different, but it has to be better. I'm willing to settle for what I have if different means worse. Things could be worse, and I don't want that.

I've been watching Duck Dynasty. I'm thankful squirrel isn't part of my diet.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 5:02 am

LegoJulie wrote:
Nay, you can help by turning unreasonable, inconsiderate people into reasonable, considerate ones.
I actually have done that by changing how much they and their opinion matters to you. Cancel them out like an item on the menu, a christmas card list, a torn photo ...

If they have power of some kind (or authority) over you, then it's a different situation entirely.

Voodoo doll?

St Benedict medal? I did this one and it really works.

Dead skunk under their house?
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 8:56 am

Cancel out my mother? Isn't there a hell reserved for people who do that?

Voodoo doll won't work. The juju might work, but I'd have to suffer the consequences, too.

I'm not going anywhere near a dead skunk. Besides, her house sits on a slab foundation, no space under. And if there happens to be a dead animal in her house, she would call my husband repeatedly until he goes over there to remove it. Again, I suffer for it.

St. Benedict medal...don't think St. Ben would assist in warding off one's mother.

Actually, ranting about her helps.

It's almost March. I feel like I should learn to play Reveille on the trumpet. Same notes as Taps, but harder, and more startling.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 12:26 pm

LOVE Duck Dynasty. That show is a riot!

Having a safe place to rant is always a wonderful thing!
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 12:35 pm

Yep, ranting helps.

Suggest that she join a little-ol'-ladies club. Maybe she'll find a boyfriend and stay out of your hair. (Wait----I tried that and she married him. and I ended up taking care of both of them)

I like Duck Dynasty. The episode about the road trip had me laughing so hard I nearly wet myself. (not that that's really unusual you understand)
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 2:35 pm

I think Duck Dynasty is hilarious, too. Phil and Jace can say the craziest things with the straightest of faces. Love it! And then...there is Uncle Si!! And Mountain Man.

Happy, happy, happy............
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 4:01 pm

LegoJulie wrote:
St. Benedict medal...don't think St. Ben would assist in warding off one's mother.

Actually, ranting about her helps.
Buy a St Benedict medal, hide it somewhere in her house and you will be the one who moves away ... kill two birds with one stone.

I did it. It worked. Supposedly when it is blessed by a Benedictine Priest, it will ward off evil and give us God’s protection against danger.

Rant anytime. That's what friends are for.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 10:16 am

Never met a Benedictine. I'll think about the medal.

I learned a few things from Duck Dynasty. I didn't know those little bass boats have a drain hole, and a plug, in the bottom. Asked husband where the hole is, and he said it's near where the motor attaches. I looked up their website, and found out duck calls are around $65-$125! Always thought they were more like $15-$20. And female turkey gobbles sound like the squeaking from rubbing on wet plastic.

It's March 1. It is 28F (-.5C) outside. O...k...
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 12:01 pm

Wow! I didn't know duck calls cost that much either, but I guess nothing handmade is cheap. Was wondering how that family got rich off of them. Now we know! Laughing

Pretty cold here, too, for Atlanta and March.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Say something random about you (Part 5)
Page 9 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next